Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All footage seems to be xbox no ps3 why? | Forums

Well ubi i have not seen any gameplay footage on the ps3 as yet alot of people want too see it so were is it. Not trailers actuall gp footage like whats been seen on the 360
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Most games are created on the 360 first and then ported to the ps3. I dont know why but thats how it is. Iv tested games from EA and they were all tested on the 360

Quote Originally Posted by xhostileman View Post
    Most games are created on the 360 first and then ported to the ps3. I dont know why but thats how it is. Iv tested games from EA and they were all tested on the 360
    Apparently the PS3 is harder to develop for.

Quote Originally Posted by suolucidur View Post
    Apparently the PS3 is harder to develop for.
    Ya, thats what i heard too. Dunno why. They got blue ray and apparently better graphics. In terms of gameplay wise, when i played these games such as RB and GRAW on my 360 and then went over to a buddies house and tried his ps3 versions. God it felt so terrible on the ps3. Not ripping the ps3 users but games dont feel as good on em. Even my sports games that i play feel diff

Quote Originally Posted by buz_360 View Post
    Well ubi i have not seen any gameplay footage on the ps3 as yet alot of people want too see it so were is it. Not trailers actuall gp footage like whats been seen on the 360
    I'm sure as soon as he is able, Antoine will share them with the Playstation Blog, so make sure to check there as well as the forums.

Ubi-Mush did say he's very busy - so please allow him some time.

Here is the thing, there is no thing is a bad game on PS3, if you played Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, Uncharted 3, inFamous 2, Resistance 3, Journey, or technically any PS3 Exclusive game, you would realize that the PS3 is on top of it's game (same goes for X360).

The thing is Ubi is doing bad ports, or was doing so, Splinter Cell ports can't be compared to their Xbox originals, cause Ubi ported them badly instead of developing them for PS, that's why SC sales on the PS is weak, even though the Metal Gear Solid sells strong, meaning the stealth genre is very much alive on the PS.

Now regarding why the PS3 is harder to develop, I am not really sure about this, but I think the RAMs available for processing or something is lower than X360, so developers need to spend more time on PS3 to get things right, while X360 is easier cause it have more RAMs, or something, it is along those lines though I am not sure, think Bayonetta all the reviews said it sucked on the PS3 (but I enjoyed it), that way because it was a port, and not developed for the PS3, some developers really spend time working hard like RockSteady Batman Arkham City which looks amazing on PS3, while others just flip like Bethesda Skyrim and all it's problems on the PS3.

As for GRFS we wouldn't be able to judge without a copy in our hands, but I hope that Ubi isn't porting the game, but developing it for PS3 and X360 simultaneously

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

RE PS3:

The PS3 has a very different architecture (in terms of hardware) then traditional PCs. XBOX is more inline with what a desktop PC and Wii looks like. The difference in hardware & software APIs provided by Sony to the game developers means that program code is far less portable between the systems. It makes the process difficult, more expensive, more bug prone, subject to performance issues, and more you name it. It was a poor decision by Sony in the first place and gamers are suffering for it now. Its not that their hardware is bad, its just too different to make targeting it easy when you are also targeting the other platforms. If you look at the recent PS4 rumors, they all indicate that Sony is fixing this with the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by ecma4 View Post
    RE PS3:

The PS3 has a very different architecture (in terms of hardware) then traditional PCs. XBOX is more inline with what a desktop PC and Wii looks like. The difference in hardware & software APIs provided by Sony to the game developers means that program code is far less portable between the systems. It makes the process difficult, more expensive, more bug prone, subject to performance issues, and more you name it. It was a poor decision by Sony in the first place and gamers are suffering for it now. Its not that their hardware is bad, its just too different to make targeting it easy when you are also targeting the other platforms. If you look at the recent PS4 rumors, they all indicate that Sony is fixing this with the next generation.
    I just hope next Gen isn't about blocking Used Games, and needing constant online connection to play games (DRM)

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Honestly I could care less about blocking used games, because I hope they move to a 100% digital format. The days of going to the store and buy a box are over. I've had enough of scratched disks, and all the other issues that come with physical media. The Steam store on PC is a way better experience. Being able to pre-order a game, and even download the files before the launch date is awesome! Digital distribution kills the sell back industry, but gamers get a way better experience.

DRM is evil no matter how you look at it. I'm completely against piracy, I actually want to pay for and support a good game / company, but DRM only hurts the legitimate customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ecma4 View Post
    Honestly I could care less about blocking used games, because I hope they move to a 100% digital format. The days of going to the store and buy a box are over. I've had enough of scratched disks, and all the other issues that come with physical media. The Steam store on PC is a way better experience. Being able to pre-order a game, and even download the files before the launch date is awesome! Digital distribution kills the sell back industry, but gamers get a way better experience.

DRM is evil no matter how you look at it. I'm completely against piracy, I actually want to pay for and support a good game / company, but DRM only hurts the legitimate customers.
    I think we will disagree on that, I hold no value for downloadable things, I like to have a case to marvel at, old maybe, but I just like it, I like to have a collection of the stuff I bought right there in my hand reach, I actually still have my PSOne collection and PS2 collection, and they are looking good , it comes to how you handle the game and how many of your friends borrow it , luckily I don't lend away alot of games, not until recently.

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast