Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OSB and the MP Community | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Quote Originally Posted by n00bfi_97 View Post
    Cricket is fun though, I lurv yorkers.
    Ha, yorkers are great, and have no counter.

They should be banned. If I see someone bowl a yorker, I switch channels. They break your toes if you're not careful. You cannot hit them for 4 or 6 unless extremely lucky. They are cheap.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by najzere View Post
    Unless you are on PC, which seems to be much faster in navigating the menus, I doubt you can quit out before they get the points for their poison. If you notice when people quit they sit there motionless for a time before finally disappearing; I think the game takes a few seconds to actually disconnect a player from the session after they've left.
    Hmm I'm on PS3, so will have to think of something else then. Steal the Artifact might be the answer - nobody ever uses Smoke or Poison, or gets Focus, there!

Quote Originally Posted by snipertempah10 View Post
    Ha, yorkers are great, and have no counter.

They should be banned. If I see someone bowl a yorker, I switch channels. They break your toes if you're not careful. You cannot hit them for 4 or 6 unless extremely lucky. They are cheap.
    Eh, no counters is true, but they're very hard to pull off and turn easily turn into full tosses, which are very easy to hit.

'Sides, i hail from South Asia, so I don't bowl yorkers often, mostly spin-bowling, which is far more satisfying to see when you get a wicket. The look on the batsman's face is priceless lol.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bfi_97 View Post
    Eh, no counters is true, but they're very hard to pull off and turn easily turn into full tosses, which are very easy to hit.

'Sides, i hail from South Asia, so I don't bowl yorkers often, mostly spin-bowling, which is far more satisfying to see when you get a wicket. The look on the batsman's face is priceless lol.
    Not many better bowlers of inswinging yorkers than Wasim Akram, even on those dust-tracks out there. And as for the look on the batsman's face, Gatting's was a picture when Warne took his first Test wicket.

Better get back on topic lol...

Not many better bowlers of inswinging yorkers than Wasim Akram, even on those dust-tracks out there. And as for the look on the batsman's face, Gatting's was a picture when Warne took his first Test wicket.

Better get back on topic lol...
    NO.

Hmm I'm on PS3, so will have to think of something else then. Steal the Artifact might be the answer - nobody ever uses Smoke or Poison, or gets Focus, there!
    You might be right about the poison, but smoke is about the most common ability used and focus kills are not unknown (although quite rare).

Quote Originally Posted by Kytr View Post
    You might be right about the poison, but smoke is about the most common ability used and focus kills are not unknown (although quite rare).
    Defensively maybe, but I must admit to really only being killed by headless chickens, or lucky guessers when my morphed group started to dwindle. I don't play it much now, but TV seemed most prevalent (no idea why!)

Mute is a very potent counter to smoke bomb, if you get smoked through your mute you are using it improperly. You have to realize mute has not only a physical effect, but a psychological effect. Just as you do not wish for your opponent to kill you, your opponent does not wish for you to stun him. If you get smoked through mute, it is not solely a product of lag, but of the reaction the pursuer has when expecting you to use mute. In every scenario where smoke bomb beats mute, the pursuer did not think: "hey, he just used mute, i better smoke bomb him before it activates." Rather, the opponent thinks: "uh oh, my target is running at me, he is probably planning to use an ability, i better drop a smoke before he gets the chance." Scenarios like this are an example of Yomi, your opponent has seen this behaviour before, predicts your course of action, and acts accordingly. Every time smoke bomb beats mute, the pursuer had already decided to use smoke, regardless of if you had hit mute yet. To counter this, you ascend to the next layer of Yomi, you have seen this OSB strategy before, you know what the pursuer is planning to do, so take a course of action that will cause smoke to not affect you. Pretend to rush your opponent and juke back. This puts your opponent into a disadvantageous situation, because it is impossible to react to a mute with smoke bomb, it is only possible to drop it pre-emptively. The pursuer is left with 3 options: 1. drop smoke bomb for fear of getting muted, 2. Predict the juke and hit the kill ****on hoping they get in range, or 3. intercept the rush, take a discreet and move on to the next target. If the opponent takes option 1 you are left in a very advantageous position where you are very likely to get an easy stun with the mute you still have ready. If they choose option 2. you are reset to neutral, where you can attempt more jukes, do a real mute stun, or just casually walk in the direction of your target while THEIR pursuer closes the distance. If they choose option 3, you take your 100p honorable, and your +1 loss towards boost/2x, and move on. If you are particularly sneaky, you can pull off an ability stun as they go for the quick and easy kill (similar to the drive-by-smoke stun of ACB). If used well, mute is one of the best counters to smoke bomb. Knives can be substituted for mute, with an added bonus, you can knife the player and pretend to walk up for a stun. The pursuer may panic and drop a smoke, if they are not crafted for range it is possible to naked stun them from the edge of the smoke if they walk towards you. If they stall with smoke you can simply walk away, without the smoke it is much more difficult for them to get an uncontested kill on you, let alone a poison. Alternatively you can bait a smoke and punish with knives for a free stun. Knives, when crafted and perked for lower cooldown, has a downtime of roughly 30 seconds. By the time you need them again they will be ready. The best part of juking a smoke bomb is not only does it cost nothing to do, you dont even need defensive abilities. Just the possibility that you might use an ability to stun is enough to get someone to drop a smoke. Just by juking, you are given information about the player at no cost. Someone who doesnt drop smoke when threatened is either a newer player, lacks smoke, or is a strong player that predicted your juke. Someone who DOES drop smoke when threatened is quite possibly a skittish player who can be exploited for free stuns for the rest of the match. By getting into your opponents head you get both physical and psychological advantages to be used for the rest of the match

Banned
    tl;dr WTF Never learned how to write an essay in school? For the love of jesus Edit that monster paragraph that details how much of an O-Smoke n00b you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassinine View Post
    Mute is a very potent counter to smoke bomb, if you get smoked through your mute you are using it improperly. You have to realize mute has not only a physical effect, but a psychological effect. Just as you do not wish for your opponent to kill you, your opponent does not wish for you to stun him. If you get smoked through mute, it is not solely a product of lag, but of the reaction the pursuer has when expecting you to use mute. In every scenario where smoke bomb beats mute, the pursuer did not think: "hey, he just used mute, i better smoke bomb him before it activates." Rather, the opponent thinks: "uh oh, my target is running at me, he is probably planning to use an ability, i better drop a smoke before he gets the chance." Scenarios like this are an example of Yomi, your opponent has seen this behaviour before, predicts your course of action, and acts accordingly. Every time smoke bomb beats mute, the pursuer had already decided to use smoke, regardless of if you had hit mute yet. To counter this, you ascend to the next layer of Yomi, you have seen this OSB strategy before, you know what the pursuer is planning to do, so take a course of action that will cause smoke to not affect you. Pretend to rush your opponent and juke back. This puts your opponent into a disadvantageous situation, because it is impossible to react to a mute with smoke bomb, it is only possible to drop it pre-emptively. The pursuer is left with 3 options: 1. drop smoke bomb for fear of getting muted, 2. Predict the juke and hit the kill ****on hoping they get in range, or 3. intercept the rush, take a discreet and move on to the next target. If the opponent takes option 1 you are left in a very advantageous position where you are very likely to get an easy stun with the mute you still have ready. If they choose option 2. you are reset to neutral, where you can attempt more jukes, do a real mute stun, or just casually walk in the direction of your target while THEIR pursuer closes the distance. If they choose option 3, you take your 100p honorable, and your +1 loss towards boost/2x, and move on. If you are particularly sneaky, you can pull off an ability stun as they go for the quick and easy kill (similar to the drive-by-smoke stun of ACB). If used well, mute is one of the best counters to smoke bomb. Knives can be substituted for mute, with an added bonus, you can knife the player and pretend to walk up for a stun. The pursuer may panic and drop a smoke, if they are not crafted for range it is possible to naked stun them from the edge of the smoke if they walk towards you. If they stall with smoke you can simply walk away, without the smoke it is much more difficult for them to get an uncontested kill on you, let alone a poison. Alternatively you can bait a smoke and punish with knives for a free stun. Knives, when crafted and perked for lower cooldown, has a downtime of roughly 30 seconds. By the time you need them again they will be ready. The best part of juking a smoke bomb is not only does it cost nothing to do, you dont even need defensive abilities. Just the possibility that you might use an ability to stun is enough to get someone to drop a smoke. Just by juking, you are given information about the player at no cost. Someone who doesnt drop smoke when threatened is either a newer player, lacks smoke, or is a strong player that predicted your juke. Someone who DOES drop smoke when threatened is quite possibly a skittish player who can be exploited for free stuns for the rest of the match. By getting into your opponents head you get both physical and psychological advantages to be used for the rest of the match
    Translated (and Shortened) to:

If you want to be a total hated arse of a player, run around like an idiot learn to run/twitch to try and get your opponent to drop all his abilities.

Twitch players don’t tend to have anything else in their repertoire, when they don’t have any smoke and mute they just run around, when they do they just run and twitch at people, this is everything AC:MP should NOT be about…
    The fake-phony-unreal-loki

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast