Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes' | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hybrid View

New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes'

http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

http://www.splintercellconviction.cz - Comix Trailer 720p!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Information warfare? Fifth freedom? Finite pistol magazines? A green motif? I wonder what they could mean.

Given that comment about action flicks - it seems they're still unwilling to leave their comfort zone - the possibility of the SIGINT ninja we grew to love in past games making a comeback is looking even slimmer now.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by newhenpal View Post
    Information warfare? Fifth freedom? Finite pistol magazines? A green motif? I wonder what they could mean.

Given that comment about action flicks - it seems they're still unwilling to leave their comfort zone - the possibility of the SIGINT ninja we grew to love in past games making a comeback is looking even slimmer now.
    It is still commercy product. So they must interest both groups. Casual and Hardcore players. And SCC is very good for first group, so now, they are going to add something more for second group. Sound logically to me.
    http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

I believe it will be about Information Warfare and Going Around The Globe, especially if you think about Megiddo, they are everywhere, so they will probably send Sam everywhere to fight them.

One hope of mine though is more stealth, a layer of stealth in addition to SCC system would be perfect, I am glad they are starting to talk about something, but I hope we see something soon (within a month) or better yet hear some solid info with explanation.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    I believe it will be about Information Warfare and Going Around The Globe, especially if you think about Megiddo, they are everywhere, so they will probably send Sam everywhere to fight them.

One hope of mine though is more stealth, a layer of stealth in addition to SCC system would be perfect, I am glad they are starting to talk about something, but I hope we see something soon (within a month) or better yet hear some solid info with explanation.
    I couldn't agree more. The only thing Conviction was really lacking was the depth and story telling that made the first few games great. If they can add the depth the original games had they will have a winner, and Spy vs Merc MP must return.

When I say single player depth, I mean I want the next game's gameplay systems to provide more options, and be more complex. We should have limited ammo and gadgets, There should be more variety of gadgets, there should be more entry and exit options for every mission, there should be a more refined detection and lighting system. There should be lockpicking, neck snapping, computer hacking, security cameras, interrogations, eavesdropping on conversions, intel gathering, body dragging, etc... All of these things were missing from Conviction. Layering all of these elements to the already stellar Conviction combat system would be perfect and provide the perfect Splinter Cell for Combat focused players, and stealth players.

Certainly looking for it,also if they add more custimozation options it would be perfect.(Best way to represent yourself amongst the players is the way you look and your gear)

Well I am expecting info on the 31th of March or the 1st April because that's the time when the best Splinter Cell was released and I think it would be a good celebration.

If you recall, the same thing happened with Conviction. They came out in December and said that information was forthcoming in the next "few" months. Then they were silent until E3, where they showed the first gameplay footage and issued a release date for holiday season. Once we got to the holiday season they pushed the game back to February of the next year, and then finally to April.

So far, Jade Raymond has followed suit. She issued a statement back in November or December that information would be available in a few months. Recently at GDC she indicated that they are getting close to a big public announcement. They aren't going to just release a statement at an obscure time, rather they are going to logically try and capitalize on the inertia of E3. My guess is that they will hint at a holiday release, but more than likely push the game back to somewhere around April of 2013.

Meanwhile, Ghost Recon seems like it might be heading towards something interesting, whereas Splinter Cell (which has historically been my all time favorite series) seems to be going down the drain. They started by going far off into left field, then apparently some military consultants told them "hey, that's not realistic", so they decided to refocus the series towards coordinated tactical play. Splinter Cell on the other hand seems to be taking it's consulting from the very poor straight to video Steven Segall movies. Ouch!

I think, that there IS a chance, that we will hear something more about SC6 before E3. Maybe I am too oldschool, but first step is "officially announce it", say the subtitle of the episode, some basis about story plot, main characters, and few artworks, maybe pre-rendered videos, isn't it? Even for Conviction we had known it. C'mon people, don't be so sceptic, UBI Toronto is new studio, they want to do things differently and this is their first (big) project, so they should be good. So I bet on more info BEFORE E3. Who thinks the same? :-)

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast