why doent online work on splinter cell conviction?
plz someone tell me why online doesnt work, and when it will be online again. because i like online lol
Hello ultraplage56... I am so glad to hear you enjoy playing Splinter Cell Conviction online but I'm sorry to hear that your "online doesnt work". Whenever your'e giving information for troubleshooting purposes, it's important to give as much hardware/software details as possible to assist in trying to define the problem/issue (see http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...eam-or-ubisoft). Without this information, it's next to impossible to troubleshoot; but I will take a shot. Your comment "why online doesnt work, and when it will be online again", sounds to me like you are having a connection problem/issue. Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer online does work, but you first need to open ports in router and firewall (http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a..._id/14621/p/88). If you need assistance/help in opening ports look here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...62#post8187562.
umm i hope we are taking about the same thing, i will explain i little better so you can understand, umm the story or campaing works, however the online multiplayer dont?
KK so i opened the poets for my ip address and when i click multiplayer in the game its says, multiplayer is not worker plz try again later
it still dont work, i put the ports in and, when i click find game in the multiplayer tab in the game it says the server is not online right now please try again later, so i said to myself w.e
Online does work
Hello ultraplage56... typically, there are only two reasons why you would receive the message "The Splinter Cell Conviction Server is not available at this time, please try again later" or "Unable to join... connection not responding":
1. Ubisoft/Uplay servers are temporarily down: be patient and the servers will eventually go back up and then you can play... last/this month they were not down at all.
2. Splinter Cell Conviction ports in your router (port forward) and/or firewall have not been opened http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a..._id/14621/p/88. If you don't have your ports open in router and firewall (or any other programs that could be blocking/monitoring ports) you will never be able to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line successfully.
You mentioned " i put the ports in" but unless you have verified that all these ports are open, then you must assume that they may still be closed.
Here are a few tips on port forwarding:
a. Find your router in one of these guides and follow instructionshttp://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-guides or http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
b. Download and install Simple Port Tester (its free) and verify if the Splinter Cell Conviction ports are open http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester. Be sure to use internal IP address and not external IP address when forwarding and testing. If you are uncertain what your internal IP address is, go to Windows/Start/Run/type cmd and hit enter... at the command prompt, type ipconfig /all and hit enter... look under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 1 for IPv4 Address... this is your local IP address (should be something like 192.168.1.xxx). If after opening ports in router and firewall (or any other programs that could be blocking/monitoring ports) you test all these ports and it reads "Failed", then you have closed ports (and you need to keep trying)... if you test all these ports and it reads "Successful", then your'e ready to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line.
Last edited by Green.Hornet; 04-01-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Hi, i have the same problem. I followed all your advices and as u can see in the link (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg546...ng&res=landing) my ports are open but i cannot enter any match nor the private ones created by my friends (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg189...pg&res=landing).
What should I do now? Its realy frustating buying a game and not being able to play it online and the same is happening to Assassins Creed: Brootherhood, another game by ubisoft.
Last edited by icedano; 07-21-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Hello icedano... I'll try to lend some assistance. First-of-all, congratulations on port forwarding correctly... with one minor exception; did you port forward Ports 22350 through 22380 correctly? I'm not saying that you didn't, but I noticed the pic/image only shows that you only tested port 22380... ensure that the "range" of ports 22350 through 22380 are forwarded (disregard this if you've done this already).
If after "successfully" opening ports in your router and firewall and you still experience connection problems/issues, it could be:
1. Another program on your PC that is monitoring/scanning/blocking incoming/outgoing traffic... disable (temporarily while you play) any and all Internet Security programs
2. Your internet throughput is bottle-necking due to other programs tying-up the bandwidth... disable/exit all programs that are accessing the internet (torrents, downloads, chat/talk programs etc.)
3. You're using a Wireless Network to play Splinter Cell Conviction and you don't have a good solid/steady connection/bandwidth... your wireless connection may be sufficient to browse the web/email etc... but you need a good solid/steady connection/bandwidth to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer online using a wireless connection... I believe this is the culprit in many connection problems/issues as Wireless Networks are rarely/never stable (fluctuates constantly unlike Wired Networks) unless you have a large bandwidth. I've tried using a (5MB Downstream/2MB Upstream) Wireless Network to play Splinter Cell Conviction and it just does not play well at-all... I increased it to 20MB DS/5MB US and have no problems now.
My last suggestion is to contact Ubisoft Support. Good luck.
Last edited by Green.Hornet; 07-21-2012 at 07:14 PM.
I ported 22350 to 22380 but in the test I was lasy and only tested the two limit ports (22350 and 22380). ANd if they are working I assume all the extension is too. I am using MSE as antivirus and windows firewall. Opened the ports in firewall as well and disabled MSE and its the same thing. At the moment I only had steam and UPlay open in order to play the game. MY connection is through ethernet and I have 30 mbs download/4mbs updload by optical fiber.
Originally Posted by Green.Hornet
I cant see what the problem is and maybe its best to contact Ubisoft Support afterall.
Anyway thanks for help.
Hello icedano... dude, you most definitely don't have a bottleneck with 30MB DS/4MB US with fiber optics (freakin' awesome). Let's try one last thing before you contact Ubisoft Support... disable your Windows Firewall... I realize that you created inbound/outbound rules... but try and disable it and see if this helps... if it does, then re-visit your inbound/outbound rules or just disable your firewall while you play Splinter Cell Conviction. If after you opened all your ports "Successfully" and have run through steps to troubleshoot your connection problem/issue, then yes, it's time to contact Ubisoft support. Good luck.