Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ghost recon future soldier online pass?? | Forums

All I need is Blind Seige!!
    ------------------------------
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by AI.BLUEFOX View Post
    I'll buy it, but I really do not like online passes as they currently stand.

EA justify it on the basis that the servers cost money to run, but if that were true you'd have to renew it. Are they going to keep BF3 going forever for those that bought a pass? Not a chance. It's just a one-off price hike so their argument doesn't stand.

If they start to reduce the cost of buying the game and offset that with how much you use it then that could be a good thing. It would give a company a big incentive to make a really good multiplayer and keep it fresh. I'd even pay a premium for a better tactical game. Perhaps one day they'll give the games away and charge you per hour on line.
    EA just recently made that statement somewhat redundant, too. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-servers.aspx

No word of an online pass... Assassin's Creed has one, so I assume GR:FS has one. Awesome if it doesn't, but doesn't bother me if it does as I'm getting it anyway. I do hate that these companies have resorted to online passes, but it's never a problem for me to get one, even for used games. You don't have to buy it new to get an online pass for cheap/free.

Most Ubisoft titles with an Online Pass - also have a 2 or 3 day free trail - so your able to play online for that short period. [ideal if you rent]

But like Ubi-Mush said, we don't have any information at present.

Do we have information now?

No, we don't. We will update our sticky posts with multiplayer info when we get it

Hey! I have a podcast! Check it out here: Pink and Deadly

Ubisoft Support

Quote Originally Posted by VanilaGorila-x- View Post
    Do we have information now?
    Cool, Thanks for the quick response.

Does player age have anything to do with playing online?

The online passes are a waste of consumers money. Sure I can understand that the devs dont make a profit on used games, but that is still a penalty towards the people out there who can't afford to purchase the game, or want to try out the online experience before buying. There should always be a online trial of some kind or a level cap (which i'm glad GR:FS has). Someone could possibly go into a gamestop to purchase a used copy of a game that may still hover @ $55.00, and then realize that they need to purchase a $10.00 online pass that then puts the price @$65.00!! Now they will want to try and return the game to purchase a new copy @%60.00.......but now they may not have enough gas in the car to get back to the store, or the means to. Things like this are what production companies and or developers don't think about or don't care about.

http://old-school-killers.com
    ps3 community
    designed for gamers over 30

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shade View Post
    Most Ubisoft titles with an Online Pass - also have a 2 or 3 day free trail - so your able to play online for that short period. [ideal if you rent]

But like Ubi-Mush said, we don't have any information at present.
    does it have a free trial for online?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast