Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OSB and the MP Community | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

People who say it's FUN and an AWESOME rush to OSB have a weird sense of fun. I leave lobbies immediately when I encounter more than 2 OSBers in one match. I'm tired of getting stuck in 3 other smokes following my target and be immobilized for 45 secs at a time. This morning I went into a match with at least 5 OSBers, all high prestige obviously (wonder how they got there LOL) and with the 4 mins left of the match I was stuck in one place for half of that time.
    There goes your fun, I prefer to actually DO something in my matches, not going to ADAPT to boredom of standing and coughing on one spot for half the game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Arguments on both sides are pointless. People are going to do what they want in the game. Smoke users don't care if you don't like it and non-smoke users don't care if you think they're whining.

Anyway, I've noticed with the latest patch's change to smokebomb, people are countersmoking me again, just like in ACB. Now I'm actually going to have to get good at throwing these suckas.

There are some abilties I don't like but I don't moan about it.

If you don't like abilities - play Simple Deathmatch.

The patch brought serious changes to the issue. On the one hand, my smoke consistently works despite lag. On the other, any brainless idiot can drop it with the least amount of warning and there is almost no counter to it but using another smoke bomb; when before, the OSBer at least had to time it well or they'd get their teeth knocked out. Still complaining won't matter, plus I also believe there is a time and place for using smoke offensively.

I do wish Mute actually worked immediately and had a slightly longer duration. It might be a reasonable counter. As it stands, there aren't very many good counters. Even running up a wall isn't a sure bet anymore. That's really the problem with OSB, there isn't an effective counter other than staying far far away from any potential pursuer.

I had a game last night where at least three players were using the tactic but I decided to tough it out and see how I got on by poisoning people without smoke's assistance. I managed second place and I checked the winner's score to find he had poisoned nobody at all. So it doesn't guarantee a win by any means.

As mentioned above, there is a time and a place for OSB - when I play, it is merely to get me the Focus bonus for varieties. I hardly ever roof and, unless my target gets grounded right in front of me or I know is away from his machine, I will normally struggle to get it done without dropping smoke.

It only annoys me if it is dropped by my pursuer for poisoning purposes, and if I am not in the mood for it I will watch closely. If he stands there for Focus and doesn't knife me, then I can safely assume he has poisoned me. Now I have about 5 seconds to quit the game (no great loss as this sort of tactic usually takes place within the first minute or so) before his poison takes effect - this way he drops his smoke, uses his poison and scores zero points, and has to wait for them to cool down. In the mean time, I am off to find another lobby.

However, I do find it inexcusable in a lobby where the majority of players are ranked below 20. A while back I had 6 opponents in a game of Wanted. One ranked 50, the others below 15. I witnessed this other level 50 player OSB/Focus/Poison three times - not against me, but the poor unsuspecting novices. He won, but there was no rematch as the other poor sods just left, and who could blame them? They haven't even reached the level yet where they can actually USE a smoke bomb.

there was a time when i would get mad at OSB'ers but now i dont. Just gotta accept it and move on, not like they will win the game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by snipertempah10 View Post
    I had a game last night where at least three players were using the tactic but I decided to tough it out and see how I got on by poisoning people without smoke's assistance. I managed second place and I checked the winner's score to find he had poisoned nobody at all. So it doesn't guarantee a win by any means.

As mentioned above, there is a time and a place for OSB - when I play, it is merely to get me the Focus bonus for varieties. I hardly ever roof and, unless my target gets grounded right in front of me or I know is away from his machine, I will normally struggle to get it done without dropping smoke.

It only annoys me if it is dropped by my pursuer for poisoning purposes, and if I am not in the mood for it I will watch closely. If he stands there for Focus and doesn't knife me, then I can safely assume he has poisoned me. Now I have about 5 seconds to quit the game (no great loss as this sort of tactic usually takes place within the first minute or so) before his poison takes effect - this way he drops his smoke, uses his poison and scores zero points, and has to wait for them to cool down. In the mean time, I am off to find another lobby.

However, I do find it inexcusable in a lobby where the majority of players are ranked below 20. A while back I had 6 opponents in a game of Wanted. One ranked 50, the others below 15. I witnessed this other level 50 player OSB/Focus/Poison three times - not against me, but the poor unsuspecting novices. He won, but there was no rematch as the other poor sods just left, and who could blame them? They haven't even reached the level yet where they can actually USE a smoke bomb.
    I read on here before, they still get the points.

When I get poisoned that way I just stand there as I know what happened.

I was like you in Wanted, I was the only 50 in the game the rest were below 15, I didn't bother with my abilities and I wasn't even trying to kill my target, unless they were close to me, I was just trying to avoid my purser/s and still came first, I quit as the odds weren't fair.

EDIT: Just started a Deathmatch game, and got OSB and Poisoned by a player with 14 Prestiage twice within a short time, must have quicker cooldown for them, for the first time I just quit, finding a new lobby now.
    Last edited by cjdavies; 03-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
    I read on here before, they still get the points.

When I get poisoned that way I just stand there as I know what happened.

I was like you in Wanted, I was the only 50 in the game the rest were below 15, I didn't bother with my abilities and I wasn't even trying to kill my target, unless they were close to me, I was just trying to avoid my purser/s and still came first, I quit as the odds weren't fair.
    Ah, I was unaware of that. I DO remember stunning someone in Assassinate and then doing the focus/poison kill. I got the message that he had left, and I got points for the stun but not the kill and both abilities were on cooldown. I assumed that was always the case, but I am most probably wrong then.

As for playing when I am against low rankers and am probably favourite to win, then like you I will prefer to muck around instead of just bully them. At the moment I have found an entertaining sideline of using a lift (ones I think get a lot of use - Venice, Antioch spring to mind, or MSM Deathmatch) and hanging on the roof on the left hand side. My pursuer steps on the lift below, I hit Mute/Smoke and stun him as he lands, before camping on the ledge again. My target uses the lift, he then has no defence to a grab kill on landing on the roof. Quite amusing to watch...prefer that to just peeing beginners off and gaining nothing but disrespect.

Oh, and congrats on the Grand Slam - deserved, and fitting for Mervyn. And that's coming from an Englishman...

Quote Originally Posted by snipertempah10 View Post
    Ah, I was unaware of that. I DO remember stunning someone in Assassinate and then doing the focus/poison kill. I got the message that he had left, and I got points for the stun but not the kill and both abilities were on cooldown. I assumed that was always the case, but I am most probably wrong then.

As for playing when I am against low rankers and am probably favourite to win, then like you I will prefer to muck around instead of just bully them. At the moment I have found an entertaining sideline of using a lift (ones I think get a lot of use - Venice, Antioch spring to mind, or MSM Deathmatch) and hanging on the roof on the left hand side. My pursuer steps on the lift below, I hit Mute/Smoke and stun him as he lands, before camping on the ledge again. My target uses the lift, he then has no defence to a grab kill on landing on the roof. Quite amusing to watch...prefer that to just peeing beginners off and gaining nothing but disrespect.

Oh, and congrats on the Grand Slam - deserved, and fitting for Mervyn. And that's coming from an Englishman...
    Cricket is fun though, I lurv yorkers.

Unless you are on PC, which seems to be much faster in navigating the menus, I doubt you can quit out before they get the points for their poison. If you notice when people quit they sit there motionless for a time before finally disappearing; I think the game takes a few seconds to actually disconnect a player from the session after they've left.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast