Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand and Illustrious All-inclusive Off Topic Topic | Forums

A little help on my end would be nice. I've been hoping Zander would post something for Tully, since I don't know what his plan is and I don't think he does either. Also, I don't know anything about this cult or what we're likely to find inside this mountain stronghold; though I have been under the impression that this group believes they are rescuing Cannax from the cult. Tora has been left with that impression, certainly.

Possibly our group is hoping to find a way to find the Hotel and then get themselves and the Hotel back home?

Luckily, Marae gets back within a day or so at last, so I can finally get a second writer who knows Tully's character writing style better than me. It has been rather difficult being the only person writing the section of plot my character is embroiled in. No one to bounce ideas off of!

My tarot card this morning was right, the crazies were out today. And I was on my feet all day. Blah.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

First we need to know what MN and Toz have in mind and where they want to go with this. It all rides on them. I have the suspicion that they aren't going to be active as long as I am here, and so they could be waiting for me and Zander to finish and move on before they reveal that. If that's the case, I'm not going to touch it without their say so.
    I used to be a know-it-all. Then I made a wish...
    I wished to be happy instead of angry all the time.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Even if it's not the case. I should have said that earlier.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Dr. Marae, Professor of D'ni Ethnomusicology and Terpsichore, and Duke, OutStanding in His Field marae's Avatar
    Hi all, I've been reading while I was on vacation, but I don't know what Tully's plan is either. Let me think a bit here.

OK, I've thought a bit. It didn't help much.

I don't think MN and Toz are avoiding you, Jahura. Toz has not been active for quite a while, and I am ambivalent about waiting for him and MN before moving on, especially since my idea was that the "cult" was either the result or the target of some kind of a Nyrond coup, and Tully was smack in the thick of it - until he discovered that the Hotel was in danger as a result. Now he means to make it right, no matter what his fellow Nyronds might have in mind. So... perhaps we could make use of that angle? It would certainly help to know more about what Toz had in mind, it's true, but if there is a coup involved, Toz doesn't necessarily know everything. The Nyronds, however, would.... *marae lobs the ball squarely in Zander's court and grins saucily*

Of course... I confess, I have long since forgotten what the deal was with that cave, or what Duke and Marae were expecting to get out of exploring it. I guess a bit of re-reading might be in order... *marae goes off, ostensibly to do just that*

Happily Institutionalized Maven of Mad Libs
    ...perhaps the crocodile has not yet been eaten...

MO:ULagain KI #541383

Well, if we're going with the coup angle on that, I guess the first question would be what possible interest would Nyronds have in a society of werewolves holed up in a stronghold on a mountaintop in the middle of Now Here.

I think I just named a smallship.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Quote Originally Posted by jahura View Post
    ....what possible interest would Nyronds have in a society of werewolves holed up in a stronghold on a mountaintop in the middle of Now Here.

I think I just named a smallship.

We'll call him Wolfy for short!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps there's a fairy gate in there that will take us all home. Perhaps the sidhe that sent the Hotel away earlier were tricked into it by the Nyronds who hijacked its destination and sent it to the Pompei of their time choice. Perhaps our group will now be sent home, after the Hotel returns to its own time and location of course.

Perhaps Murrinna is heading downstream for the mountain to tip them off? And how are Toz and TOOO and Cannax gettiing home?
    Last edited by Tora_Neko; 05-11-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I think TOOO connected Nuva Romae with Now Here by Faerie Gate, so if I'm following along right Murinna is currently in Now Here ditching the soldiers that took Cannax to Nuva Romae, and she came via the Gate that TOOO went through to look for Cannax. But I don't think the Nyronds would actively hijack the hotel - it's not their style*. They must have somehow convinced the Sidhe to do it but bringing the Hotel full on and in three places at once would take more energy and perhaps the Faerie Gate would close as a result. Or perhaps the reverse - the Sidhe were hijacking the Hotel and the Nyronds needed an escape route so they convinced the Sidhe to open the Gate to Nuva Romae (an Age we now know was Written by a Nyrond) which compromised the structure and phase of the Hotel.

It's starting to look like Sidhe vs Werewolves which is something Nyronds could take advantage of but establishing which is the villain and which is the ally is where we hit the wall. This is why we need definition of what comprises of that cult. Is it evil or is it neutral? Are the werewolves in exile or were they here all along and the Sidhe are the immigrants? What possible benefit would the Hotel even in its phase state be to anyone?

TOOO and Cannax are easy in comparison. Zander wouldn't declare one of his Ages stable without a library and a secret escape route. That's a Nyrond necessity, intrinsic to their culture. But since TOOO and Cannax have no clue who Wrote that Age any more than Zander is aware that TOOO and Cannax are there, that still leaves a lot of options for TOOO to explore.

* Note that strong hint that Zander gave for me to reveal that Nuva Romae, an Age of Romanesque structure where the citizens speak more English than Latin, would be the perfect place for the Pompeii refugees by introducing the 'stable Age' he wrote. Establishing he Wrote it gives him a buy in if he wants to join in. Nyronds don't hijack, they con someone else to do it for them.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

There are a few things I need to say:
    1. First and foremost, why, oh why, would anyone think that I, of all people, have a plan?

2. I'm not avoiding anyone, jahura. I've just been swamped the past few weeks with real life distractions. I apologize if I gave any impression otherwise.

3. I got to a late start with my school's new session which is why I've been gone so long; I've been playing catch up. I should have some time this week to get caught up in the story and post something.

4. The last I saw of Toz, I was telling him off for something that I probably should have kept my silence on, so I think I bare the blame for his absence.

5. I don't know the first thing about the werewolf cult beyond what I have already posted and have no plans in that regard. I just wanted move the plot forward when it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

6. Hi, all! Sorry I have been gone so long. I'll try to do better.

I'm sure I could read between the lines,
    if only the lines themselves were a little clearer...

Quote Originally Posted by MystNovice View Post
    There are a few things I need to say:
    1. First and foremost, why, oh why, would anyone think that I, of all people, have a plan?

2. I'm not avoiding anyone, jahura. I've just been swamped the past few weeks with real life distractions. I apologize if I gave any impression otherwise.

3. I got to a late start with my school's new session which is why I've been gone so long; I've been playing catch up. I should have some time this week to get caught up in the story and post something.

4. The last I saw of Toz, I was telling him off for something that I probably should have kept my silence on, so I think I bare the blame for his absence.

5. I don't know the first thing about the werewolf cult beyond what I have already posted and have no plans in that regard. I just wanted move the plot forward when it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

6. Hi, all! Sorry I have been gone so long. I'll try to do better.
    I'm very relieved to know that you're not avoiding me. I've been worried about that. I don't want to be that type of someone surrounded by eggshells, so thank you!

So no real ideas, then? Hmmm.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Alright, we're storming the the stronghold!

There seemed to be some disagreement on how far from the cave the group was, but I think I tied it together. The Now Here group is now split into two. One group of humanoids is charging into the stronghold in disguise while non-humanoids and those who refused to wade through jahura's delay mechanism are pulling back and finding a good hiding spot, unless one of the non-humanoids sneak in via someone else's robe. I'll mostly leave it up to the Writers who is staying and who is going, except that Tully and Tora are coming (because I am NOT doing this alone) and Duke, who would have serious trouble squeezing into another's robe, will likely be staying behind.

I'm sure I could read between the lines,
    if only the lines themselves were a little clearer...

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast