Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft details Far Cry 3 Pre-Order Incentives | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

everybody still asleep in france?

What happens if i dont pre-order the game, but I buy it in the stores like I always do. How will I be able to play these extra missions? HOW?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I hope there is a chance to combine both pre order bonuses. Whatever in which country you live and on platform you play!
    Because I like them both.

What happens if i dont pre-order the game, but I buy it in the stores like I always do. How will I be able to play these extra missions? HOW?
    and if i pre-order the game at a store that is not mentioned on Farcrythegame.com, will I still get the bonus missions??
    I dont care about the Monkey Pack, that is clearly something you can earn while playing the MP part of the game.

Where are all the Ubisoft admins?

Kind regards,

a paying customer who is willing to pre-order the pc version as a physical copy at the store I always buy my games but doenst want to miss the extra missions
    Last edited by Boeteloez; 03-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    The "pre-order" is a marketing survey to estimate bandwidth allowance and mass-distribution to retailers
    Last edited by Viragoxv535; 03-22-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    The "pre-order" is a marketing survey to estimate bandwidth allowance and mass-distribution to retailers
    so.......WTH?

Thumbs up

As I already said above BestBuy contradicts the gameplay-trailer and only mentions "The Lost Expeditions", i.e. two bonus single-player missions.
    In the meantime I saw that EBGames.ca offers the four bonus single-player missions of the "Monkey Business Pack", though. See http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/images/bonus/far_cry_3_lg.jpg, e.g.
    So it looks this will be the very same chaos and misinformation we already had with the pre-order bonus of "Far Cry 2", unfortunately ... Check this old "Far Cry 2"-thread "6 Bonus Missions exclusive to GameStop/EB preorders?!

So, my questions are as follows:
    1. Will there really be different versions of the pre-order bonus depending on the vendor?
    2. If so, will the two bonus single-player missions of the "The Lost Expeditions" be included in the four bonus single-player missions of the "Monkey Business Pack"? Or will there be six different additional missions all in all?
    3. Will the "Monkey Business Pack" really be exclusive to Gamestop.com / EBGames.ca?
    4. If there will be a Collector's Edition (I strongly hope this will be the case!) will it contain the pre-order bonus as well? If so, which one? "The Lost Expeditions", the "Monkey Business Pack", or both?
    Last edited by TheHade; 03-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.

This is driving me crazy! I've been contemplating who I should pre-order FC3 from for the past several months, and now this isn't helping. I thought I wanted to buy from GameStop because I wanted to have the game in my hands the second the store opened -- rather than waiting for the mailman who would drop it off in the afternoon. Now I have to figure out if I want one pack over the other. Monkey Business doesn't sound nearly as exciting as the Lost Expeditions, but I didn't much care for the flare gun in FC2. (And embarassing other players in multiplayer sounds fun!) Bah! This is so frustrating.

I really would just like to know if Ubisoft has any intention to offer this extra FC3 content in DLC format later on down the line. For example, other gaming companies did that with Bioshock 2 and Soul Calibur 4 where you could finally purchase characters that were exclusive to gaming systems and retailers. It took a while, but eventually it was all available. If they could confirm this is the case, I would feel much better about it.

In other words, Ubisoft -- I have every intention of buying this game. I just would hate to feel robbed of everything Far Cry 3 has to offer.
    UFLL > APR

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Cataluchi View Post
    This is driving me crazy! ... Bah! This is so frustrating.
    In other words, Ubisoft -- I have every intention of buying this game. I just would hate to feel robbed of everything Far Cry 3 has to offer.
    Same here, Mr_Cataluchi!
    I even bought "Far Cry 2" twice (pre-order version & collector's edition) to get it all. I strongly hope I won't have to do this again!
    Last edited by TheHade; 03-22-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: corrected spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by TheHade View Post
    As I already said above BestBuy contradicts the gameplay-trailer and only mentions "The Lost Expeditions", i.e. two bonus single-player missions.
    In the meantime I saw that EBGames.ca offers the four bonus single-player missions of the "Monkey Business Pack", though. See http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/images/bonus/far_cry_3_lg.jpg, e.g.
    So it looks this will be the very same chaos and misinformation we already had with the pre-order bonus of "Far Cry 2", unfortunately ... Check this old "Far Cry 2"-thread "6 Bonus Missions exclusive to GameStop/EB preorders?!

So, my questions are as follows:
    1. Will there really be different versions of the pre-order bonus depending on the vendor?
    2. If so, will the two bonus single-player missions of the "The Lost Expeditions" be included in the four bonus single-player missions of the "Monkey Business Pack"? Or will there be six different additional missions all in all?
    3. Will the "Monkey Business Pack" really be exclusive to Gamestop.com / EBGames.ca?
    4. If there will be a Collector's Edition (I strongly hope this will be the case!) will it contain the pre-order bonus as well? If so, which one? "The Lost Expeditions", the "Monkey Business Pack", or both?
    here we go. thats about it.

Question remains... can i pre-order the game at any dutch store for a physical copy (say @ www.gamesync.NL) and also enjoy the bonus missions? Or am I seriously forced to purchase it @ the stores given @ farcrythegame.com?

Would you be so kind to enlighten us?

Maybe they'll release the pre-order items as DLC later on.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast