Thread: Buy or not Buy !!?!! | Forums

Question Buy or not Buy !!?!!

Hi All,

I like the game series and have the old version of this game.

Since there's no DEMO or Trial for it, i'll like to know if it'll ron smothly on my box or not, i see around the net many people complaining about this game performance and wanna be sure of it before i buy ...

My specs.

Proc:AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 3.600 GHz
    Mem:8 GB
    Gra:GF 9600GT

Can anyone provide me some information regarding the performance !?!?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I bought this 2 weeks ago on Steam for €50.

I saw there was several patches released so I assumed the problems I was hearing about would have been fixed by now.

I was wrong. It has filthy performance. 4 or 3 planes on screen and it shudders to a crawl. Anti Aliasing doesn't even work properly.

I've gotten about 30mins entertainment (or should I say frustration) from my money so far. It's a sad state of affairs that they can release a product of such poor quality I can't even get a refund on.

From what I've read there's supposed to be some magical patch coming "soon" but I wouldn't hold my breath on timelines or any performance boosts.

The game looks and runs like something you'd see in a poor console port.

Do yourself a favour and get IL-2 1946 (lots of mods to improve visuals) or IL2:Wings of Prey. Both are very cheap and will keep you occupied until you can check back on Cliffs of Dover in another 6months or so!

Phenom II X4 965
    4GB DDR3
    GTX 570

Hello Iris,

Really thanks for your sincerity ... really ... thanks to you i'll keep my money for some time more until they get it fixed

It's possible for you to send me the links for the mods to improve visuals of the IL-2 1946 !?!? I'll re install it, it's a long time that i don't play the IL-2 1946 i hope they got some guides on how to install it i love IL-2 1946 lot's of fun there

Really Thanks

Hidamen, your graphics doesn't meet minimum spec: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...Mm8yXzduSms%3D
    For nVidia, minimum spec in the 9xxx series is the 9800.

Irishhowl, what OS are you running? I'm getting adequate performance on GTX460 but I'm running Win7 x64 with 6GB RAM and an i7 950

Tully ?!?!

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:

ATI® 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970
    NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

Mine is better than the ones presented !!!!

[]´s

I presume you're referring to the 8800...not necessarily. Though the overall performance may be better, there may be some critical specific performance factors where the 8800 outperforms your 9600. That's why a specific lowest model is specified for each series. The developers guarantee the game will start and run on a GF9800 but make no such guarantee for a GF450 as it doesn't have the required technology in some area. I've even seen a couple of people reporting that the game wont run on a GF550...

Regardless, even with an 8800 or 9800 you're only guarantee is that the game will actually start and run. With those cards it's going to need the graphics settings turned down a long way to get even close to playable with only a few aircraft in a fight. Even with my GTX460 peformance is only good, not excellent.
    Last edited by Tully__; 03-31-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Hi, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask my question here.

I really like playing il2 and I just brought the cod version yesterday, but something went wrong as shown in the following link.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/64894106.jpg/

My specs:
    CPU: i5
    vedio card: 1GB AMD HD 6550M

Does anyone has the same problem with me?

Regards,

Try turning Anti-Epilepsy filter off under Video settings.

Quote Originally Posted by l20ea04 View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask my question here.

I really like playing il2 and I just brought the cod version yesterday, but something went wrong as shown in the following link.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/64894106.jpg/

My specs:
    CPU: i5
    vedio card: 1GB AMD HD 6550M

Does anyone has the same problem with me?

Regards,

While I'm here I might as well state another reason I think this product is shoddy. The menus. I hate the fact that the menu's seem to be a completely different application than the game itself. When you click "Start" to start the game, it flickers and I can see my desktop for a few seconds. Also the menu's use windows tool tips which just shows that it was hacked together really quickly.

you need to disable the epilepsy filter. Is how my screen looks with it turned on