Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brotherhood dialogue | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

I didn't find Maria's line cheesy at all. The reason why she said it made sense to me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I guess they don't sound as weird when you write them like that. But you all played it, you know how it sounds when they talk in the sanctuary, weird silences and constant shouting

"The order is born of realization. We require no creed."

Quote Originally Posted by ACSineQuaNon View Post
    Do you really believe the writer(s) intentionally made the line cheesy, unoriginal, and not clever?
    I think they intentionally didn't think of making it original or clever. They just made her say what they'd think his mother might say at such a time, regardless of how unoriginal or cheesy it was. At such times she wouldn't have worried about it, so neither should the writers.

Thank you LordWolv, a.k.a. Isaac500, for the awesome new sig and avatar! They look friggin amazing!
    You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
    ...or you're right.
    Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRey View Post
    I think they intentionally didn't think of making it original or clever. They just made her say what they'd think his mother might say at such a time, regardless of how unoriginal or cheesy it was. At such times she wouldn't have worried about it, so neither should the writers.
    Let us remember that we're all in the animus too... Remember, sometimes the animus has trouble translating?

Ah come on why are you trying to explain the obviously bad writing with something else... you sound like ubisoft when they accuse animus of every glitch in the game

"The order is born of realization. We require no creed."

Brotherhood's animus Dialogue was a bit dramatic, brotherhood's modern day dialogue was PERFECT. Revelations had a darker tone, but better all-around writing, for both modern and animus. Though technically we hear all the modern stuff FROM the animus.

Those lines are good lines...

suppose you think that 'With great power, comes great responsibility' is cheesy also.

Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21

Unity - Duty - Destiny
    Unofficial UbiForums Steam Group

I liked the Desmond/Lucy stuff. Sure, some of it was a bit corny, but they did a nice job giving those two some chemistry so it came off as believable that Desmond was a little smitten with her (possibly the other way around as well but I guess we'll never know). Most games would have just put in a lot of sexual innuendo which would have been far cheesier or just had them talk about the technical stuff all the time ("Go pull that lever, now stand over there").

Maria's line never really bothered me, it kinda felt like a throwback to the Godfather movies. There was one female character in one of them that said something similar but I can't remember who. It felt fitting with the whole Italian revenge plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexx21 View Post
    Those lines are good lines...

suppose you think that 'With great power, comes great responsibility' is cheesy also.
    Exactly. Sometimes things ARE dramatic, and require dramatic wording. Go get 'em son would have seemed stranger, no?

I think it's culture differences. Dejan507, maybe you are outside the US, but that's how people talk over here. Lol, it's half-assed sarcasm and everyone tries to one up everyone else. So to a foreigner it may seem strange, but that's what American conversation sounds like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12