Thread: Complex engine management | Forums

Complex engine management

If i turn off the complex engine management setting the the in game difficulty settings, does that mean I don't have to worry about the super chargers or the prop pitch and things like that? Does it control all of those for me? I am new to this game and planes in general. Thanks for your help.

Also, to run the game on "perfect settings" do I use Open GL or Direct x?
    Last edited by Bongo0310; 03-29-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Assuming IL2:1946:
    Turning off complex engine management will result in the AI controlling mixture and supercharger, I'm not sure on prop pitch but it's easy enough to test.
    You need OpenGL for perfect settings, plus a couple of other settings: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/511488-perfect
    Last edited by Tully__; 04-01-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Thank you! everything worked. Do you recommend the il2 dynamic campaign generator? What does it do that the in game generator doesn't already??

I've never used it, most of my flying was done online, however I believe it provides better control over mission distance and gives more realistic ground traffic and airfield layouts. The in game generator was designed to provide a dynamic campaign without putting so much in each mission that it would adversely affect game performance, while the 3rd party generator goes more for the hard core simmer who will have a machine that can handle more objects in missions.