Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative Communications Pricing..... | Forums

Creative Communications Pricing.....

So, speaking with a friend the other day she was livid to note their Cable TV-Internet-Phone bill had raised once again more then 25% for no rhyme or reason....Naturally, no one would speak with her about services as though a new subscriber, yet once she had enough of the side stepping finally came out with it and gave her address as they wanted to speak about "her bill".......NOT cost of services.

Long story short, they dropped the price without hesitation back to the old price, and that got her thinking....So with that she began calling friends. This one had this price, that one another, each with exactly the same services and some even next door to one another and none of it having to do with their so-called "special promotions". Putting 1+1 together, rather quickly it became obvious that a few aspects affected pricing. 1. Location or more specifically the average home value in that area. 2. Length of service having nothing to do with promotions once again. 3. Previous billing amounts and more so how much over the years each individual had complained.....In the end it working out like this.

A. Higher property values = higher pricing
    B. Longer the service (better customer) = higher pricing
    C. Billing had continuously escalating pricing, those that *****ed having lower pricing then those that did not, sometimes dramatically.

So with all of that taken into account, and knowing each others bills, soon they began calling first this one dropping her price, then the next using the first as an example, then the next, round and round taking it as low as they could. Finally, they discovered that one of the gals mothers had never had cable-internet-or phone past good old Bell/AT&T. So, calling from her phone and giving her address they asked for pricing using her name, then insisted on a final non-promotion cost as though wanting to be sure of what her costs would be in the future.......The cost was shockingly lower then any of the others.

In the end it really boiled down to "how much could the cable company get for the services irregardless of what the pricing was". Anything they could charge over and above that minimal price that the customer would tolerate they would, and it varied from town>neighborhood>house>house...Your next door neighbor possibly having a 50% lower price "just-a-cuz".

Point being.....Beat up your communications provider often. You can't change service companies as for all intents and purposes it IS a monopoly from area to area. But you may be able to ease that pinch considerably.

K2

-
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks for the tip.

"Billing had continuously escalating pricing, those that *****ed having lower pricing then those that did not, sometimes dramatically."

What has the robo-censor done here? Could you find a way to inform us what the key word is in this sentence? It seems important.

I certainly agree with your findings - we have a similar situation here in the UK. I've found that asking for a MAC always provokes a better deal when applied.

I can guarantee that someone will phone direct and ask why I want to leave the ISP, and then offer a better deal than I had before

Given that scenario the best deal would be arrived at by disconnecting every 12 months and reconnecting in a new name.

Er, yes - I must admit that has me stumped too. Nothing I can think of that the ubi-censor might object to seems to make sense.

Anyway, back on subject, it is definitely the same in the UK - with the added fun of discovering that they have somehow changed your supplier to another one, on the basis of a contract you haven't signed, and indeed had never heard of, and wouldn't have signed if you had. Or getting billed twice for the same service from two different suppliers. Or having your phone cut off entirely because they now think you don't have a contract with anyone. And usually, at the bottom of it, is BT, a formerly-state-owned company that manages to make Ceauşescu's Romania look like a model of bureaucratic efficiency in comparison. Oh, the joys of a free-market economy, where everyone tries to sell you the same thing, with the same infrastructure (which you have no choice but to use), and 'competes' by telling potential customers that they are the cheapest, while actually making darned sure that they aren't (if they were, their shareholders would be complaining loudly). Still, the road to privatisation continues - literally, the government is now talking about privatising the roads...

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by x6BL_Brando View Post
    "Billing had continuously escalating pricing, those that *****ed having lower pricing then those that did not, sometimes dramatically."

What has the robo-censor done here? Could you find a way to inform us what the key word is in this sentence? It seems important.
    Okay........what am I, or at least what do many here in heated debates no doubt call me? Okay, now remove the adverb normally used as a prefix (fookin), which leaves you with the word Bi*ch. Then add "ed" whether you think I cause that or not irrelevant, and you then have the word.

K2

-

Ah! the female domestic canine! That makes sense... Yes, she-dogging (ooo-err, that sounds rude too ) can sometimes be an effective technique in such situations.

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

An effective alternative too, once you've spent half a day harassing your ISP

And on top of all that, in Australia they like to make the pricing structure as complicated as possible so that it's really hard to estimate what your total costs might be and almost impossible to compare offers on an "apples to apples" basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tully__ View Post
    And on top of all that, in Australia they like to make the pricing structure as complicated as possible so that it's really hard to estimate what your total costs might be and almost impossible to compare offers on an "apples to apples" basis.
    That's the whole point, Tully. The only real 'competition' in a situation when everyone is trying to sell you the same thing is between those who can make the most misleading claims. There is only one 'apple' - and anyone who was honest about how much it cost would go out of business - because the entire business strategy revolves around convincing customers that your apples are cheaper, while assuring your shareholders that they aren't...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast