Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes' | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by generalbrown20 View Post
    If you recall, the same thing happened with Conviction. They came out in December and said that information was forthcoming in the next "few" months. Then they were silent until E3, where they showed the first gameplay footage and issued a release date for holiday season. Once we got to the holiday season they pushed the game back to February of the next year, and then finally to April.

So far, Jade Raymond has followed suit. She issued a statement back in November or December that information would be available in a few months. Recently at GDC she indicated that they are getting close to a big public announcement. They aren't going to just release a statement at an obscure time, rather they are going to logically try and capitalize on the inertia of E3. My guess is that they will hint at a holiday release, but more than likely push the game back to somewhere around April of 2013.

Meanwhile, Ghost Recon seems like it might be heading towards something interesting, whereas Splinter Cell (which has historically been my all time favorite series) seems to be going down the drain. They started by going far off into left field, then apparently some military consultants told them "hey, that's not realistic", so they decided to refocus the series towards coordinated tactical play. Splinter Cell on the other hand seems to be taking it's consulting from the very poor straight to video Steven Segall movies. Ouch!
    I respect your opinion but disagree. I think SCC is a vast improvement over older iterations. Legacy SC was significantly better than games of their generations for sure, and that disparity does not exist between SCC and it's modern era peers, (lots of good tech now), but it's as good an SC game (co-op story particularly) than any other. Better IMO.

I am feeling good now that it appears SCC foundation is almost certain. Legacy fans shouldn't be disheartened though, Legavy plan CAN be realized through SCC mech. The reverse is not true.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

@SolidSage

I partially agree. Conviction was definitely a more tactical and a better stealth-action game. But the old games were simply superb in terms of classic espionage, plot and atmosphere.
    Eg: The dialogues. SC1-3 had a LOT of surveillance tech jargon, familiar to Tom Clancy fans. Many code names, situations, technologies (Dark Stat drone sonar in SC1....in t'blisi) were authentic and the game seemed extremely realistic from a premise POV.
    I had absolutely no troubles believing in 3rd Echelon as a real life govt. agency. The games had the nuances of good espionage thrillers.

Conviction definitely delivers on gameplay..you know my thoughts on that. But I felt that the uber realistic plot and scenario was lost somewhere. I think thats what they mean by going back to the roots.

Proper infiltration of high security compounds to tap servers and provide on-location access to the 3E cryptoanalysts and hackers. The small, sharp sliver of glass.
    And Aggro Stealth gameplay might give it a new spin. Imagine playing a Chaos Theory map with Conviction gameplay. The Emphasis on speed and precision. You can engage the guards and take them all out BUT you have to maintain cover long enough to get the data out safely. So this puts an emphasis on stealthy killings. Fast, ruthless YET Silent!
    That would make me very happy.

P.S

My name means 'Handsome' or 'Adorned' in Sanskrit. I always use my first name...for everything.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

I think, that there IS a chance, that we will hear something more about SC6 before E3. Maybe I am too oldschool, but first step is "officially announce it", say the subtitle of the episode, some basis about story plot, main characters, and few artworks, maybe pre-rendered videos, isn't it? Even for Conviction we had known it. C'mon people, don't be so sceptic, UBI Toronto is new studio, they want to do things differently and this is their first (big) project, so they should be good. So I bet on more info BEFORE E3. Who thinks the same? :-)
    I do
    Tnx for link

This is going to be my reaction when I see teaser, trailer or gameplay of SC6: (1:37)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_c2AnuWE7M
    Last edited by NightGhost1994; 03-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    @SolidSage

I partially agree. Conviction was definitely a more tactical and a better stealth-action game. But the old games were simply superb in terms of classic espionage, plot and atmosphere.
    Eg: The dialogues. SC1-3 had a LOT of surveillance tech jargon, familiar to Tom Clancy fans. Many code names, situations, technologies (Dark Stat drone sonar in SC1....in t'blisi) were authentic and the game seemed extremely realistic from a premise POV.
    I had absolutely no troubles believing in 3rd Echelon as a real life govt. agency. The games had the nuances of good espionage thrillers.
    Absolutely true!

Quote Originally Posted by NightGhost1994 View Post

This is going to be my reaction when I see teaser, trailer or gameplay of SC6: (1:37)
    LOL! Exactly! This video is ****ing great!
    http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

http://www.splintercellconviction.cz - Comix Trailer 720p!

Quote Originally Posted by NightGhost1994 View Post
    I do
    Tnx for link

Hahahahahaha OMG this is totaly FTW!

She said "...we're try to also explore something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has never been surfaced so much." I think many of you are overlooking the bold part at the end of the quote. What could she be talking about that has been in the older games but hasn't really "surfaced so much"? Do you think it's something about Sam or another character's life that was mentioned briefly but was never really addressed in the game? Is it something else? What could she be talking about? That part really has me wondering.

PlayStation MVP | PlayStation Plus member | PS2, PS3 and PS Vita owner | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner

http://www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | http://www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
    1,600+ followers |
    100+ subscribers

YouTube Channel Trailer:

Spoiler: 
    <font color="#292F33"><span style="font-family: arial">

Maybe we will discover, that Lambert was Sam's father... DD
    I think, that this could be some another point of view to old stealth missions... Like every mission was in fact COOPeration with Victor Coste... :-D (I really don't like this "pseudo-good characters" added during series... Is it SAW or LOST or something like that or what???) Maybe isome flashbacks with young Sarah or SEALS missions like in SC: Essentials. It is very good for new engine... Sam wasn't secret agent these times... But some "stealth sense" says me, that it is connected with gameplay, not with story. And what element of stealth wasn't in any of previous games? Changing clothes like in Hitman! It fits perfect when Sam isn't agent anymore.... :-)
    http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

http://www.splintercellconviction.cz - Comix Trailer 720p!

Honestly I don't think it's either. She said "theme"...to me that doesn't convey gameplay. That strikes me as more of an atmospheric/engrossing factor than anything gameplay or story....can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinhCola View Post
    She said "...we're try to also explore something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has never been surfaced so much." I think many of you are overlooking the bold part at the end of the quote. What could she be talking about that has been in the older games but hasn't really "surfaced so much"? Do you think it's something about Sam or another character's life that was mentioned briefly but was never really addressed in the game? Is it something else? What could she be talking about? That part really has me wondering.
    I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't seem she's referring to gameplay as much as storyline. Personally, I hope they strike a better balance between stealth and action than with conviction, just as I hope they do away with the one-buton-bob animation scenes. I guess I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else, though.
    ----
    se·quel?/?sikw?l / [see-kwuhl]
    –noun
    1. a literary work, movie, etc., that is complete in itself but continues the narrative of a preceding work.
    2. an event or circumstance following something; subsequent course of affairs.

I predict that they'll focus on fifth freedom. A renewed interest in such a concept will provide them with the edge factor they so love and will pump some moral dilemma into their script. This is all assuming that Sam will rejoin Third Echelon, of course. As the classic trilogy never really delved too much into the ramifications of fifth freedom, this could prove to be interesting, though I just hope it isn't heavy-handed and melodramatic like the trust mechanic in Double Agent or that promotional video for that new Rainbow Six game.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast