Thread: AC2 DRM - Retail vs Steam | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

AC2 DRM - Retail vs Steam

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing Assassin's Creed 2, but I'm aware that at launch it had an 'always online' DRM component. Is this DRM still present in either the retail or Steam versions? My internet connection isn't the best and I'd rather not buy something which I later can't use.

I ask about the differences between the retail and Steam versions because the retail version is about a 3rd of the price of the Steam version. I know AC2 on Steam is the deluxe edition but I'm not interested in 3 pointless maps for an extra 66% in cost. Unless of course someone here can tell me me why it may be worth it.

Many thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

AC2 now has an offline mode and it only took them a couple of years

I have a retail version though so can't speak for Steam I think it's the same as the launcher update itself and I actually found out about the offline mode on Steams forums.

Thanks.

Yeah, I think that both the retail and steam versions are basically the same and will use the same Ubisoft launcher.

The only recent Ubisoft game I have is From Dust and that has a launcher with an offline mode ****on.