Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting worried about PS3 version! | Forums

Hybrid View

Getting worried about PS3 version!

A while ago i asked if there was any PS3 footage and Ubi answered that there was actually some PS3 footage in some trailers. It is close to release and i am starting to worry. Wich engine is used in GRFS? I heard it was an updated version of the one used in GRAW. The difference between XBox and PS3 was huge because it was a port. Please can you show us some PS3 footage? Is the PS3 version inferior????
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes, the engine used for GR:FS is an upgraded version of the engine used for the Xbox 360 version of GRAW, the YETI engine. I believe the difference was huge because the game didn't come out for the PS3. I believe the Xbox 360 got a next-gen version, while there was also a version for the Xbox and the PS2.

This places in mind the reliability of Ubisoft utilizing an XBOX 360 over a PS3 due to performance and capabilities. Great to see the upgrade on PS3, while 360 receives the next-gen of the YETI engine.

I tried to find out by looking at all the trailers to find any PS3 footage but i can't find any! Maytbe there is some CGI footage but no gameplay for sure. I am waiting for so long for this game to come out, but i am very pessimistic about it. Most of the time it is bad news if they don't show any PS3 footage at all. Well Ubi will at least collect all the PS3 preorders money.....

Ya, if I was a PS3 gamer I would probably wait for some reviews first, past games from various studios, including Ubisoft and the GRAW series, have been greatly inferior in the cross platform ports. IGN gave the PS2 version for GRAW a 3.7/10. Yikes!

Hopefully Ubisoft provides some more platform specific details soon. It feels like they are hiding something when they don't. This qoute from the IGN PS2 Graw review sums up why non XBOX gamers should be weary:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is a very bad game on the PlayStation 2. It's terrible from a technical standpoint, and nothing else about its design really brings it out of the gutter. It's a shame that Ubisoft used the same name and cover as the other versions of this piss poor game, all of which are leagues better than the PS2 variant.
    Last edited by ecma4; 03-24-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Ubisoft lead platform is ps3 im pretty sure http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/...lead-with-ps3/

Quote Originally Posted by B0rnDivine1 View Post
    Ubisoft lead platform is ps3 im pretty sure http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/...lead-with-ps3/
    Well that was in 2010! After some time they build a new game and i am sure PS3 isn't lead platform anymore!!!
    (I allready was aware of that statement, just look at my posts.....)
    Last edited by paardezak; 03-24-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paardezak View Post
    Well that was in 2010! After some time they build a new game and i am sure PS3 isn't lead platform anymore!!!
    (I allready was aware of that statement, just look at my posts.....)
    Didn't the first Rainbow Six Patriots trailer use PS3 footage? Even though this doesn't help you with your question, it does mean Ubisoft does use the PS3 for some of their games.

Nice link B0rnDivine1. I'm a PS3 fan so I'll impatiently wait for the title...."cross fingers"

Please Ubi, can you take my worries away?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast