Thread: ubisoft montreal hiring for “unannounced IP”, | Forums

ubisoft montreal hiring for “unannounced IP”,

Ubisoft Montreal is developing an “unannounced IP”, according to a tweet published the studio yesterday.“We’re hiring!!” read the tweet. “#Ubisoft #Montreal is looking to hire an Animation Director for an unannounced IP.”But what could it be – and perhaps more importantly, could it be a launch game for a next-generation console?The wording of the tweet suggests that it may be a new IP, rather than a new project based off of one of Ubisoft’s existing IPs.Ubisoft Montreal has previously led development on a variety of Ubisoft IPs, including Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six and Assassin’s Creed.The team is currently known to be working on Assassin’s Creed III, Rainbow Six Patriots, and Far Cry 3.The next Splinter Cell game, meanwhile, is being headed up by Ubisoft’s newest studio, Ubisoft Toronto.Could Prince of Persia be making a comeback, or will Montreal’s unannounced game be an entirely new experience?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I hope it's either PoP or BG&E

A new game entirely would be cool I guess, as long as it's not a shooter, we have a lot of those already, I want platformer

My DA gallery
    Oldest active member of the Deathbringers, if you don't like PoP08, join us

They can't go wrong with an RPG .. with the success of Skyrim . I think it's totally viable since AC is kind of open ended.

If it's a new IP wouldn't that be a new game entirely, since the IPs for the existing franchises already exist? Or is IP actually separate for each installment?

@Archaven: Now THERE'S an idea. Ubi has thus far experimented with a lot of different game types. Would be interesting to see an RPG from them.

If there's anything I want, I guess I'd really like to see something that doesn't take place in the boring old human world. XD I miss the imaginative environments of Rayman, Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil.

A RPG made in Ubisoft? This would be awesome! I miss some steampunk RPG, I think it would be a nice idea. Who knows what they will do.

Member of The Lightbringers Army
    The Light will not fail! Follow us on DeviantArt!

Thus far i haven't seen any potential RPG title from Ubi yet and i foresee RPG is really a good market now. But i also foresee something very bad i don't like. Probably an MMO as well as recent news mentioning Ubi vision on countering piracy is actually having a huge fan-based which ties to an MMO cloud.

I like single player experience game better much than online.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaven View Post
    Thus far i haven't seen any potential RPG title from Ubi yet and i foresee RPG is really a good market now. But i also foresee something very bad i don't like. Probably an MMO as well as recent news mentioning Ubi vision on countering piracy is actually having a huge fan-based which ties to an MMO cloud.

Indeed. -__- I still don't even use online play yet, but it feels like companies are actually trying to force it on me because they're starting to remove the offline features from their games. Offline co-op has all but vanished. Where you used to be able to play co-op easily, now it's just...gone. It's online or single player. No more split-screen.

I absolutly agree with you =_= I hate to be slave of the net to play, and need other players to finish every quest.

Member of The Lightbringers Army
    The Light will not fail! Follow us on DeviantArt!

Oh please no, I don't want another MMO those are designed to suck your money in a never ending quest :/

My DA gallery
    Oldest active member of the Deathbringers, if you don't like PoP08, join us