Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got A New Dog: Wish Me Luck | Forums

Hybrid View

Got A New Dog: Wish Me Luck

I think I'm going to need all the luck I can get. If having one bruiser of a dog wasn't enough, I went out and bought a new pup this afternoon. A male, German Shepherd, (Blk & Tan) short-haired, that I named Wolfgang in honor of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He's certainly going to be a handful, but he's a gorgeous specimen of the breed. My wife wanted to visit a pet store today, just for kicks. It was there that I first saw, and fell in love with this dog. Not like your usual pet store, this one caters to dogs only. Each puppy is in an individual baby crib and there's no touching allowed. The cribs line two sides of the store and all have a name tag, similar to what you'd find on a crib at your hospital's maternity ward. The name tags have the puppy's date of birth, breed and gender written on them. It's really a unique set-up. The first thing I noticed when I walked in, aside from my new companion, is that the place was spotless. No smells or other indicators associated with the usual pet store line-up. We live in a small, brick, cape and for those of you familiar with that particular house model, to say it's "modest" would be a bit of an understatement.

I'm not sure how we're going to manage, nevertheless I'm confident we will. Right now, he's just a baby at 2mos. old, but he'll be bigger than my other dog before long. Anyway, my wife and I are excited, and scratching our heads at the same time. Personally, I think we're both nuts. After leaving the store empty handed the first time, I went back and purchased the dog a couple of hours later. As soon as I walked into my home with him, I sternly told my wife never to suggest a visit to a pet store, ever again!
    Last edited by WernherVonTrapp; 03-28-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Grammatical
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Good luck Wern. I got a dog as well. Husky collie mix so he loves the outside

"Just because we sank one of em doesn't mean the wars over, keep hunting"

Nice find Wern. Sounds like he'll be beautiful dog. I always liked German Shepards. They're good dogs. My brother had two. Anyway, good luck and have fun training.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

Great news Wern

Photos !

"That one over there" - Oswald Boelcke pointing at Manfred von Richthofen after having been asked who of the rookies shows most of whats required to become a great fighter pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeon999 View Post
    Great news Wern

Photos !
    But, of course!

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

Wern, I wish you and your new buddy all the best. I still miss my old Dachsund, so I haven't even considered looking for another dog.
    "Any society that will give up freedom to gain security...will gain neither and lose both."

Cute! But give him a couple months.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

I guess you didn't learn your lesson.....when he gets big, this one take your whole hand

Good luck, lefty............roflmao

Good luck with him. He's got huge feet. Gonna be a big one. IF I was to ever get another dog, it would be a Shepard.

Oh ! cutie cutie cutie

Those cute long ears shepard puppys have

"That one over there" - Oswald Boelcke pointing at Manfred von Richthofen after having been asked who of the rookies shows most of whats required to become a great fighter pilot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast