Thread: I-15bis front window | Forums

I-15bis front window

First of all , I have no right to complain or even comment since it's been a long time since posting. Lost password, no new one sent despite an attempt to get a new one, but I too was surprised by the cartoon logo on top, but I like it that you can read the first sentence of a post. Which is why I should get to the point: can someone explain how to use the iron sights on either side of the bomb sight? Were they for leading a target in a tight turn? I've been doing Spanish Civil War one on one with potential opposing aircraft, and find all that stuff in front makes it hard to line up a target. Aiming through any bomb sight is not easy, but this one being a biplane is even tougher. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

To use the left sight, look out the left side of the ****pit while pressing Shift-F1. To use the right sight look right while pressing Shift-F1. It doesn't seem to matter whether you're using mouse view, pan view, or snap view as long as you're not looking straight ahead when selecting gunsight view (Shift-F1). I don't have TrackIR so cant test, but I'd assume it works the same way with that.

That function may no longer be available since 4.11 (have to check, not sure). However, 4.11 introduces 6DoF with track IR and mouse, so you can easily line up with the iron sights with a bit of click and drag.

I don't know why there are two in the i-15. I imagine they were optional anyway.

To use the ironsights in 4.11, you need to set keys in the controls menu to lean to the left or right and centre view.