Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3 is a sequel to Far Cry 2? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Far Cry 3 is a sequel to Far Cry 2?

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum, and I register me for a reason I have a question about Far Cry 3, do I also have played Far Cry 2 Far Cry 3 to go to play? Because I don't have Far Cry 2, but I want to buy Far Cry 3. I mean, is it a successor, or a completely different game?
    Excuse me if my Englisch is bad, the most I translate witch Google Translate.

Sander
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It´s a complete "new" game, without any connections to previous Far Cry titles. But I recommend you to play Far Cry 2, it´still a great game.

Ok, thanks.

You see FC3 is mix of FC and FC2. You are playing as Jason who is lost on the tropical island (FC1), but that island has it's own problems. You have private military companies, mercenaries, they are killing innocent and there are no rules (FC2). FC3 is also open world as FC2.

Far Cry 3 has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Far Cry 2 and if you want to enjoy Far Cry 3 i would recommend that you dont play Far cry 2

Far Cry 2 didnt rely on crazy characters to propel its story

Far Cry 2 didnt rely on scripted combat to cause tense drama

Far Cry 2 let you decide just about everything when you were given a mission. How to accomplish it, how to get there, from what angle to and even to what time of day. I played it 3 times and most times i never played a mission the same way - one time in a car blasting away, once as a sniper, and once with explosives.

From the missions you see in the trailers, it seems that either they think running and gunning is the best for trailers or its the only way to go in some of these scripted combat situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethy_Anne View Post
    Far Cry 3 has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Far Cry 2 and if you want to enjoy Far Cry 3 i would recommend that you dont play Far cry 2

Far Cry 2 didnt rely on crazy characters to propel its story

Far Cry 2 didnt rely on scripted combat to cause tense drama

Far Cry 2 let you decide just about everything when you were given a mission. How to accomplish it, how to get there, from what angle to and even to what time of day. I played it 3 times and most times i never played a mission the same way - one time in a car blasting away, once as a sniper, and once with explosives.

From the missions you see in the trailers, it seems that either they think running and gunning is the best for trailers or its the only way to go in some of these scripted combat situations
    LOL, go back & watch trailers for Far Cry 2, it's the same thing, you can't judge the structure of a game based on trailers which obviously only show one specific course of action. FC3 is going to be just as open as FC2 was....

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    The developers have confirmed the free choices as in farcry 2 and more stealth

UbiSoft stated it is the sequel to both 1 and 2. the stories are going to come together in this one.
    youtube - Kaelon Drae

fortunately has nothing to do with fc2,
    better story with a purpose just to make a killing ...
    furthermore it back into the mythical fc1 environment...
    with today's technology. the ingredients are all good!!!
    FarCry FarCry2 | never forget, n0r erase the past : there would be n0 future | FarCry3
    FarCry
    : GamePlay perfect - 80% playable | Multiplay worthless - 100% unplayable
    FarCry3: Ubisoft Massive Insane LAG
    .GOD save the mp, and DELIVER US from lobby.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtmrc View Post
    fortunately has nothing to do with fc2...
    Actually has very much to do with FarCry 2: open world, and that's a benefit... Who prefers linearity ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast