Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: guns jamming and degrading in Farcry 3? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Aw man, I enjoyed the degrading and weapon jamming in FC2 despite it irritating the hell out of me. It added realism.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Far_Cry2_Fan View Post
    OmfgLAAGGG:
    So basically you don't care about good graphics, believable scenery, Newtonian-correct physics? Then why all the fuss about waiting on FC3? Couldn't you get your gaming fix from Tetris or Solitare?

Yes, that was sarcastic, but I don't understand how you can want all the eye candy but to have the realism dialed back. OK, no malaria (had to stop spraying blood to take care of yourself?) no driving or bus transportation (autoteleport to the next cutscene so you can continue spraying blood?), no weapon aging (because guns are made of unobtanium nowadays and can't fail ever?)???

Yes, more sacrcasm, but help me out here, how do you define good gameplay personally? I'm asking this because as games progressed its the more realism that the programming offered that made the games worthy of consideration. At the time, the original IDSoftware Wolfenstein was truely inspiring. As I played it, I'd allow myself to think how great this will be in a few years with near photo-quality graphics, less reliance on kid game stuff (remember rubbing your face on every wall looking for a secret chamber and those really important gold chalices?)???

The purpose of the question is to determine what future games might want to adopt with regard to difficulty settings. What would they call your favorite mode; describe it.

Me? I tend to immerse myself in a game, dim the lights, let the game control the atmosphere of the room. My sound system is 7.1, 110W per channel and the side speakers that flank me 2.5ft away on each side are full sized Cerwin Vegas with 12 inch woofer, 4.5 midrange, and a beryllium dome tweeter. Unless it's late at night, when you pop off the AS50 in FC2, people walking by on the street can tell somebody just cooked off a big round! As you walk around a corner and an enemy says 'huh?" when you take them by surprize? Wouldn't surprize me if people of a weaker constitution would wet themselves!.

And along with the graphics, the sound, the story line, I expect at least a passing defference to what it means to be human. That's why I accepted "malaria" as a useful adjunct to character maintenence. Instead of having to sleep, drink, and eat, the designers tossed that in to let you know you still had needs. Eating has been overdone so people won't like the return of trays of hot food to restore your energy, but it sure would be nice if the games (all of them) would adopt some means of character maintenence. People die in 3 days without water. You will not be sharp and ready for precision action and violent manual take-downs after having been awake for the 36 hours you've got in the game so far. They came aweful close in FC2, but sleep wasn't mandated, yet provided as a tool you can use in planning a mission.

I know my quest for realism is probably much higher than most, so I think there is value in people spilling what their ideal gameplay amounts to, it can only help make better games, and hopefully that's why we're posting here. In FC2, the advanced settings followed a too predictable model. Not only could you be killed in one shot, but the enemy AI went off the charts. The reality is, AI should always follow the physics model (no, enemies cannot put a burst of rounds into your skull with an AK from 700 yds when you pop one of then with an AS50 from behind a rock and duck after the shot), so if we tell the designers what out expectations are, the advanced settings could follow a more realistic model.

Stated altenatively, if they dumb down the reality factor as "mainstream" and the only advanced modes are to get drilled by an AK at 700yds while you are working with a scoped AS50, that kills it for me. The difficulty levels should be adjustable so the both of us are happy.

I have a friend that got the original Far Cry, loved the graphics of course, but got bored after completing it in just a few hours. Huh? Few hours? He got the cheat codes on day one and played the game in its entirety in god mode with full ammo and weapons. That right there is why I want the reality. I want the feeling that if I don't do it darn near perfectly, I'm going to suffer the embarassment of a "buddy rescue" at a minimum, and starting over at the last save at worst.

I want reality right up to a fine edge where it interferes with MY interpretation of game play. Clearly that's significantly higher that yours, so there might be some value for you to define where your line is drawn.

DAS
    Well said - why some people want their hand held with things made scripted and easy is beyond me. There are too many games that allow you to fight fantasy creatures with super powers - why they want one more is further beyond me.

When I play, the music is turned off, and I just let the game SFX help me immerse.
    All in a days work.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martythemerc View Post
    ...When I play, the music is turned off, and I just let the game SFX help me immerse...
    I recently bought a creative titanium hd and beyerdynamic mmx 300. Can't wait to merge within the game

i hope that they dont have that, its more realistic, but it just gets simply annoying having to get new guns all the time to make sure that yur gun doesnt jam and stuff, and it would be awsome if yu could pick up the enemies weapon, with out saying, " eh, its probably gonna get jammed or blowup any second".

but, yah it IS more realistic, just saying, at times it gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Martythemerc View Post
    When I play, the music is turned off, and I just let the game SFX help me immerse.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Far_Cry2_Fan View Post
    OmfgLAAGGG:
    So basically you don't care about good graphics, believable scenery, Newtonian-correct physics? Then why all the fuss about waiting on FC3? Couldn't you get your gaming fix from Tetris or Solitare?

Yes, that was sarcastic, but I don't understand how you can want all the eye candy but to have the realism dialed back. OK, no malaria (had to stop spraying blood to take care of yourself?) no driving or bus transportation (autoteleport to the next cutscene so you can continue spraying blood?), no weapon aging (because guns are made of unobtanium nowadays and can't fail ever?)???

Yes, more sacrcasm, but help me out here, how do you define good gameplay personally? I'm asking this because as games progressed its the more realism that the programming offered that made the games worthy of consideration. At the time, the original IDSoftware Wolfenstein was truely inspiring. As I played it, I'd allow myself to think how great this will be in a few years with near photo-quality graphics, less reliance on kid game stuff (remember rubbing your face on every wall looking for a secret chamber and those really important gold chalices?)???

The purpose of the question is to determine what future games might want to adopt with regard to difficulty settings. What would they call your favorite mode; describe it.

Me? I tend to immerse myself in a game, dim the lights, let the game control the atmosphere of the room. My sound system is 7.1, 110W per channel and the side speakers that flank me 2.5ft away on each side are full sized Cerwin Vegas with 12 inch woofer, 4.5 midrange, and a beryllium dome tweeter. Unless it's late at night, when you pop off the AS50 in FC2, people walking by on the street can tell somebody just cooked off a big round! As you walk around a corner and an enemy says 'huh?" when you take them by surprize? Wouldn't surprize me if people of a weaker constitution would wet themselves!.

And along with the graphics, the sound, the story line, I expect at least a passing defference to what it means to be human. That's why I accepted "malaria" as a useful adjunct to character maintenence. Instead of having to sleep, drink, and eat, the designers tossed that in to let you know you still had needs. Eating has been overdone so people won't like the return of trays of hot food to restore your energy, but it sure would be nice if the games (all of them) would adopt some means of character maintenence. People die in 3 days without water. You will not be sharp and ready for precision action and violent manual take-downs after having been awake for the 36 hours you've got in the game so far. They came aweful close in FC2, but sleep wasn't mandated, yet provided as a tool you can use in planning a mission.

I know my quest for realism is probably much higher than most, so I think there is value in people spilling what their ideal gameplay amounts to, it can only help make better games, and hopefully that's why we're posting here. In FC2, the advanced settings followed a too predictable model. Not only could you be killed in one shot, but the enemy AI went off the charts. The reality is, AI should always follow the physics model (no, enemies cannot put a burst of rounds into your skull with an AK from 700 yds when you pop one of then with an AS50 from behind a rock and duck after the shot), so if we tell the designers what out expectations are, the advanced settings could follow a more realistic model.

Stated altenatively, if they dumb down the reality factor as "mainstream" and the only advanced modes are to get drilled by an AK at 700yds while you are working with a scoped AS50, that kills it for me. The difficulty levels should be adjustable so the both of us are happy.

I have a friend that got the original Far Cry, loved the graphics of course, but got bored after completing it in just a few hours. Huh? Few hours? He got the cheat codes on day one and played the game in its entirety in god mode with full ammo and weapons. That right there is why I want the reality. I want the feeling that if I don't do it darn near perfectly, I'm going to suffer the embarassment of a "buddy rescue" at a minimum, and starting over at the last save at worst.

I want reality right up to a fine edge where it interferes with MY interpretation of game play. Clearly that's significantly higher that yours, so there might be some value for you to define where your line is drawn.

DAS
    how cute you would write a whole page for me

how about you stop trying to call me out on this and be a nice person

grow some balls.
    Youtube - Kaelon Drae
    FaceBook - Kaelon Drae
    Soundcloud - Kaelon Drae
    XBox Live - Omfg LAAGGG

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Lets not get offensive now.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperHayden View Post
    Lets not get offensive now.
    tell them bro, not me. i was the one getting offended.. they make a forum so that we can all get our honest opinions out. and now people are getting mad at me for that...

dafuq
    Youtube - Kaelon Drae
    FaceBook - Kaelon Drae
    Soundcloud - Kaelon Drae
    XBox Live - Omfg LAAGGG

The problem with weapons degrading and jamming was the fact that it never happened to your opponents

I take a while to get to someone, they have been firing at me with an AK for like 9 minutes. The moment i pick it up it falls apart in 2 shots?

Unrealistic.

If they could have made it so that it broke for everyone less people would have hated the system.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast