Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Swing Baseball | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Big Swing Baseball

I don't understand what the hit results are trying to tell me.
    I would expect a 1st base side hit would be a late note and a 3rd base side an early swing.
    Whats the difference between a bunt, a double, and a triple?
    Why are not all homers over the center field fence?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by metaleg View Post
    I would expect a 1st base side hit would be a late note and a 3rd base side an early swing.
    If you ever find out please let us know, I find it mystifying myself...
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

I'm really bad at Big Swing Baseball. The only one I'm worse at, is the Harmonically Challenged. As for the Baseball game, the only thing I've been able to figure out is what is what constitutes a single, double, or triple. I'm sure we'd all like to know, but I doubt knowing would make me play it any more than I do now. lol

Phalaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalaris99504 View Post
    I'm really bad at Big Swing Baseball. The only one I'm worse at, is the Harmonically Challenged. As for the Baseball game, the only thing I've been able to figure out is what is what constitutes a single, double, or triple. I'm sure we'd all like to know, but I doubt knowing would make me play it any more than I do now. lol

Phalaris.
    Harmonically Challenged isn't as hard as you might think if you light tap to make the sound and mute the string right after go to the next and ring it and mute. So ring, mute, ring, mute, ring mute, right mute. You don't even have to remember that many notes in a row either all you have to do is write them down as they show them too you. Level 13 you need to pass to do it. I write 1 through 6 for strings and then play. For example 1,3,5,2,1,4,1,6,3,4,3, and the bomb clock will run but will not set to explode until you tap the first note. I just finished this Challenged yesterday and saw someone posted this online and I finished it in like 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickhenry1 View Post
    Harmonically Challenged isn't as hard as you might think if you light tap to make the sound and mute the string right after go to the next and ring it and mute. So ring, mute, ring, mute, ring mute, right mute. You don't even have to remember that many notes in a row either all you have to do is write them down as they show them too you. Level 13 you need to pass to do it. I write 1 through 6 for strings and then play. For example 1,3,5,2,1,4,1,6,3,4,3, and the bomb clock will run but will not set to explode until you tap the first note. I just finished this Challenged yesterday and saw someone posted this online and I finished it in like 15 minutes.
    Try being color blind and play it and then come back and talk to me. It's literally impossible to play if you are color blind.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickhenry1 View Post
    Wow, awesome tips. I have been dreading going for this trophy. Now I am guessing I will be able to get it in one go. Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by metaleg View Post
    I must have played Big Swing 100 times before I finally got the achievement. Like you though, I never could figure out why I hit singles, doubles, etc. It seemed completely random.

The biggest key I found is consecutive hits. The score keeps increasing with each consecutive hit, but goes back down if you miss. I kept getting singles & doubles like crazy til I had 600K and the bases loaded. Hit a grand slam worth 1.5M, got the achievement and haven't played the stupid game since.

Ok, here's how it works.

From a timing perspective...
    Early < single < double < tripple < home run < late

From a strategy perspective you build up the amount each of these is worth by the way TroutBurn says. So hit relatively early to stack the bases, then hit late (but not too late) to get a home run.

**** I hate big swing.

Just got the Harmonic Challenge trophy. Didn't take me long at all once I started muting strings after hitting them.

As I am, for a limited time, the eminent authority on Big Swing Baseball , I'd say, that if you're trying for the top, you should concentrate on not making mistakes first. Every miss resets your multiplier. And that initital multiplier increases very slowly. Although it looks like you should be bending, it is better to hit the target note exactly or fuzz it with some sliding.
    Last edited by RocqueFloyd; 03-31-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Not any longer on PSN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast