Thread: RUSE Game Disc No Longer Loads Game on Xbox 360 | Forums

RUSE Game Disc No Longer Loads Game on Xbox 360

I bought RUSE about six months ago, loaded it on my hard drive, and began to play it regularly about three months ago. After the last Xbox 360 system update about a month ago, the game became hard to boot up. Yes, the disc was in the disc drive drive, the drive door was closed, and... nothing.

When I clicked on "open tray" and then closed it, either remotely or manually, the drive spun a little, the screen read, "reading" the disc, but then it stopped, and the window read, "open tray," again. I even played with the settings, turned the machine off and then on several times, and nothing.

Other games are loaded on the Xbox hard drive and boot up with the game disc in the disc drive with no problem, but not Ruse.

As a last resort today, I deleted the game from the hard drive today and was going to reload it. Now I can't even do that. And now I can't even play the game at all. Just load, try to reload, dozens of time without success. What gives? And how can I get this games to load and play again?

Jim
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, has the disc got any scratches or is dirty? I myself have had a few Xbox 360's where the unable to load disc error has arisen. It usually means the disc drive is on its way out and usually starts with one game where the others will load.

You should always install games to the HDD, this puts less strain on the disc drive, fans and makes your Xbox 360 last longer. You could try deleting the cache, which sometimes helps but please be aware you will need to download patches again.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think the disc is scratched or dirty, but what is the best way to check or clean the game disc? I'd like to reinstall the game on the HD.

Jim

A stupid question but do you have your 360 horisontal or vertical? Having it vertical is known to cause damage to the discs and sometimes create read errors.
    ---

Xboyz.se - 30+ gamers!
    Microsoft MVP [Xbox]
    Xbox Ambassador, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by marzacco007 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think the disc is scratched or dirty, but what is the best way to check or clean the game disc? I'd like to reinstall the game on the HD.

Jim
    To clean the disc I usually run it under hot water then dry off with a very soft cloth. Ensure it is completely dry before playing.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support