Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myst V Steam crash Access Violation Stack Error Win 7 | Forums

Ive done that, been working my down with the windows Computer Management, however i used the AMD auto detect, which told me the best driver was "catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util.exe" however after it downloaded and the setup ran, i was told "AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. The version of your graphics adapter is not supported"

In terms of Catalyst Mobility, how major is this driver, and should i try to get it?

P.S i know you should try to have the most recent drivers, but this sounds like a "Extra Feature" Driver more than anything
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ive updated all my drivers, one of the first i did, to no avail. However am still updating Catalyst Control, as the AMD autodetect said the best driver for my laptop was a driver which would, on trying to install, say that it wasn't compatible with my hardware

Are you aware that you need to delete an older graphic driver before installing a new one ?

No i was not aware. So what should i do for installing the new driver?

Carefully read and/or print all Heimdall_G instructions...Click here

I'm unable to update my GC drivers due to AMD not liking HP's switchable graphics, (and so finding my Intel card instead of my Radeon) something that happened to a friend of mine as well. I Am also unable to find my laptop model on HP's website, so I cannot update the drivers from there.

--EDIT--

No luck yet, am going to try with an XP VM, and with luck that will work...
    Last edited by G-Rath; 03-25-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Tried with a Windows XP SP2 VM, to no luck (game wont even start, just crashes after asking me what lanague i want) which i htink could be because the VM's GC is only got 16mb of RAM, something i cant change (and have tried to -- im using MS's V PC)

Have now given up on running Myst 5 on anything close to good graphics, and so am going to try to focue on the story line while playing on my rubbish 6200 Gefore card my XP desktop has

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12