Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes' | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    @SolidSage

I partially agree. Conviction was definitely a more tactical and a better stealth-action game. But the old games were simply superb in terms of classic espionage, plot and atmosphere.
    Eg: The dialogues. SC1-3 had a LOT of surveillance tech jargon, familiar to Tom Clancy fans. Many code names, situations, technologies (Dark Stat drone sonar in SC1....in t'blisi) were authentic and the game seemed extremely realistic from a premise POV.
    I had absolutely no troubles believing in 3rd Echelon as a real life govt. agency. The games had the nuances of good espionage thrillers.

Conviction definitely delivers on gameplay..you know my thoughts on that. But I felt that the uber realistic plot and scenario was lost somewhere. I think thats what they mean by going back to the roots.

Proper infiltration of high security compounds to tap servers and provide on-location access to the 3E cryptoanalysts and hackers. The small, sharp sliver of glass.
    And Aggro Stealth gameplay might give it a new spin. Imagine playing a Chaos Theory map with Conviction gameplay. The Emphasis on speed and precision. You can engage the guards and take them all out BUT you have to maintain cover long enough to get the data out safely. So this puts an emphasis on stealthy killings. Fast, ruthless YET Silent!
    That would make me very happy.

P.S

My name means 'Handsome' or 'Adorned' in Sanskrit. I always use my first name...for everything.

Cool name, you handsome devil!
    I agree about Legacy plotlines being better, I liked Sam as a sanctioned operative more. Might be why SCC co-op was vastly better than the SP for me. I also want to seee a vastly more diverse set of action elements to further facilitate more in depth and varied play.
    What I NEED them to keep is the speed stealth, the option for partial or full on aggro and some of the nice new features and modes.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Okay you know what, I think I already know what they may focus on "Relationship", I mean come on Sam and Sarah father daughter relationship was always there but never really experienced fully, right ?!, Sarah needs to be back, Sarah is actually a big Splinter Cell stories.

lol oh gosh the comic!

But that is also what I was thinking. For lack of a cheesier word, I think the root theme they may be talking about is love and/or family. Sam's relationships with his daughter and co-workers was always an important part of the game. It made Sam who he was. Conviction really touched on that but was mostly focused on revenge. After what Vic said about family being the only thing that could bring Sam back to the game, I think SC6 will probably have a huge focus on that. His relationship with Sarah, his relationship with Grim, his relationship with Vic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieinthedark View Post
    Guys, let's think about this. She said "root themes". Theme (necessarily) =/= gameplay ya know?

Theme- the subject of a discourse, discussion, piece of writing, or artistic composition,
    -a distinct, recurring, and unifying quality or idea

Quality or IDEA, I think it's more on that line, but I can't seem to think of an idea that bonds all of the games together.
    This triggered the thought of a possibility. It's probably far fetched, but I read about them wanting to combine or incorporate the stories of the other Clancy titles back in like 2005 or 2006. Sure, there have been little inserts here or there, but never have they had a cooperative operation. I don't know, this just popped in my head. Who knows, right?

I just hope they stay away from ANY personal storylines. DA and SCC have both done it do death. Just make the game about high tech espionage and Sam working with the new 3E taking Meggiddo down one server at a time.

No chopper assaults
    No flashback bull****
    No all out attacks on US cities
    No bat-sh1t insane plots
    No missing Sarah/Coste/Grim

Simple Subtle Cutting Edge SIGINT Warfare.

Information is power. I'd love to see Sam infiltrate a compound hosting a Black Arrow Server (Stealth playstyle upto player) get in quick gather that ONE piece of intel from a nearly wiped out drive to shut down an entire Meggiddo OP in the East Coast.

I loved the Kalinatek level in SC1....it was a typical SC mission..Sam discovers a mole in the CIA and learns that the data is ported to a server based in kalinatek building. Grim's intrusion is detected and the Russian mafia go in there to clean the data up and kill the techies. So Sam has to infiltrate the building to salvage any data that links Nikoladze to the IW attacks on Azerbaijan.
    It mixed the pace up allowing you to go slightly aggro while still maintaining the classic stealth feel of the game

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

I just hope they stay away from ANY personal storylines. DA and SCC have both done it do death. Just make the game about high tech espionage and Sam working with the new 3E taking Meggiddo down one server at a time.
    I believe they did these stories at the request of Michael Ironside (Sam's voice actor). Check out this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by go_clo View Post
    lol oh gosh the comic!

But that is also what I was thinking. For lack of a cheesier word, I think the root theme they may be talking about is love and/or family. Sam's relationships with his daughter and co-workers was always an important part of the game. It made Sam who he was. Conviction really touched on that but was mostly focused on revenge. After what Vic said about family being the only thing that could bring Sam back to the game, I think SC6 will probably have a huge focus on that. His relationship with Sarah, his relationship with Grim, his relationship with Vic, etc.
    Yup, not to mention Vic got kidnapped at the end of SCC and Sam went to rescue him.

But I am pretty sure they will make a great game, I am optimistic yeah I know, but they had enough time to be able to do it.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

No chopper assaults
    No flashback bull****
    No all out attacks on US cities
    No bat-sh1t insane plots
    No missing Sarah/Coste/Grim

Simple Subtle Cutting Edge SIGINT Warfare.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Yup, not to mention Vic got kidnapped at the end of SCC and Sam went to rescue him.

But I am pretty sure they will make a great game, I am optimistic yeah I know, but they had enough time to be able to do it.
    Yea exactly. They hinted heavily in Conviction and foreshadowed that theme being reoccuring, it makes sense that that is what they are talking about by "root themes".

Quote Originally Posted by suolucidur View Post
    I believe they did these stories at the request of Michael Ironside (Sam's voice actor). Check out this interview.
    I like Ironside. I like the brilliant work he has done in bringing Sam Fisher to life. But I don't think he has a clue when it comes to game design. A word of advice to the Ubi Devs from the great Bob Downey Jr.

'Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the **** you were gonna do anyway'

As for root theme...if they think it is familial ties....then Jesus save them from Shiva's wrath.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

The Root Theme is about STEALTH!

Don't you guys see, when she says "root themes" she means stealth. She said that it wasn't explored in previous SC games, this probably means there will be Social stealth. Think about it- SC has always been about stealth, but it never used Social Stealth. Stealth is the root theme and when Jade talks about it not being explored in previous games she's talking about Social Stealth.

She said how Retribution will have action mechanics, this proves that she's referring to Conviction aggressive gameplay mechanics, and the gameplay in Retribution as well, not some story about Vic. If she was talking about story potential then she would've said: "Well the emps and corruption will still be there but... blah blah blah." But no she referred to the gameplay mechanics of SCC.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast