Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get an Xbox 360 or a PS3? | Forums

Banned

Should I get an Xbox 360 or a PS3?

I know i asked a similar question to this a while ago... but now theres so many cool new games coming out for both consoles. I want the Xbox because splinter cell is coming out for it and also ghost recon future soldier is coming out for it. It looks so cool. What I don't like about the xbox, though, is that you can't really do much with the console itself. It's mainly for playing games. With the PS3, you can do more with the console itself, but there aren't that many games for it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Cant do much with the Xbox? stream films and TV programs, watch ive tv, listen to music, play any media file via your own storage device, skype, msn, video chat via camera or kinnect, DL a multitude of games, independent as well as official demos. play online with friends spread around the globe......... Aside from that there are probably only a few dozen more things you can do with an xbox.

I cant speak for what Sony's machine can do as I have been an xbox convert since the first oversized block and prior to that it was the Dreamcast the last time I played on a playstation was the PS2 but I would imagine aside from blu ray its pretty much the same. I have a stand alone sony blu ray player which can do pretty much everything a PS3 can do aside from playing games so really this all comes down to personal choice. Neither is better or worse in my own opinion they both have their pro's and con's.

With so many cross platform games and pretty much no difference in graphical ability, for the most part, it really only comes down to your own preferences.

Both consoles are similar you just have to weigh up what you want the most. Both have exclusive games so check them out ps3 has a blueray player and Xbox has konect.

I've owned both... ps3 first then more recently (last year or two) went to xbox because my ps3 friends stopped playing and my other friend played xbox a lot. I honestly hated xbox from the start.

It's louder
    It feels like it's made for 8 year olds just by the interface
    you can do more with the ps3 option and sign in name wise
    the ps3 feels more solid

I DO like the xbox controller more though and the party system is worth the money per month which is why I didn't include free online in the ps3 section. If you have friends on a console, get xbox (dunno what ps+ is as i was gone before it came out) but if you are alone and looking for a solid gaming system PS3 is not only your best bet, but once the next gen comes out or you stop gaming on it... you can use it as a netflix/dvd/music/photo/video/blueray player for the next DECADE. The only thing xbox has going for it is the controller, every other positive xbox has has a negative to go along with it while the ps3 is just a better gaming system all around.

at the end of the day you'll get what you pay for. while you have to pay for gold membership on the xbox it is the better service to me. while others will argue that sonys service might not be as good but the fact its free more then makes up for it

the Xbox has a higher proportion of kids then the PS3 (its easier for parents to keep the rodents in line if you can threaten to not renew their gold membership) but that doesnt mean the PS3 players are more mature.

recently Sonys reputation has been marred by the loss of god knows how much customer data and i'm not sure how much more secure they have made their system

the Xbox wins to me simply for the party system. on days when you don't feel like playing you can still use Live as a social tool. on restricted communication games like BF3 the ability to co-ordinate 2/3s of a team on Rush was a powerful asset especially on difficult assualt missions like Nashaar canals

you can link with the PC media center for streaming videos, pictures, music and the like

the only thing the PS3 had going for it was it was the cheapest BluRay player at the time and even the cheapest BluRay player today has a better picture quality
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 03-21-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

I'd go with the XBOX. The only thing that the PS3 has over the XBOX is the BluRay Player. Xbox combats that with being able to stream content in HD from your PC! Not to mention Netflix, Hulu and many others. The XBOX also acts as a HD DVR receiver for AT&T UVERSE.

The greatest edge that XBOX has is it's online community. You pay $60 per year, but you definitely get what you pay for. The online service is very smooth for the most part, meaning the network is never down.

The online community for the XBOX is much bigger which typically is better, but it boils down to more people to play with. Check out the preorders for GRFS. This doesn't necessarily correlate to the final sales, but there are 3x's as many preorders for the 360. Also take a look at all the top multiplayer games from the FPS to the sports. Xbox always sells more, millions more. That's saying something.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/
    http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/

I think it's a personal choice. When choosing a console take a look at which exclusive games it has, the community which surrounds it if you enjoy multiplayer and the features it can offer you. I prefer the Xbox 360 due to the community surrounding Xbox Live, but the PS3 also has a lot to offer.

As others have said Xbox Live does come with a fee but it is very low considering there are regular updates and exclusive features combined with it.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I use the PS3 and XBOX360 slim consoles, both are great. I like the fact i can use any wallpaper for the PS3, the PS3 slim is not as noisy as the XBOX360 slim. Uncharted 2 and 3 are top notch as well as Metal Gear Solid 4, not seen any XBOX360 games that better these titles in both graphics and gameplay, infact (and this is my opinion of course) Uncharted 3 is as good as any PC game (although, haha, not many PC centric games made now days, lol), i use a GTX 580 and Intels i7-860 with 8 gb ram and an SSD for running games off. I'm mainly a single player, sometimes mp is ok for me be it coop or other online modes.

Your question is actually very simple to answer. First look at the available games for both consoles. Then look at the exclusives and then consider what kind of games you like. You like Gears of War or Uncharted? Halo or Resistance? Forza or Gran Turismo etc etc. Both consoles are great and don't be fooled by fanboyism! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by paardezak View Post
    Your question is actually very simple to answer. First look at the available games for both consoles. Then look at the exclusives and then consider what kind of games you like. You like Gears of War or Uncharted? Halo or Resistance? Forza or Gran Turismo etc etc. Both consoles are great and don't be fooled by fanboyism! Cheers.
    oh my GOD, you really think both systems are great !!!

Kidding, I totally agree with you, If I could I would get an Xbox360, but so far I grew up playing Playstation, and as you said it comes down to the games, especially the exclusive titles.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast