View Poll Results: What's your take on drop D songs? Inquiring minds...

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer songs in drop D.

3 3.23%
  • Either way is fine with me, I just retune and go.

77 82.80%
  • I avoid songs in drop D.

13 13.98%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Do you avoid drop D? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I'm also one of the guys who avoid drop D,and also like some mainly because of the fact that my guitar has a "floating bridge".

But getting a secondary fixed bridge guitar,that will stay at drop D or any other lower tunings that may come in the future will be easy and wont need to be like my primary guitar..

Top-of-the-line expensive.. xD
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by H0ttlixx86 View Post
    I'm also one of the guys who avoid drop D,and also like some mainly because of the fact that my guitar has a "floating bridge".

But getting a secondary fixed bridge guitar,that will stay at drop D or any other lower tunings that may come in the future will be easy and wont need to be like my primary guitar..

Top-of-the-line expensive.. xD
    Same deal here. My only electric has a floyd rose. I avoided any other tunings for awhile.

I highly recommend the TREMOL-NO. You can basically turn your tremolo from full float to a fixed bridge hand-turning a few screws. Most of the time it is an easy install, but a few bridges will need more adjustments. It's about $50 on musicians friend. It's worth it for other tunings. It also adds sustain and keeps other strings in tune during bends. Definitely cheaper than another guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by etter157 View Post
    Same deal here. My only electric has a floyd rose. I avoided any other tunings for awhile.

I highly recommend the TREMOL-NO. You can basically turn your tremolo from full float to a fixed bridge hand-turning a few screws. Most of the time it is an easy install, but a few bridges will need more adjustments. It's about $50 on musicians friend. It's worth it for other tunings. It also adds sustain and keeps other strings in tune during bends. Definitely cheaper than another guitar.
    Woah-ho,thanks man i will certainly look into this.. ;D

Banned
    Dependent on which guitar I play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon7M View Post
    Please vote your opinion on drop D tuning.
    I have been playing Drop D tuning since about 1990. I can just about turn the tuner straight from E to D and back to E usually dead on every time. Changing one string is not really a bother to me anymore.

Now if Rocksmith wanted to start using Open G, or D tunings I might be a little put off. But never know I have been thinking about trying to play Slide guitar after they released Jessica.

I love Drop D! I can't imagine ever trying to avoid it, but hey, if we were all the same there'd only be one song, right?
    That being said, I'd be REALLY happy if they put out Eb as a tuning option, and/or Drop Db...

I use to avoid drop D songs like the plague. The only guitar I had was one with a Floyd rose.
    Finally installed a treml-no and a d-tuna. Now it's about 1/10 of a sec to switch between the 2 tunings.

Even though some of my favourite songs in the game are in drop D (Unnatural Selection, Gold on the Ceilling), I acutally avoid tuning my guitar in drop D. It's because it's a BC Rich Warlock and it has a Floyd Rose. It's really hard to get the good tuning sometimes. I'd rather let my guitar tuned as it is and don't waste to much time tuning it just to do like one or two performances.

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA rockabillybaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Het View Post
    Even though some of my favourite songs in the game are in drop D (Unnatural Selection, Gold on the Ceilling), I acutally avoid tuning my guitar in drop D. It's because it's a BC Rich Warlock and it has a Floyd Rose. It's really hard to get the good tuning sometimes. I'd rather let my guitar tuned as it is and don't waste to much time tuning it just to do like one or two performances.
    Yea it's such a pain in the arse and so fickle that you don't want to mess with it once you hit the perfect sound.

Why would I? It's not that difficult to retune a guitar...takes all of a minute or two.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast