Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ghost recon future soldier online pass?? | Forums

ghost recon future soldier online pass??

sorry if there is already a thread about this but will there be an online pass for ghost recon future soldier? because if so i will refuse to buy it as of now will be avoiding any game with the online pass
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'll buy it, but I really do not like online passes as they currently stand.

EA justify it on the basis that the servers cost money to run, but if that were true you'd have to renew it. Are they going to keep BF3 going forever for those that bought a pass? Not a chance. It's just a one-off price hike so their argument doesn't stand.

If they start to reduce the cost of buying the game and offset that with how much you use it then that could be a good thing. It would give a company a big incentive to make a really good multiplayer and keep it fresh. I'd even pay a premium for a better tactical game. Perhaps one day they'll give the games away and charge you per hour on line.

online pass is included with the game unless you buy it second hand. It's really not that big of a deal at all and you get a bunch of free stuff with it.

It is a big deal if you want to rent the game first to try it or even share it with another member of the house.

As a company who's selling the game its brilliant idea as they still get money from the second hand market. But as a player it piss you off when you buy a pre-ownd game and forget you have to pay for a online pass.

Nobody actually has said that there will be an online pass, right?
    If not, I really doubt they will be doing that. I know EA has been doing this, but I can't think of Ubisoft doing this in any prior games so far. That obviously doesn't mean they won't. Just keep in mind that a good portion of both GR and Rainbow Six DLC has been free. That likley won't continue this time around, but this shows a dedication to keeping their customers happy.

I dont mind buying used games. I just hate that they buy the game from you for 20 bucks then turn around and sell it for $55.00 I refuse to buy a used game for $55 I would rather buy it off craigslist.from a person selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI.BLUEFOX View Post
    It is a big deal if you want to rent the game first to try it or even share it with another member of the house.
    you can still rent games? Wow, all the blockbusters and hollywood videos within a 50 mile radius of me closed almost half a decade ago, and even then only a few of them actually carried games in the first place.

The only multi-player information we have at the moment is this;

Up to 16 players in 8Vs8 matches for a fast-paced, intense online experience Select from 3 classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online across 10 maps.
    Gain experience and levels, make decisive choices to customize and develop your character.
    Gather Intel on your enemies’ positions and share it with your teammates.
    Use the new suppression system to pin your enemies down while your teammates flank them.
    4 game modes focused on objectives and cooperation, including new exclusives and GR’s classic Siege.
    Created by Red Storm, the studio behind the critically acclaimed Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter multiplayer modes.

More multi-player information will be available shortly once Co-op has been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hortey View Post
    you can still rent games? Wow, all the blockbusters and hollywood videos within a 50 mile radius of me closed almost half a decade ago, and even then only a few of them actually carried games in the first place.
    Actually it's the one area the market can work on. I don't know if it will last but the Blockbuster near me expanded after Dish took them over last year.

Interesting sidebar, but it's hardly the point is it? Whether you rent by getting the physical game on disc or rent digitally online (as the trend is now starting), it's the same principle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast