Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corey May "I have a very specific way to go there." | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

I still trust Corey May and feel they would do great with both. For Japan, the way I see it, most titles that take place there have a very cartoony fictitious look and feel. If AC were to go there, the way I would compare is AC in japan would be like The Last Samurai while all others are like Ninja Gaiden. AC would feel real and classy and give us a feeling of living in that era, which I imagine was not very much like these ninja games. Most games of the setting are very over-dramatic, fake and cartoony. AC would give it a feel of realism and paint the era in a different light that I feel would be very refreshing.

As for WWII, I am still very hesitant about a modern day AC but then again, we already have a modern day character, Desmond. The first time we actually used him in a combat situation it was very corny, what with the batons and all. How they plan to go about it in ACIII I guess we'll find out.

Back to WWII, I still trust Corey May and feel they could pull it off. I don't know how but that's why I just play them and don't write them ; ) Another thing I think about when concerning this subject is, did the assassins just stop existing when humans invented effective firearms?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It is true that a lot of Japanese developers have made games in the time of feudal Japan, but they haven't done it in terms of being a good game in my eyes. Some of the games aren't historically accurate either. The only ninja game that is still known internationally is the Ninja Gaiden series and the latest game didn't do so well. I agree with what Hutchinson said that if they chose to set an AC game during the time of feudal Japan, then there is that sense of familiarity. I personally wouldn't mind since it would be great to see how Ubisoft would approach it. So far, they have done a great job handling AC3 and the American Revolution setting.

Considering how much money and effort has been invested into AC3's engine, it can work for an Asian setting game. Although we haven't seen AC3's combat gameplay yet, but I picture it to be similar to how the latest Batman games are. After all, they did put a big emphasis on wanting the player to keep moving. I can picture this fighting mechanic to be similar to Asian martial arts and the fighting style of Shao Jun that we've seen in Embers. I like that the fighting styles are changing since they have created new animations for Connor, so he will be unique from Altair and Ezio. There is also the new addition called the rope dart (reminds me of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat), which can be used again as a grappling hook in an Asian setting AC game. The idea of free running on tree branches reminds me the movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, except more realistically of course.

Overall, I welcome any time period that Ubisoft wants to go to.
    Last edited by souNdwAve89; 04-01-2012 at 02:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123