Thread: CoJBiB Dedicated Server... | Forums

CoJBiB Dedicated Server...

Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am computer-illiterate. I have downloaded the CoJBiB dedicated server in hopes of hosting an online game. When I open the file, it says I need to give the server a name and password in the "dedicatedserversettings.scr" file. However, the only file is "dedicatedserversettings.ini" and I cannot change its settings. "Access Denied" is the answer every time. Could someone help me, step-by-step, to set it up so I can host a game here in the USA? Be gentle, since I only know the basics about computers. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Stale_Crackers View Post
    Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am computer-illiterate. I have downloaded the CoJBiB dedicated server in hopes of hosting an online game. When I open the file, it says I need to give the server a name and password in the "dedicatedserversettings.scr" file. However, the only file is "dedicatedserversettings.ini" and I cannot change its settings. "Access Denied" is the answer every time. Could someone help me, step-by-step, to set it up so I can host a game here in the USA? Be gentle, since I only know the basics about computers. Thanks!
    Hi there.

So, it depends on what kind of Operational System you have. I have Vista and I had that problem with Access too.

The newbie way is just to copy that dedicatedserversettings.ini on desktop and modify it there, then when you finish, put that dedicatedserversettings.ini into its original folder (overwrite).

Another way is to turn-off permission access. (Vista)
    Find your dedicated server's folder:
    Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood Dedicated Server
    Go to its Properties - Security - Advanced - Chose "User(Username)" - Edit -
    Chose "User(Username)" - Edit - Make him "Full Control" - OK - Chose "Include Inheritable permissions from this object's parent" - APPLY -OK - OK - OK

Hey, it worked! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Stale_Crackers View Post
    Hey, it worked! Thanks so much!
    Oh, I am glad it worked =)