Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Secrets: The Stealth Interview Series | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

@ Die
    Hopefully that means less swearing and more flanking.
    It'd be so nice if the AI was smart enough to execute their tactics without telling us about them... oh wait, that's not really the consoles fault.
    See what I did there?

Seriously though, a powerhouse for AI processing would be shweet.
    Hey, you guys ever played F.E.A.R. it had pretty mean AI. Nice balance of aural warnings and actual (but not always) intelligent action.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have played FEAR a long time ago. Don't know about AI that much anymore, but they did some pretty mean stuff sometimes that's for sure.

well I wouldn't give them points for problem solving or anything, but on occasion I remember getting flanked by a "team" of Replica and having to adapt on the spot, there was never an abundance of warning. Like in Conviction the enemy literally yell their plan at you several times before even moving close to your position, it's such an immersion breaker and so obvious that it's pampering for players who have an unnaturally low awareness level.
    And the Replica actually had the ability to sit quietly around corners and ambush you. They felt like pro enemies who worked as a team and really wanted you dead.

Hmm, I feel all nostalgic now. F.E.A.R. is totally still one of my fav FPS
    Last edited by Jazz_117; 04-04-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_117 View Post
    Like in Conviction the enemy literally yell their plan at you several times before even moving close to your position, it's such an immersion breaker and so obvious that it's pampering for players who have an unnaturally low awareness level.
    for gameplay's goal these thing will ultimately happens, player should have superior knowledge than outnumbered opponent AIs.
    in a stealth gameplay,you sees what AI supposed dont, you can learn or predict their next moves. so players can make plans to dodge them. pre and post detection.
    in that case, assume AI arent gonna coming in the same location one by one to be punch in the face like sometimes in SCC.
    at least you can protect yourself somehow by avoid AIs assaults strategy, say like if they're bout to rushing your position from multi direction,
    some how players should able to sense that and go hides, messy but player can still figure out a way to continue the game, not sits in a shadowed cover position and dont know whats going on(if you dont have sonar wallhecks) than suddenly gets sprayed by three different enemies.
    the LKP outline can serve this purpose, but too gamey and unreal, but purpose is the same, you see you leaves a LKP outline, you know to get away from it cuz thats where AI goes.
    indeed the LKP ghost + wallhecks + AI yelling in the same game is stupidly redundant. leave only one will be just fine.
    I'll say AI talks will be the best, just not yelling. that make every AI looks like a cheap thug payed 2$/hrs, instead gives player ability to overhears their radio like pre-detected in SCC.
    before they go full on assault, they share your location and coordinate for few seconds. thats your cue to react.

and make sure AI dont take turns sticking to the same cover one after another and all with half of their brains still visible waits for your pop shot, even tho 3 trap-indicating dead bodies already laying on the that position, if an AI saw a teammate getting kill/KO, they should know the position is exposed and need to be avoid.
    We do have more than 100 keys on keyboard, the melee/action key design is a failure.

......and just because people runs fast, it doesn't mean they want to jump over obstacles and kick down a door.

@Jazz

You can say that Fear

*Shades on

had a Fearsome AI

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

No really FEAR combat AI was bloody fantastic....one of the few games I recall having an AI that is fun to fight. Halo, Half-Life and Freedom Fighters being the others (I'm missing some here)
    Last edited by shobhit7777777; 04-05-2012 at 05:03 AM.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_117 View Post
    unnaturally low awareness level.
    Nice! It does feel like that, "Hey, stupid, get ready we're about to come and get you".

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    Nice! It does feel like that, "Hey, stupid, get ready we're about to come and get you".
    it's like playing Hide & Seek with a 3 yr old. You know where the lil shizz is but you gotta prance around like a coked out Barney for a lil while dropping massive hints.

NOTE: To female readers....it may seem like I dislike kids..but I actually love them. Hence my attractiveness rating should NOT be negatively impacted by the above statement and should remain at 33 trillion...which is the highest ever...on Earth...and Russia.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12