Thread: About the sprinting... | Forums

About the sprinting...

A lot of people feel that moving from cover to cover goes too fast, the Ghosts shouldn't be able to sprint so fast. But is it really so bad? There are a few earlier videos with really fast sprinting animations (especially the firefights on the street in Peshawar spring to mind), but in most other videos, it doesn't seem so bad to me. For example, this video at around 3:30 there is a really clear sprinting animation. It doesn't seem so fast to me. Or this video at around 2:40. I think this isn't a bad speed for cover swapping, it might be faster than most people can run in real life, especially considering the amount of equipment they are carrying with them, but one has to consider the gameplay too. And besides, I think this running speed is pretty close to how fast you could run in GRAW and GRAW 2 (PC version at least), and there you also had an infinite sprint.

Btw, this video show some insanely fast sprinting animations. These animations I do agree are just too fast and you seem to be able to cover-swap without any chance of getting hit while you're doing so. But it seems, looking at other videos, they toned it down, because the other videos I linked use a lot slower sprints.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

during the vieos of the church and the Pakistan street fight the player dashes between points faster than the AI can decipher the movement. the AI is still targeting the old location without any reaction to the movement. that is very sloppy AI in my opinion

if the player can dash between 2 points as seen in the church scenario and the AI does not register their movement the it is far too fast.

granted no matter how much how claim for this game realism has taken the back burner but even the half trained and Khat high Muslim drug runner would notice the player doing the 40 yard dash down the right side of the play area
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 03-24-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

I agree, the Peshawar (= Pakistan) mission is over the top in terms of sprinting animations. I'm not sure I saw the church fight you mention, could you maybe link it? But, in the other two videos I linked I tihnk they're sprinting a lot slower and at a more reasonable speed. At least, in my opinion.

I still think its too fast for a man carrying 50+ pounds of hard wear. if the player only had a single primary I'd be a bit more lenient but as Ubisoft are content with throwing double primaries at you without explanation into why I'm not holding any throws

I'm not having much luck with finding the church shindig but i remember it being the first time you see the Russians actually having equal tech to your own and even then the AI acted like they were fresh out of boot camp

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...