Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OSB and the MP Community | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

I don't mind so much if theres like 3 people in manhunt or something and they drop it after they kill one of us to prevent themselves getting stunned. It's when people stand like 10m away, throw it at you, and then think they're pro cause they can get a high point kill.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

How about we let people play the way they want to play? Unless you make youtube videos, then you're opinion is automatically correct...
    Comparing AC:B manhunt to AC:3 manhunt is like comparing Michael Jordan to Detlef Schrempf.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ThaFazzzzzz/videos?view=0

This is stupid, everyone knows Decoy and Closure is the most OP set.

I've never lost a game using it and get so much hatemail lolololol

Familiarity, the first myth of reality;what you know the best, you observe the least
    Devotion, the second myth of reality;the faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith

I must clarify that i am not strictly an offensive smoke bomb user, i prefer to use it in a variety of situations as the need arises. As to the example in the article, no, smoke bomb is not nearly as game breaking. The example of a***a from super turbo is broken because of the simple fact that he can force you to block until time out, and there is literally nothing you can do about it, and once you get hit, you lose automatically, one OSB in a match does not make you automatically lose, nor does someone having smoke bomb in their profile automatically make you lose. Furthermore, to the example, a***a was not actually banned in japanese tournaments, and people still managed, and japanese fighting game players are among the best players of the genre. To the person argueing that you cant beat someone with the intent to OSB you, that is the exact point of this thread, you take on this mentality that they are skilless, yet they cant be beaten, just because they use a solid, yet annoying strategy. OSB is not unbeatable, there are many ways to counter it (some less effective after the patch, but im not advocating the buff, just advocating its use as a legitimate tool). I cant count the times ive juked a smoke, then knife/mute/smoke/charge/TWB my pursuer, and got a free stun, or baited a defensive smoke and knifed or muted for uncontested hidden incognito. This thread is not to support the use of OSB, though i do believe it is a legitimate strategy, but to point out how the "scrub mentality" holds us back as players. If someone smoke bombs you it is not their fault for smoking you, but your fault for getting hit by the smoke. Take responsibility for your own mistakes and improve upon them to become a better player overall

I love OSBing.
    I do it every morning, afternoon, and night. Actually, I do it basically whenever I get the chance.
    Why you may be asking?
    Because it FEELS GOOD, man.
    The pure ADRENALINE RUSH you get when you've successfully trapped your target in smoke and they can't do a thing about it... IT MAKES YOU FEEL ALIVE, MAAAN.

Of course, I can quit anytime I want to.... I just don't want to......
    I don't have a problem...
    I got a bad case of Turnin' It Up...
    It's gettin' cold in here, so Fire It Up.

This kickass sig brought to you by Kaiyoto2

People rage about OSB because it's infuriating. Why is it infuriating? Because on some level it's hard to give credit to someone who was QUOTEUNQUOTE obvious in their approach. And it doesn't get much more obvious than OSB. Unless you OSB and dino-walk toward your victim from 3m away. It's frustrating because OSB is avoidable, especially in ACB (when you can see someone lining up the shot). So if it you get caught in OSB, a lot of times it means you were just ensnared by something that's easy to spot and pretty simple to avoid (unless you're in an animation).

This makes people feel both inferior to and smarter than the OSB user simultaneously. If anybody tells you they hate it because it's a broken mechanic, what they really mean is, they were frustrated and (maybe) embarrassed.

Now that's out of the way, I also REALLY HATE OSB. A LOT. And I've been caught in it plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaFazz View Post
    How about we let people play the way they want to play? Unless you make youtube videos, then you're opinion is automatically correct...
    i made a video about OSB i am therefore right in every aspect

OSB like a PRO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhcNY3B4R4
    XBL-GT: DeadlyRThoughts [D.D.C]

Just get toasty and chill
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87Jy-BRlkU

Pancake?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaFazz View Post
    Well said, the abilty sets are there for a reason - you can choose what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly_thought View Post
    i made a video about OSB i am therefore right in every aspect

OSB like a PRO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhcNY3B4R4

Will watch this later in the house.

@assassinine

Absolutely great articles!
    LIAR - Lethal Injection Administration Representitives
    ---- XBL GT = TH3 F4T C0BRA ---- Clan Page ----

People who rage about OSB are pointless . Adapt for gawds sake! . besides, there are far more worrying things wrong with the game!
    The fake-phony-unreal-loki

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast