Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RAVEN SHIELD FAQ V2.0 CHECK IT OUT! | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    <font color="yellow" size=3>Stuff to think about BEFORE posting.</font>

<font color="red">Q: Is the question that I'm about to ask already answered here or in a recent post?</font>

A: Please, please, please, please make sure that you review the FAQ before posting.

<font color="red">Q: Am I going to be able to state my question in a civil manner?</font>

A: Put simply: If you can't be civil, go back to the Counter Strike forums.

<font color="red">Q: What information do I need to include when asking help?</font>

A: We'll need a complete description of the problem, what you have done to try and rectify the problem, and a copy of your dxdiag information.

<font color="red">Q: That's not very helpful, how can I get the dxdiag information?</font>

A: 1. Click start, then run, then type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and press enter.

2. Once the tool loads, click the "save all information" button at the bottom of the window.

3. Save that file somewhere on your hard drive that you can find, then you can open the file in notepad and cut and paste that information into a reply to this post.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Freezing, Crashing, and Performance.</font>

<font color="red">Q: Every time I start Raven Shield, I get a General Protection Fault OR The screen goes black and/or white and the computer locks up.</font>

A: Try these tips:

- If you are playing on Windows XP, disable the Sticky Keys in Windows. To do this click here.

- Please make sure that all of the drivers on your system are up to date and installed correctly. For information about how to do this, read this.

- Make sure that AGP support is enabled in the DirectX Diagnostic tool for AGP video cards.

- Make sure your computer meets the full minimum requirements for this game. The system requirements are located here.

- As a last resort, try lowering the sound acceleration in the dxdiag tool. To do this, follow these directions:

1. Click Start, then Run.
    2. Type: dxdiag and click OK
    3. Click on the "sound" tab.
    4. Move the hardware slider down one notch, then close DXDIAG and try Splinter Cell again.
    5. If the problem persists, keep lowering the slider bar in a trial and error fashion until the problem is fixed.

<font color="red">Q: I'm getting choppy framerates in the game.</font>

A: Please see the question about GPFs and the game crashing. The same troubleshooting steps apply. Also, you may need to turn down the graphics options in the game.

For more performance tweaks, please read this post

<font color="yellow" size=3>Video</font>

<font color="red">Q: I have a Matrox Parhelia, and something seems wrong with the graphics in the game.</font>

A: We are experiencing issues with the Matrox drivers. These issues will be corrected with a driver release.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Install</font>

<font color="red">Q: The Raven Shield install keeps crashing when I insert disk 2.</font>

A: Please make sure that you are not using a CD-RW drive to install the game. CD-RWs are NOT supported for use with Raven Shield.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Sound</font>

<font color="red">Q: I seem to be having problems with my sound in the game. I hear a loud screeching sound after firing my weapon. </font>

A: Within the Raven Shield options, turn audio virtualization to "NO Virtualization". Also turn off (uncheck) 3d Audio and EAX sound. If this alone does not fix this issue, then please do the following.

Click Start, then Run. Type: dxdiag and then click "sound". Move the hardware slider down one notch to Standard Acceleration, then close DXDiag and try Raven Shield again. If this doesn't work, continue to lower the hardware acceleration until you can find a suitable setting.

If you continue to experience sound problems, please ensure you have the most recently updated and DirectX / DirectSound compatible sound card drivers from the sound card manufacturer.

To verify that you have the latest DirectSound drivers available for your sound card, contact the sound card manufacturer. If necessary, obtain and install the latest DirectSound drivers for your sound card. This is usually done by visiting the manufacturer's website, or contacting their technical support for help updating drivers. For more information on obtaining drivers, please search the Ubi Soft Solution Center at http://www.ubisoft.com/support for "update drivers".

Once these drivers have been downloaded and installed, reinstall the version of DirectX that is installed on your system.

To do this, from Windows, click on start then run, and type x:\directx\dxsetup (where x:\ is the letter assigned to your CD-ROM drive with the Ubi Soft Game CD in the drive.) If you have installed a newer version of DirectX than is on the Ubi Soft game CD, then you will need to reinstall DirectX from whichever source you last installed it. The latest version of DirectX can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/DirectX.

As a last resort KungFu_CIA has created a thread about how to disable the DARE audio system in the game. The thread is located here. Any information in this thread is NOT official, and technical support cannot help with this process.

<font color="yellow" size=3>General</font>

<font color="red">Q: Where can I find information about the 1.1 patch?</font>

A: The 1.1 patch is located at http://www.raven-shield.com .

<font color="red">Q:The CD I purchased does contain a CD Key. It seems to be missing. What can I do?</font>

A: Please return your CD, with your original sales receipt to the retail establishment that you purchased it from. Your product is not complete without a valid CD Key.

<font color="red">Q:What are the minimum requirements for Raven Shield?</font>

A: In order to play Raven Shield properly, your system must meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Minimum Requirements

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP ONLY
    800 Mhz Pentium III, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
    128 MB RAM (XP users: 256 MB RAM required)
    32 MB DirectX 8 compatible 3D video card with hardware T&L
    DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    DirectX 8.1 or higher (DX9 included on the disc)
    CDROM 16x or faster (NOT recommended for use with CDRW drives)
    2 GB minimum hard drive space
    Windows compatible mouse required
    Internet connection for play on ubi.com (56k modem supported but not recommended)

Recommended System Specifications

Windows XP Professional
    1.3 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
    512 Mb RAM
    128 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible 3D video card
    High Speed Internet connection (Cable/DSL)

<font color="red">Q: What video cards have been tested for use with Raven Shield?</font>

A: Supported Video Cards

ATI

Radeon 9700 Pro
    Radeon 9000 Pro
    Radeon 8500LE
    Radeon 8500
    Radeon 7500
    Radeon ViVO
    Radeon
    Radeon VE

Nvidia

GeForce 4 Ti 4600
    GeForce 4 Ti 4400
    GeForce 4 MX 460
    GeForce 4 MX 440
    GeForce 3 Ti500
    GeForce 3
    GeForce 2 GTS
    GeForce 2 MX400
    GeForce 2 MX
    Geforce 256 DDR
    GeForce 256 SDR

Video Cards Tested and Not Supported

Kyro
    Kyro II
    Kyro IISE
    Intel Graphics Controller

<font color="red">Q: In the planning phase of the game, I cannot set waypoints, it just raises or lowers the level of the map. What's the deal?</font>

A: You will need to turn off antialiasing. This issue is currently being researched by the development team.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Multiplayer</font>

<font color="red">Q: I just bought Raven Shield and when I try to play online, I get an 'Invalid CD Key' error when prompted to enter my CD Key. What is going on?</font>

A: The 1.1 patch solves most issues with the cd key authorizatin process. You can find this patch at http://www.raven-shield.com. If you continue to have problems validating your cd key, please follow these troubleshooting tips:

Please make sure that you are entering your CD Key correctly including the dashes.

After the first 3 characters in the CD key, there will not be any 'I', 'O', 'S', or 'Z' alphabetical characters.

The Raven Shield CD authentication is done through an Internet port that is not in the normal ubi.com port range. Any firewall technology between the player and our services must be configured appropriately to allow the validation to work. If you are behind a router or firewall, please make sure that the following ports are open in the firewall/router configuration:

Outgoing: 216.98.52.30 UDP 44000
    216.98.50.30 UDP 44000
    Incoming: UDP 5777, 5778 (default values)

- In a few cases, this port may be blocked by your ISP. If you are not behind a firewall/router, please contact your ISP with this IP and port information to verify whether or not these ports are available to you.

- DSL Users(only) with Windows XP may want to try disabling the DHCP client service.

To do this:
    1. Go to the Control Panel and open 'Administravtive Tools'
    2. Open 'Services'
    3. Right-click on the 'DHCP Client' and select stop 'Stop'

- For all other connection types, we have found that if you adjust your TCP/IP settings to obtain an IP address automatically, instead of entering a specific IP configuration, the problem usually resolves itself. Please make sure that you have your TCP/IP configuration set to 'Obtain IP Address Automatically'.

To do this:
    1. Go to the Control Panel and open the 'Network Connections'
    2. Right-click on your network cards connection icon and choose properties.
    3. Highlight the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP setting) and click properties.
    4. Check the 'Obtain IP Address Automatically' radio button.
    5. Click OK to save the settings.

- Users with Windows XP will want to make sure that the built-in firewall has been disabled through Windows.

To do this:
    3. Click on the 'Advanced' tab and uncheck the 'Internet Connection Firewall' box.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.

Game servers handling more players than their bandwidth allows face the possibility of refusing some players with the error 'Invalid CDKey' because they will not have a good quality communication with the ubi.com server.

- There are some remaining issues with LAN servers trying to connect to the internet. We are currently researching this problem.

<font color="red">Q: When the in-game browser is refreshing games to join, I sometimes get a gpf about an "infinate loop" How can I fix this?</font>

A: If you have installed the 1.1 patch, there is a batch file in your Raven Shield folder that will resolve this problem. You will need to use the RVS_noloop.bat file to start the game. Alternatively, you can follow the directions below:

1. Right click on the Raven Shield icon on your desktop. Then left click on "properties."

2. In this new window, locate the "target" bar and add "-norunaway" after ravenshield.exe . If you have installed the game to the default location the entire bar should now read:

"C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\RavenShield\system\ravenshield.exe" -norunaway

3. Click Apply, then ok.

Also, you can use the filters to lower the number of servers that are shown to eliminate this error message.

<font color="red">Q: What ports are required for joining a game through the Raven Shield in game browser?</font>

A: Raven Shield requires the following ports to be open in your firewall/router:

Raven Shield requires ports: 7777 - 7787 and 8777 - 8787 Incoming UDP

<font color="red">Q: What ports are required for joining a game through the Ubi.com GameService?</font>

A: You will need the above ports open in your router/firewall plus ports 80, 6667, and 40000-42000.

<font color="red">Q: When I try to launch a server, the game drops to the desktop and a DOS type command window opens. What is this and what is going on?</font>

A: This command window is the Raven Shield dedicated server window. By default, the 'Dedicated Server' option is enabled when creating a multiplayer server. To avoid creating a dedicated server, simply uncheck the 'Dedicated Server' box before launching your multiplayer server.

<font size=4>Fin</font>

Ghost Recon FAQ | Splinter Cell FAQ | Raven Shield FAQ
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    <font color="yellow" size=3>Stuff to think about BEFORE posting.</font>

<font color="red">Q: Is the question that I'm about to ask already answered here or in a recent post?</font>

A: Please, please, please, please make sure that you review the FAQ before posting.

<font color="red">Q: Am I going to be able to state my question in a civil manner?</font>

A: Put simply: If you can't be civil, go back to the Counter Strike forums.

<font color="red">Q: What information do I need to include when asking help?</font>

A: We'll need a complete description of the problem, what you have done to try and rectify the problem, and a copy of your dxdiag information.

<font color="red">Q: That's not very helpful, how can I get the dxdiag information?</font>

A: 1. Click start, then run, then type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and press enter.

2. Once the tool loads, click the "save all information" button at the bottom of the window.

3. Save that file somewhere on your hard drive that you can find, then you can open the file in notepad and cut and paste that information into a reply to this post.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Freezing, Crashing, and Performance.</font>

<font color="red">Q: Every time I start Raven Shield, I get a General Protection Fault OR The screen goes black and/or white and the computer locks up.</font>

A: Try these tips:

- If you are playing on Windows XP, disable the Sticky Keys in Windows. To do this click here.

- Please make sure that all of the drivers on your system are up to date and installed correctly. For information about how to do this, read this.

- Make sure that AGP support is enabled in the DirectX Diagnostic tool for AGP video cards.

- Make sure your computer meets the full minimum requirements for this game. The system requirements are located here.

- As a last resort, try lowering the sound acceleration in the dxdiag tool. To do this, follow these directions:

1. Click Start, then Run.
    2. Type: dxdiag and click OK
    3. Click on the "sound" tab.
    4. Move the hardware slider down one notch, then close DXDIAG and try Splinter Cell again.
    5. If the problem persists, keep lowering the slider bar in a trial and error fashion until the problem is fixed.

<font color="red">Q: I'm getting choppy framerates in the game.</font>

A: Please see the question about GPFs and the game crashing. The same troubleshooting steps apply. Also, you may need to turn down the graphics options in the game.

For more performance tweaks, please read this post

<font color="yellow" size=3>Video</font>

<font color="red">Q: I have a Matrox Parhelia, and something seems wrong with the graphics in the game.</font>

A: We are experiencing issues with the Matrox drivers. These issues will be corrected with a driver release.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Install</font>

<font color="red">Q: The Raven Shield install keeps crashing when I insert disk 2.</font>

A: Please make sure that you are not using a CD-RW drive to install the game. CD-RWs are NOT supported for use with Raven Shield.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Sound</font>

<font color="red">Q: I seem to be having problems with my sound in the game. I hear a loud screeching sound after firing my weapon. </font>

A: Within the Raven Shield options, turn audio virtualization to "NO Virtualization". Also turn off (uncheck) 3d Audio and EAX sound. If this alone does not fix this issue, then please do the following.

Click Start, then Run. Type: dxdiag and then click "sound". Move the hardware slider down one notch to Standard Acceleration, then close DXDiag and try Raven Shield again. If this doesn't work, continue to lower the hardware acceleration until you can find a suitable setting.

If you continue to experience sound problems, please ensure you have the most recently updated and DirectX / DirectSound compatible sound card drivers from the sound card manufacturer.

To verify that you have the latest DirectSound drivers available for your sound card, contact the sound card manufacturer. If necessary, obtain and install the latest DirectSound drivers for your sound card. This is usually done by visiting the manufacturer's website, or contacting their technical support for help updating drivers. For more information on obtaining drivers, please search the Ubi Soft Solution Center at http://www.ubisoft.com/support for "update drivers".

Once these drivers have been downloaded and installed, reinstall the version of DirectX that is installed on your system.

To do this, from Windows, click on start then run, and type x:\directx\dxsetup (where x:\ is the letter assigned to your CD-ROM drive with the Ubi Soft Game CD in the drive.) If you have installed a newer version of DirectX than is on the Ubi Soft game CD, then you will need to reinstall DirectX from whichever source you last installed it. The latest version of DirectX can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/DirectX.

As a last resort KungFu_CIA has created a thread about how to disable the DARE audio system in the game. The thread is located here. Any information in this thread is NOT official, and technical support cannot help with this process.

<font color="yellow" size=3>General</font>

<font color="red">Q: Where can I find information about the 1.1 patch?</font>

A: The 1.1 patch is located at http://www.raven-shield.com .

<font color="red">Q:The CD I purchased does contain a CD Key. It seems to be missing. What can I do?</font>

A: Please return your CD, with your original sales receipt to the retail establishment that you purchased it from. Your product is not complete without a valid CD Key.

<font color="red">Q:What are the minimum requirements for Raven Shield?</font>

A: In order to play Raven Shield properly, your system must meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Minimum Requirements

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP ONLY
    800 Mhz Pentium III, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
    128 MB RAM (XP users: 256 MB RAM required)
    32 MB DirectX 8 compatible 3D video card with hardware T&L
    DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    DirectX 8.1 or higher (DX9 included on the disc)
    CDROM 16x or faster (NOT recommended for use with CDRW drives)
    2 GB minimum hard drive space
    Windows compatible mouse required
    Internet connection for play on ubi.com (56k modem supported but not recommended)

Recommended System Specifications

Windows XP Professional
    1.3 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
    512 Mb RAM
    128 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible 3D video card
    High Speed Internet connection (Cable/DSL)

<font color="red">Q: What video cards have been tested for use with Raven Shield?</font>

A: Supported Video Cards

ATI

Radeon 9700 Pro
    Radeon 9000 Pro
    Radeon 8500LE
    Radeon 8500
    Radeon 7500
    Radeon ViVO
    Radeon
    Radeon VE

Nvidia

GeForce 4 Ti 4600
    GeForce 4 Ti 4400
    GeForce 4 MX 460
    GeForce 4 MX 440
    GeForce 3 Ti500
    GeForce 3
    GeForce 2 GTS
    GeForce 2 MX400
    GeForce 2 MX
    Geforce 256 DDR
    GeForce 256 SDR

Video Cards Tested and Not Supported

Kyro
    Kyro II
    Kyro IISE
    Intel Graphics Controller

<font color="red">Q: In the planning phase of the game, I cannot set waypoints, it just raises or lowers the level of the map. What's the deal?</font>

A: You will need to turn off antialiasing. This issue is currently being researched by the development team.

<font color="yellow" size=3>Multiplayer</font>

<font color="red">Q: I just bought Raven Shield and when I try to play online, I get an 'Invalid CD Key' error when prompted to enter my CD Key. What is going on?</font>

A: The 1.1 patch solves most issues with the cd key authorizatin process. You can find this patch at http://www.raven-shield.com. If you continue to have problems validating your cd key, please follow these troubleshooting tips:

Please make sure that you are entering your CD Key correctly including the dashes.

After the first 3 characters in the CD key, there will not be any 'I', 'O', 'S', or 'Z' alphabetical characters.

The Raven Shield CD authentication is done through an Internet port that is not in the normal ubi.com port range. Any firewall technology between the player and our services must be configured appropriately to allow the validation to work. If you are behind a router or firewall, please make sure that the following ports are open in the firewall/router configuration:

Outgoing: 216.98.52.30 UDP 44000
    216.98.50.30 UDP 44000
    Incoming: UDP 5777, 5778 (default values)

- In a few cases, this port may be blocked by your ISP. If you are not behind a firewall/router, please contact your ISP with this IP and port information to verify whether or not these ports are available to you.

- DSL Users(only) with Windows XP may want to try disabling the DHCP client service.

To do this:
    1. Go to the Control Panel and open 'Administravtive Tools'
    2. Open 'Services'
    3. Right-click on the 'DHCP Client' and select stop 'Stop'

- For all other connection types, we have found that if you adjust your TCP/IP settings to obtain an IP address automatically, instead of entering a specific IP configuration, the problem usually resolves itself. Please make sure that you have your TCP/IP configuration set to 'Obtain IP Address Automatically'.

To do this:
    3. Highlight the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP setting) and click properties.
    4. Check the 'Obtain IP Address Automatically' radio button.
    5. Click OK to save the settings.

- Users with Windows XP will want to make sure that the built-in firewall has been disabled through Windows.

To do this:
    3. Click on the 'Advanced' tab and uncheck the 'Internet Connection Firewall' box.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.

Game servers handling more players than their bandwidth allows face the possibility of refusing some players with the error 'Invalid CDKey' because they will not have a good quality communication with the ubi.com server.

- There are some remaining issues with LAN servers trying to connect to the internet. We are currently researching this problem.

<font color="red">Q: When the in-game browser is refreshing games to join, I sometimes get a gpf about an "infinate loop" How can I fix this?</font>

A: If you have installed the 1.1 patch, there is a batch file in your Raven Shield folder that will resolve this problem. You will need to use the RVS_noloop.bat file to start the game. Alternatively, you can follow the directions below:

1. Right click on the Raven Shield icon on your desktop. Then left click on "properties."

2. In this new window, locate the "target" bar and add "-norunaway" after ravenshield.exe . If you have installed the game to the default location the entire bar should now read:

"C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\RavenShield\system\ravenshield.exe" -norunaway

3. Click Apply, then ok.

Also, you can use the filters to lower the number of servers that are shown to eliminate this error message.

<font color="red">Q: What ports are required for joining a game through the Raven Shield in game browser?</font>

A: Raven Shield requires the following ports to be open in your firewall/router:

Raven Shield requires ports: 7777 - 7787 and 8777 - 8787 Incoming UDP

<font color="red">Q: What ports are required for joining a game through the Ubi.com GameService?</font>

A: You will need the above ports open in your router/firewall plus ports 80, 6667, and 40000-42000.

<font color="red">Q: When I try to launch a server, the game drops to the desktop and a DOS type command window opens. What is this and what is going on?</font>

A: This command window is the Raven Shield dedicated server window. By default, the 'Dedicated Server' option is enabled when creating a multiplayer server. To avoid creating a dedicated server, simply uncheck the 'Dedicated Server' box before launching your multiplayer server.

<font size=4>Fin</font>

XyZspineZyX
    "Q:The CD I purchased does contain a CD Key. It seems to be missing. What can I do?"

I think you mean does not

COLINMAN

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

"A fighter pilot is always on the offensive. If there is a MiG on his six, the MiG is in a very good defensive position, while the fighter pilot is in a very poor offensive position"

&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://members.shaw.ca/cinman/avitar-small.jpg'</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor ="#2B3038";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#FFFFFF";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#003366";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#003366";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

XyZspineZyX
    bump

========================================
    ---]>Ravenshield - TEAM WAR<[--
    http://www.rakkasanwarriors.com

XyZspineZyX
    bump

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

"A fighter pilot is always on the offensive. If there is a MiG on his six, the MiG is in a very good defensive position, while the fighter pilot is in a very poor offensive position"

&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://members.shaw.ca/cinman/avitar-small.jpg'</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor ="#2B3038";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#FFFFFF";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#003366";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#003366";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

XyZspineZyX
    I suggest adding the following:

Under "Stuff":

<font color="red">Q: I just posted a question, where did it go?</font>

A: Click on the "<font color="yellow">My Preferences</font>" link next to your username. Check the "<font color="yellow">Linear View</font>" and "<font color="yellow">Move thread with the most recent activity to the top</font>" boxes. Click on "Apply".

Under "Multiplayer":

<font color="red">Q: I am always getting a 1000 ping"</font>

A: If you are running a firewall or router, check that you allow other machines to ping yours. On Linksys routers, this option is known as "Block WAN Request" - set it to "Enable". See your firewall or router documentation for detailed steps. Technical Support cannot help with this process.

It has also been observed that Windows 2000 and Windows XP users need Administrator rights for the correct ping to be displayed using the ingame browser.

Message Edited on 04/22/0308:28PM by thegrommit

XyZspineZyX
    ^^^ excellent. I always forget something =).

Unfortunately, it won't let me edit the original post because of all the html.

added 5/14/03:

<font color="red">Q: Where can I find information about the 1.1 and 1.2 patches?</font>

A: The patches are located at http://www.raven-shield.com .

<font color="red">Q: I have installed the 1.2 patch, but now when I start the game I get an error message that says "Please insert the correct cd-rom..."</font>

A: If you are using a no-cd crack, you will need to to a clean install of the game. If you have any type of virtual cd-rom software (120% alcohol, daemon tools, ect) installed, you will need to disable or remove them from your system.

Message Edited on 05/14/0312:13PM by JJ_from_support

XyZspineZyX
    Thanks for putting this out....

Anyway to put a permanent link to it on the page that displays the techsupport forum? If you can list who the mods are, surely you can put a link in up there at the top also?

XOXO

XyZspineZyX
    JJ_from_support wrote:

- <font color="red">Q: Every time I start Raven
    - Shield, I get a General Protection Fault OR
    - The screen goes black and/or white and the computer
    - locks up.</font>
    -
    - A: Try these tips:
    -
    -- If you are playing on Windows XP, disable the Sticky Keys in Windows. To do this click here.
    -
    -- Please make sure that all of the drivers on your system are up to date and installed correctly. For information about how to do this, read this.
    -
    -- Make sure that AGP support is enabled in the DirectX Diagnostic tool for AGP video cards.
    -
    -- Make sure your computer meets the full minimum requirements for this game. The system requirements are located here.
    -
    -- As a last resort, try lowering the sound acceleration in the dxdiag tool. To do this, follow these directions:
    -
    - 1. Click Start, then Run.
    - 2. Type: dxdiag and click OK
    - 3. Click on the "sound" tab.
    - 4. Move the hardware slider down one notch, then
    - close DXDIAG and try <font color="yellow"><u>Splinter Cell</u></font> again.

Playing Splinter Cell is definately one way not to get errors with Raven-Shield

===============================

I love it when a plan comes together.

Message Edited on 04/23/0304:36PM by ANGST

XyZspineZyX
    how about this.

If your computer is older then 6 monthes u can't play. If it is newer then that, and you are still having problems, sorry you are screwed because of poor QA and great marketing. If your problem has to do with the UBI cilent we sujest you shoot yourself in the face with a real gun now.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast