Thread: ACR stuttering with NVidia GTX 680! Driver problem?? | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

ACR stuttering with NVidia GTX 680! Driver problem??

Hi all,

I recently bought a new NVidia GTX 680 card (yes!!). Now I can play almost every game at Full HD, maxed settings without stuttering or lags at 60 fps.

But not AC: Revelations!! Fraps tells me it runs with 60 fps througout, but strangely when running through the city or turning around the game often has these little stutters/jitters. It looks like as if the game loads new data (which I can't believe, because it also happens when I stand still and slowly turn around myself or go to an area I just visited before). I never had this with ACII or ACB.. these games were absolutely fluid.

I tried everything, I set all game settings to low, but nothing helps :-(.. those stutters just won't go away.

My system:

ASRock Z68 Board
    Intel Core i5 2500K CPU @ 4GHz
    8GB RAM
    EVGA GTX 680 (2GB RAM) using the new 301.10 driver

Now, can this maybe be a problem with the new 301.10 NVidia driver? I can't try a different driver because this one is the only GTX 680 certified driver available.

Thanks for any help, guys!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That's because of the negative mouse accelaration which they didn't fix since AC2! It causes the stuttering and it can only be solved with proper mouse support but it seems like that isn't going to happen.

Thanks for the info andre but I play all AC games with the Xbox controller for Windows. The controller is just perfect for these kind of games I found out. I lounge on my living room couch when playing (in front of my 55" LCD TV and my 5.1 sound system) and this is by far the most comfortable way for me.

The reason I kinda suspect the new driver is that NVidia changed quite a lot with those: Adaptive power management, pre-rendered frames not set to 3 anymore, adaptice vertical sync, and maybe other stuff as well has been changed.

This looks kinda like some sort of texture swapping problem..

Core i5 issue called hyperthreading. Disable this technology in bios and let know if it helped.
    Are you facing some problems in assassin's creed revelations? Check this faq, maybe there is a solution:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...nity-based-faq
    And here fo Assassin's Creed III game:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ns-to-problems
    Black Flag:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...99#post9515499
    Interesting blog i've found some time ago:
    http://themaningrayhat.wordpress.com/

"Devs are aware"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samtoy View Post
    Hi all,

I recently bought a new NVidia GTX 680 card (yes!!). Now I can play almost every game at Full HD, maxed settings without stuttering or lags at 60 fps.

But not AC: Revelations!! Fraps tells me it runs with 60 fps througout, but strangely when running through the city or turning around the game often has these little stutters/jitters. It looks like as if the game loads new data (which I can't believe, because it also happens when I stand still and slowly turn around myself or go to an area I just visited before). I never had this with ACII or ACB.. these games were absolutely fluid.

I tried everything, I set all game settings to low, but nothing helps :-(.. those stutters just won't go away.

My system:

ASRock Z68 Board
    8GB RAM

Now, can this maybe be a problem with the new 301.10 NVidia driver? I can't try a different driver because this one is the only GTX 680 certified driver available.

Hahhahaahha. I've been writing for several months in several threads about this. Nobody gave me any support. I've been saying all the time that this game has very very bad optimization for PC. Now I got my moral satisfaction.

GTX 680 frame rate drop out

Quote Originally Posted by samtoy View Post
    Hi all,

My system:

ASRock Z68 Board
    8GB RAM

I have seen this complaint now on a number of forums and it's one I share. Since installing the GTX 680 (replacing AMD Radeon 6850) I've had significant problems with massive mouse stutter and lag on the 3 monitor spread (impossible to play COD Modern Warfare 3) - the frame rate dropping from 60 down to zero every time I touch the mouse or the keyboard. Works brilliantly on Battlefield 3. I have the Widescreen Fixer (v3.2) running (hotkey enabled) but in the end I give up and go back to single monitor. Also causes similar, though less extreme, reaction in Empire Total War. With those games that work with the 680 it is great and allows for max graphics but I'm nonplussed that it is much more glitchy and unreliable than the AMD 6850. I use a Razer Death Adder mouse and a Razer Lycosa keyboard - but have swapped both with other mice and keyboards - same result. Would appreciate any suggestions.