Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft details Far Cry 3 Pre-Order Incentives | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnien View Post
    Maybe they'll release the pre-order items as DLC later on.
    At that time i will have already finshed this game. These are missions you need to do while embarking on the great adventure that far cry 3 is!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Double post, sorry. I just read that you kind people are on it. Wonderful .
    Last edited by Boeteloez; 03-22-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Boeteloez View Post
    Or am I seriously forced to purchase it @ the stores given @ farcrythegame.com?
    "The Lost Expeditions" will be available from all the vendors listed on the official site.
    I'm afraid the "Monkey Business Pack" will be hard to get outside the USA and Canada because for some reason neither Gamestop.com nor EBGames.ca accept international orders anymore ...

Would you be so kind to enlighten us?
    Please?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHade View Post
    "The Lost Expeditions" will be available from all the vendors listed on the official site.
    So if gamestop gets listed , we can get both "bonus" when pre-ordering?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHade View Post
    I'm afraid the "Monkey Business Pack" will be hard to get outside the USA and Canada because for some reason neither Gamestop.com nor EBGames.ca accept international orders anymore ...
    But if that is the case that means i am forced to buy the game at those points. That is just lame! I got another store with way better prices. Why dont you just offer a special edition so that all stores can offer this special bonus. Battlefield 3 had a special edition with extra maps you could buy anywhere!

A single player game should never ad additional play time via dlc, thats just wrong and messes with the whole game. I wish to play the full content of the single player part of far cry 3. I have no problem pre- ordering the game, but atleast let me still pick where i buy it and in what form!

But if that is the case that means i am forced to buy the game at those points. That is just lame! I got another store with way better prices. Why dont you just offer a special edition so that all stores can offer this special bonus. Battlefield 3 had a special edition with extra maps you could buy anywhere!

A single player game should never ad additional play time via dlc, thats just wrong and messes with the whole game. I wish to play the full content of the single player part of far cry 3. I have no problem pre- ordering the game, but atleast let me still pick where i buy it and in what form!

Totaly agree, they must do like Battlefield 3 (limited edition concept) it is the best, or at least a pre-order bonus avaiable every where, I mean seriously this has to be like that else many people wont buy it and will download it to get acess to everything in singleplayer

A European trailer for Far Cry 3 indicates that early buyers will earn themselves the Lost Expeditions Edition. Americans can also access this content by pre-ordering from various retailers.

This features additional single-player missions in the form of Ignition in the Deep and The Forgotten Experimen t. According to Ubisoft, these missions add 40 minutes to the campaign, which sounds about right given Far Cry 2's structure. A flare-gun (which fires 10-gauge shells) for use in the online multiplayer comes included as well.

Details for The Forgotten Experiment are as follows: "Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you."

Meanwhile, in Ignition in the Deep: "Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel."

The American version of the same trailer says pre-ordering Far Cry 3 from Gamestop nets players a code for the Monkey Business Pack. It includes four more missions "hosted by Hurk and his bomb-carrying monkeys." This sounds a bit more tongue-in-cheek than the story's darker, mature themes, as do the unspecified "two bonus ways to humiliate your friends" in multiplayer.

IGN has reached out to Ubisoft for additional details about the content.

The source for this info can be found HERE

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMBCHOP1972 View Post
    ..Details for The Forgotten Experiment are as follows: "Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you."

Meanwhile, in Ignition in the Deep: "Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel."..

interesting

Unhappy

I guess that's because some big vendors pay Ubisoft for that privilege ...

I wish that were the case as well but it isn't, unfortunately ...

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBCHOP1972 View Post
    The American version of the same trailer says pre-ordering Far Cry 3 from Gamestop nets players a code for the Monkey Business Pack.
    I hate to repeat myself but this just isn't true! Despite what the trailer says there's no mention of the "Monkey Business Pack" at Gamestop; they also offer "The Lost Expeditions" instead.
    As of now the only place that seems to actually offer the "Monkey Business Pack" is EBGames.ca.
    In addition to that it hasn't been cleared up if the two bonus single-player missions of "The Lost Expeditions" are part of the four bonus single-player missions of the"Monkey Business Pack". The "four more missions" (emphasis added by me) are just an interpretation of what the promo card at the end of the trailer said that was put into the IGN-article by Mitch Dyer.
    My questions still remain unanswered.

All these different versions of the game is doing my nut.
    Last edited by sanpreet; 03-23-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast