Thread: Some advice for forum users | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Some advice for forum users

I'm making this thread because I see this way too often: people over-doing suggestions. Every day, I see posts on here where people just complain about how they won't buy the game if it doesn't have this, or "you guys should do this because I want it", or "omg guys predator mode this, predator mode that".
    The amount of complaints about predator mode is too dang high. I realize it was fun and I loved it too, but this is not the same game. All it does is share the name. They've said it over and over that this game is one of realism and the ficticious creatures and powers of the first game are not returning. So please, I understand it was fun, but unless they come out and say its in the game, then please stop posting new threads about how much you want it..
    And one last thing, as a gamer you have to understand the workings of a game developer. They don't just not include stuff because they don't like their crowd or because they didn't feel like it. Developers only have so much time and money to build a game. They can't include every single little thing that people want. They have to draw the line somewhere. Also, people always post on here about all these features they want in the game. You also have to realize that these consoles are over 6 years old. They're limited in what they can do. The memory they have for running the game is limited, so the developers can only do so much. I remember when the CGI trailer came out, and all these people thought that was the games real graphics. It made me want to face-palm. Need I continue? I hope not...

My point is not to sit here and rant. My point is that people will hopefully understand what I'm getting at and stop will the posting of pointless threads. Once we get past that, I think we can become a much better forums community.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Are you glad you got that of your chest ? But in all seriousness if it doesn't have george w bush as the power hungry mad man tied in to the story im not buying it !!

Well...I'm glad we got that cleared up.
    GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt

I can already see this thread derailing into a console vs PC thread, just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_Spidey View Post
    I can already see this thread derailing into a console vs PC thread, just watch.
    I agree and as usual... an impossible comparison ...
    FarCry FarCry2 | never forget, n0r erase the past : there would be n0 future | FarCry3
    FarCry
    : GamePlay perfect - 80% playable | Multiplay worthless - 100% unplayable
    FarCry3: Ubisoft Massive Insane LAG
    .GOD save the mp, and DELIVER US from lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass-and-Drums View Post
    I'm making this thread because I see this way too often: people over-doing suggestions. Every day, I see posts on here where people just complain about how they won't buy the game if it doesn't have this, or "you guys should do this because I want it", or "omg guys predator mode this, predator mode that".
    The amount of complaints about predator mode is too dang high. I realize it was fun and I loved it too, but this is not the same game. All it does is share the name. They've said it over and over that this game is one of realism and the ficticious creatures and powers of the first game are not returning. So please, I understand it was fun, but unless they come out and say its in the game, then please stop posting new threads about how much you want it..
    And one last thing, as a gamer you have to understand the workings of a game developer. They don't just not include stuff because they don't like their crowd or because they didn't feel like it. Developers only have so much time and money to build a game. They can't include every single little thing that people want. They have to draw the line somewhere. Also, people always post on here about all these features they want in the game. You also have to realize that these consoles are over 6 years old. They're limited in what they can do. The memory they have for running the game is limited, so the developers can only do so much. I remember when the CGI trailer came out, and all these people thought that was the games real graphics. It made me want to face-palm. Need I continue? I hope not...

My point is not to sit here and rant. My point is that people will hopefully understand what I'm getting at and stop will the posting of pointless threads. Once we get past that, I think we can become a much better forums community.
    +

Well there is only so much you can chat about on a game this far out.

Suggestions, rants, and fanciful conspiracy theories are about it.

The board is already dead enough as it is. I have never seen an AAA title this dead even this far out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass-and-Drums View Post
    Seriously.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.