Thread: UBISOFT!,It's time for a new Tenchu game...one that wil knock assassins to 2'nd place | Forums

UBISOFT!,It's time for a new Tenchu game...one that wil be hughe

I mean check out assassins creed...it's a Tenchu game upgradet to perfection..but it's not ninja!..how many games are there, were you can roam free as a ninja, but without the cartoonish bullcrap or the stupid sounds they make when they run, or wave there sword or whatever...it's all childish,not realistic and bad graphics, but certainly not much time put in..Think about it, If Ubisoft is smart they should go grazy on a new Tenchu title..make it realistic to a certain degree....i mean offcourse no one can get up a building using a grapling hook, but i mean let the character move life like, let him do some sick climbing and fighting moves and use the stealth that makes splintercell so much fun to play..use the beautiful landscapes of Japan, with the old city's, and forests...make the game completely as it was back then and keep the story's/ fighting and language Japanese. make the AI smart as hell and not look like freaking id!ots or walking zombies, but like the old samurai warriors of that time/emperor's gaurds/ and forest mercenary ninja's etc.....make the game co-operative and do stuff like letting one player lure the enemy appart with wistling sounds, so the other one can move for the kill or what not...use the tag em and bag em mechanism of splintercell for (co-operative) take downs..i can go on and on..Just saying that Ubisoft has all the perfect ingredients to make this the first ninja title, that wil be another new best selling game..they own the tenchu game and assassins engine and sc stealth knowledge and Narutos fighting, to make a serious and mature ninja free roaming ninja game that wil be a succes.
    Last edited by Bassie52; 04-02-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i read some reviews of former console tenchu games and apart from ubisofts wii game, they all say the same, as what i'm saying.." the formula is perfect, but it get's boring after a while and the AI and graphincs are crap!." they couldn't, or warn't smart enough to give this title the attention it deserves..it's not taken serious and the games are immature..

I totally agree with Bassie52. A NEW, STEALTH, CO-OP NINJA game is totally needed!!!

I work as a developer, am a ninja practitioner in my free time, a full time game artist, and have been a huge fan of UBISOFT's stealth mechanics in the Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games ever since they were created. Co-op stealth game play is unparalleled in the sequences of bonus missions in the Splinter Cell series and can be found in smaller amounts in other various games including the last Tenchu game for xbox 360. There have been plenty of action ninja games, but since Tenchu and segments in Metal Gear, there have not been any major "Ninja Stealth" games other than the "Mask of the Ninja" for the xbox marketplace.

I am incredibly excited for a new ninja based stealth game to appear from somewhere that would have amazing graphics, a sense of realism, and have actual REASON to use items for distraction and co-op play. In Tenchu I felt you never really needed to use the items and were always secondary to the experience other than to casually distract a guard that I could usually run a different direction to avoid anyways. I could easily imagine creating a difficult world where you could play like Hitman and dress in the clothes of those you've "killed" or create diversions for other players or have infiltration events such as entering a castle as samurai troops are returning from a battle. Many stories tell of people that start off as samurai warriors that become ninja's after their lords have been killed. There's so much information here that could be used for a great ninja game, but hasn't been.

Splinter Cell had amazing co-op mechanics to lift your friends up to high places and could split up for various game player types. Even co-op kills would be great like Bassie52 mentioned. I think this is a much needed type of game these days where so many military types are flooding the market. Hitman, Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed, Thief, Tenchu, and Metal Gear all went in different directions, but a SOLID updated ninja game is not in the works anywhere. I would strongly urge UBISOFT to consider such a game because I think ALOT of people are ready and wanting it. And if the market is there, why not cater to it?

Exclamation

2 years later i still believe Ubisoft should consider making a tenchu co-op ninja game.
    with the next-gen consoles to work with, they can create better AI and surroundings for co-op and sandbox maps.
    You are the perfect developer for creating the FIRST ever serious ninja game, instead of the "childish" Asian ones we had before.
    Perfect stealth/ awesome fighting/ a lot of co-operative seamless gameplay/ great storylines.
    WAKE UP!

Yep. Definitely need a tenchu game.

Blacklist is a beautiful example of what coop stealth campaign is capable of. We need tenchu though, not Assassins Creed.