Thread: uploading aircraft to Cliffs of Dover | Forums

uploading aircraft to Cliffs of Dover

Can anyone advise where I can download new versions of aircraft on Cliffs of Dover (COD) specifically newer versions of spitfires and 109s?

Much thanks!

Tequillajack
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As far as I know there aren't any yet. More recent updates on modding CoD might be found at the game developers forums at http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

The promised SDK for making new content for CloD will not make it's appearance till after the release of the as of yet un-named "Battle for Moscow" expansion.

And even with the SDK, making new 3D models to the very complicated specification of the new sim will not be the easy, re-name/add Frankenstein parts, and tinker with the FM numbers, that "modders" of the original IL2 did.

The original hope was that the SDK will allow a community of professional 3D modelers, like FSX has, to form around the new IL2 franchise, and I hope it does, but even the vaunted A2A folks are going to have a tough go as they have never had to model damage in the detail that the new sim does. (They have never had to model it at all actually).

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
    Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov