Thread: I am glad to be back, now i have some questions. (Knife fight Tactics) | Forums

I lost my Ubi sign in but i just remembered my login name! w00t!

But now i have some questions.

I stopped playing Lock-on for like 2 months. Now i'm HEAVY into it again.
    I don't know if i'm rusty or what but i've set up some knife fights (me against computer @ excellent) and i get smoked every time.

Are there any tactics you guys could share with me to get that bogey of of my six?!?!?!
    The best one i have so far is when he's on my six @ about 2000 feet I go to Hard Deck with full A/B and use that speed to get to about 12000ft apply air brake and pull hard to try to get my nose on him. this tactic BLOWS (obviously because i loose airspeed like crazy,) but sometimes i can get a missle off.

I just remember Falcone 2.0(I think) with the "art of the kill" videos. Man i can't find those now but they had an airforce Capt. demontrating offensive/defensive tactics with little planes on sticks, it ruled... i was only 10 when i had that game tho so i just watched them passivly, i can't remember any of the actual tactics though. anyone know any!?!?!?!

I lost my Ubi sign in but i just remembered my login name! w00t!

But now i have some questions.

I stopped playing Lock-on for like 2 months. Now i'm HEAVY into it again.
    I don't know if i'm rusty or what but i've set up some knife fights (me against computer @ excellent) and i get smoked every time.

Are there any tactics you guys could share with me to get that bogey of of my six?!?!?!
    The best one i have so far is when he's on my six @ about 2000 feet I go to Hard Deck with full A/B and use that speed to get to about 12000ft apply air brake and pull hard to try to get my nose on him. this tactic BLOWS (obviously because i loose airspeed like crazy,) but sometimes i can get a missle off.

I just remember Falcone 2.0(I think) with the "art of the kill" videos. Man i can't find those now but they had an airforce Capt. demontrating offensive/defensive tactics with little planes on sticks, it ruled... i was only 10 when i had that game tho so i just watched them passivly, i can't remember any of the actual tactics though. anyone know any!?!?!?!

I can see this thred drop every second, so i am going to BUUUUMP IT!

Perhaps a more specific question?

Some simple rules in dogfights are: (God knows this is only a small part of it)

- Don't waste your energy. Have some airspeed or some altitude in the bank.

- Don't point your nose directly at a bogey crossing your nose at (close to) 90 degrees. Extend your manouver vertically to make your horizontal turn circle smaller, to give you more options if the little twerp comes up with someting rude and most important: to deny him the ability to reverse his turn and get on your tail.

- Say the sentence "God dammit, he reversed on me again!" alot, use the track recording feature and find out what happened.

For some extreme low-speed rolling scissor tips, ask britgliderpilot.

He has so many olaleier-symbols painted on his fuselage, he first had to use droptanks, then switch to another plane to fit more.

A simple google-search for "ACM tactics" or similar might help alot, there's alot of resources out there aimed at the flight simmer.

==================================

Marvin in hyperlobby

it's all luck when both of you going head to head in range with heaters when you start the mission....it's better to start out in bvr...otherwise pump flares and break lol.

~[AeA]-Skarp
    http://www.tmeier.org/aea/index.php

OKAY guys i just found the sweetest program EVER! w00000000000t!!!!

It shows you in little CG planes diferent ACMs

http://www.geocities.com/jg_46/jg46acm.htm

Agree with Skarp-Hedin.

When using missiles, particularly heaters only, the laws of probability are fluctuant at best. (Like they should be )

Use "guns only" to practice manouvering, this cuts the business down the the bone.

When you get back to missiles, remember what factors are back into play.

[insert pic of karate kid here]

Marvin in hyperlobby