Thread: Has anyone tried to go cross-platform with an AC MP game? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Exclamation Has anyone tried to go cross-platform with an AC MP game?

For those who immediately go "cross-platform is impossible dude", it isn't. It's just very hard to set up right, but once you got it down you can play with anyone on any console as long as they got the same game.

How this is possible? It's called XLink Kai, a network like Xbox LIVE, Steam and PSN but made entirely by volunteers. Because of this, XLink Kai isn't bound to any company nor platform, but can be used for every platform (PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP,...). This allows cross-platform gaming. XLink Kai became very popular when PSN went down, as people with a PS3 could still play online through XLink Kai.

XLink Kai operates through your PC. Tutorials on how to connect your console with your PC and then to XLink Kai can be found on their website.
    NOTE: XLink Kai is very sensitive for bad internet connection. Do a Ping test, and if it's above 35ms, don't even bother

The reason I'm posting this is because I wonder if it wil work with an AC game. However, XLink Kai requires wired internet for the PC which I don't have. If anyone is willing to test this, it may allow people from PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 to play together.

Just thought I'd let you guys know since someone started a thread about cross platform gaming for AC III. I think this will work for ACB but not ACR (due to the UPlay Passport).

If anyone can confirm this works, let us know here!

Thanks!

Your mistakes were twofold I'm afraid. You sprung your Tripwire without looking to see if the game you hunted, was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short... I'm no murderer. I'm an Assassin.
    Oh, but you will have your reward for finding me. And don't think about running off without collecting. My blade is faster...or my name's not Emvidasch.
    http://youtu.be/k4kWbHePQbU?t=45s

I may be completely wrong here, and if i am my apologies in advanced!..but
    Im pretty **** sure you cannot cross platform ! and that is not the main aim/point of Xai!. Certainly would not allow PS3 v Xbox360! unless the game was specifically designed to do so and if a game was (AC for example) im sure we would all know about it!.

maybe you do all know about this! and your not telling me!!.... hang on! is it April 1st!!......nope!....
    The fake-phony-unreal-loki

From my little experience, it does not allow cross play..

It's a service that was originally set up to allow Xbox's to play online, with out paying for xbox live... if memory serves me right..

So it was basically a bypass - allowing consoles to play system link titles online - rather than pay for Xbox live, or having to connect consoles together locally.

it has expanded now though to other formats - but the core is the same, to allow system link games to play online.. it does not allow cross play.

Why you would want to use it for PS3 - I can only guess it's for kicks? [since SEN is free to use]

XLink Kai is a global gaming network - bringing together XBox, Playstation 2 / 3,Gamecube and PSP users, in one integrated community. It is software running on your PC, Macintosh or Linux that allows you to play system-link enabled games online for free.
    Kai is the only service that is not console specific, and boasts one of the friendliest communites available.

Hmm guess I read it wrong then. Please lock this thread then. Whishful thinking...

Your mistakes were twofold I'm afraid. You sprung your Tripwire without looking to see if the game you hunted, was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short... I'm no murderer. I'm an Assassin.
    Oh, but you will have your reward for finding me. And don't think about running off without collecting. My blade is faster...or my name's not Emvidasch.
    http://youtu.be/k4kWbHePQbU?t=45s

ok.