Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes' | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Maybe it's about how if an agent is caught the US will deny any involvement. The plot would be something like this: Agent gets caught, US denies involvement, agent gets mad, Conviction 2.
    Ubisoft, please prove me wrong.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by codenameeric View Post
    Maybe it's about how if an agent is caught the US will deny any involvement. The plot would be something like this: Agent gets caught, US denies involvement, agent gets mad, Conviction 2.
    Can we at least get a agent with a bit highter EQ once?
    every agents today are rogue, I wanna get revenge, I was betrayed by teammate, I've abandoned by my agency... blahblahblah.
    and they seems unable to deal with it without shooting everyone else in the head while making a total mess.
    We do have more than 100 keys on keyboard, the melee/action key design is a failure.

......and just because people runs fast, it doesn't mean they want to jump over obstacles and kick down a door.

Conviction was good but it was a real step backwards for the series in my opinion, they tried to make the franchise more "casual gamer friendly" with Double Agent and didn't succeed then they THINK they got it right with Conviction but honestly the second they strafed away from the Chaos Theory type gameplay they really made the series something it wasn't meant to be. Just another generic TPS. Go back to the old days where making too much sound sent the whole room of enemies run at you, where you had to time a kill perfectly not to raise suspicion, where light was the enemy in a never ending battle. That's what the true fans want, not another run n' gun COD clone. I have the most respect for Ubisoft compared to other game publishers/developers that are just money hungry like Activision and EA who make things just for the masses and forget about the people who brought their product to the light in the first place. Please don't become that Ubisoft.

Oh and also bring back spies Vs. Mercs kthxbye.
    SGB: 56th Airborne Battalion- "Effective Intimidation"
    Spetsgruppa Vympel FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SGB_StillChewy View Post
    Conviction was good but it was a real step backwards for the series in my opinion, they tried to make the franchise more "casual gamer friendly" with Double Agent and didn't succeed then they THINK they got it right with Conviction but honestly the second they strafed away from the Chaos Theory type gameplay they really made the series something it wasn't meant to be. Just another generic TPS. Go back to the old days where making too much sound sent the whole room of enemies run at you, where you had to time a kill perfectly not to raise suspicion, where light was the enemy in a never ending battle. That's what the true fans want, not another run n' gun COD clone. I have the most respect for Ubisoft compared to other game publishers/developers that are just money hungry like Activision and EA who make things just for the masses and forget about the people who brought their product to the light in the first place. Please don't become that Ubisoft.

Oh and also bring back spies Vs. Mercs kthxbye.
    Well if they add more options in the gameplay like leathal and non-leathal weapons and melee(CQC/knife) and dragging/carrying bodies it certainly would bring up for the old ways.

Maybe they can make it both for MP the Conviction way and Spy Vs. Mercs?I like both as each plays uniqely.

I really don't know if I really like that what she says. It sounds like they won't make a lot out of the Stealth Gameplay again. So the suggestions we made which are getting into very deep Stealth features, deeper then in SCCT seems not to be the focus of SCR which is a shame in my opinion. We can expect to have a maximum of depth like SCCT has. But I am not really sure if they will achieve even this...

Quote Originally Posted by coltcat View Post
    Can we at least get a agent with a bit highter EQ once?
    every agents today are rogue, I wanna get revenge, I was betrayed by teammate, I've abandoned by my agency... blahblahblah.
    and they seems unable to deal with it without shooting everyone else in the head while making a total mess.
    Oh god, this. Its ridiculous how many agents go rogue in these types of stories since A. there are extensive screening procedures to ensure only the most mentally tough and resilient individuals make it to these jobs, and B. the agents would know what they're getting into when they signed up, so getting mad at the agency/government is just re+arded.

But I can definitely see them going with Codenameeric's plot. It is really one of those "root themes" that was established in SAR, but they never really got around to exploring. And on top of that, that "going rogue" plot would allow them to go full-on action movie yet again, which happens to be exactly what Raymond says they're doing in the article.

Skepticism meter: rising...

edit: dunno why that r word for mentally deficient is censored...

OhMG, people, calm down... None of the Splinter Cells wasn't meant to be 100% pure stealth except Chaos Theory (and it is the main reason, that SCCT is sometimes little boring... I am not crazy, I love it the most just like you, guys... just saying...). Look at first SC. There are very similar moments like in SCC, where you are supposed to rise from shadow and fight like a man... with GUN! And only some really hardcore players play those moments also 100% stealth. So this ISN'T the problem. Problem is a huge LACK of options in SCC... No KILL/KO option, no drag boddies, no saving, no minigames, like picking, hacking, no opportunity objectives, minor paths and shortcuts, etc., etc... It is ONLY about giving options... Many of us trying whole nights pass through SCC missions 100% stealth like in good old days, but it is very hard and little boring. So imagine SCC with those options abou which we are talking about months... and be patient, what they will show... It isn't necessary to remove super-panther elements, M&E, LKP, those color ****s filters, etc... But Just give to players an oppurtunity to SWITCH it off and use stealth. Some casual kiddies players can still play it absolutely like a shooter (they can also play like that old SC's) and who is crazy can try it little different, with glance...
    Last edited by Versus-Mroj; 03-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

http://www.splintercellconviction.cz - Comix Trailer 720p!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinhCola View Post
    She said "...we're try to also explore something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has never been surfaced so much." I think many of you are overlooking the bold part at the end of the quote. What could she be talking about that has been in the older games but hasn't really "surfaced so much"? Do you think it's something about Sam or another character's life that was mentioned briefly but was never really addressed in the game? Is it something else? What could she be talking about? That part really has me wondering.
    Perhaps Jade was talking about a new coop system?

I mean the development time for SC6 is huge, Maybe they are working on a new smart AI system for a second character working with Sam ingame which gives the player an option to play coop or single. It can give the game a new direction.. As for me, they never explored that properly.. but think of it, no more lone-wolf missions :/

and then because Sam is aging, they will change him with this new agent in the next Splinter Cell games. (the idea of these just occured in my mind while reading the forum but I personally don't want this to happen anytime soon...Sam is the legend and always will be!)

Guys, let's think about this. She said "root themes". Theme (necessarily) =/= gameplay ya know?

Theme- the subject of a discourse, discussion, piece of writing, or artistic composition,
    -a distinct, recurring, and unifying quality or idea

Quality or IDEA, I think it's more on that line, but I can't seem to think of an idea that bonds all of the games together.

Okay you know what, I think I already know what they may focus on "Relationship", I mean come on Sam and Sarah father daughter relationship was always there but never really experienced fully, right ?!, Sarah needs to be back, Sarah is actually a big Splinter Cell stories.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast