Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainbow Six Vegas 3? | Forums

It may well be that the forum feedback goes to higher ups but from there it seems to fly into one ear, out the other while taking a breif relaxing holiday in the space inbetween an then swiftly into the bin. There has been a massive amount of feedback left on these forums over the years and very little if any seems to have been heeded.I love the games and have played them both right to the point that I have now got bored, dont get me wrong, I will still play occasionally but myself and a few others have just re-installed the good old Redstorm game Rogue Spear, and will get on the gamespy servers where you can still build friends lists and be part of a supported community. Also have the ability to mod maps so you dont have to spend years on the same old predictable braintraining memory games. I will be interested to see Patriots when it is released but will be sure to read "player" reviews on the net and speak to people on forums before spending money on it. I really hope that you are right and feedback for the game will be taken note of and I also hope we get a bit of bi-directional communication along with it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die.

Goblingee

Twitter
    @goblingee

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goblingee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPixieGrrr View Post
    In my opinion they were good games with solid gameplay, in fact, they happen to be two of my favorite Ubi games of all-time. Take from that what you will.

Bear in mind that Rainbow Six: Patriots isn't due for release until next year, so it is probably a bit premature to assume that it will be unfinished.

And yes, the forums WILL be watched very closely by two Forum Managers now.
    I am looking forward to this game. I am big Tom Clancy Fan

I spent many hours in these forums helping gamers resolve problems with Vegas 2, (due to Ubisoft's lack of support) but haven't posted in a very long time.
    (I was even honored with the title "Team Rainbow Aid" for whatever that is worth..( I see that title is now gone))
    Vegas 2 was released unfinished, broken, and abandoned by Ubisoft a few short months after release.
    I worked very closely with Ms. Kleaneasy, and she really did try to resolve a lot of problems with the game, but received no help or support from Ubisoft, so as Stryker noted, she took a lot of abuse that should have been directed at Ubisoft.
    In most instances she was very tolerant and quite lenient with the rants that went on in these forums, (mine included) because she was unable to get any help, or in many instances, even a response from Ubisoft.

That said, Ubisoft would have to release a beta, actually listen to the community input, and correct most of the issues in Patriots, before releasing the game before any of our gaming group would have an interest.

For me and our gaming group to purchase another Ubi title, they would have to release a beta, and also a demo, (before release) so we could see if they have improved the sorry Ai, and the horrible netcode.

A true SADS and an SDK would also be a big help. (Actually, many serious gamers would have NO interest without these options included .. at least a SADS)

I haven't purchased an Ubissoft game since V2, and Patriots would have to be a huge improvement in many areas, with much longer support for the game from Ubisoft, and with the conditions listed above, before I would consider another purchase.

I haven't had the pleasure of working with the new forums managers, but welcome guys!!! .. If you would like a true feeling about what V2 was about, the issues that were present, the lack of help from Ubisoft and what Ms. Kleaneasy was up against and had to endure because of the lack of support from Ubisoft, go back and read the first 2 years of the threads and posts after V2 was released. Many of those issues were present in V1, and just carried over into V2.
    (V2 was basically an expensive, unfinished expansion pack of V1 with fewer maps and reduced players in co-op campaign mode)

Don't get me wrong .. V2 could have been a great game .. especially T-Hunt .. if Ubisoft had just stayed around long enough to fix and finish the many bugs, glitches, and the other more serious issues mentioned!

I would love to see a really good finished and polished FPS in the Rainbow 6 series, but I have little hope that will happen based on the Vegas series and Ubisoft's lack of support!!!
    Last edited by Lethal1940; 06-22-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Nice to see you again Lethal. I noticed right off you were stripped of you tital. But like you said what was it worth. Not many people stop in here any longer,guess they figure it is like trying to feed a dead horse. But I guess with a little work people can find imfo. on about anything they need.

I have a friend that has made major tweaks to the game and we still play quite often. He can give them shields,increase numbers up to 999,and make them all use pistols only if we decide to use piatols. Iseen in a post by EvilPixy stating the Ai were prdcictable,well on this server they are far from being predictable. So even with the gunloop and the disconnect problems we still have fun playing.

Now as for purchasing another UBI Tital I agree with everything you have stated. I will never spend money on another UBI Tital until it is proven to be worth the money,and UBI has a lot of proving to do I still love the concept of Vegas but we do need support for the games and UBI has failed to provide any kind of support for the games. I could go onand on but it has all been said before. Just downloade the new add ons for BF3 so I am off to play a decent game.

To the forum managers take Lethal's advice and go back in history and check out what the community has had to put up with since the Vegas.Series was released.
    If you are not part of the solution,you are part of the problem.

Guys, they are console gamers. They don't have to worry about broken ports like we do. You want a look at what UBI is up to, just take a look at Future Soldier. Broken MP, No SADS, and connection issues out the anus. Not even going to rant about the stupid features that 0.0% of OGR fans wanted. I'm here because I've heard rumors of Rouge Spear 2. Should be interesting to see UBI destroy that series on PC as well. Prove me wrong.

Please stop using words like Vegas and Tactical Shooter in the same sentence.

Spartacus Legends Community Manager EvilPixieGrrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal1940 View Post
    I spent many hours in these forums helping gamers resolve problems with Vegas 2, (due to Ubisoft's lack of support) but haven't posted in a very long time.
    (I was even honored with the title "Team Rainbow Aid" for whatever that is worth..( I see that title is now gone))
    Vegas 2 was released unfinished, broken, and abandoned by Ubisoft a few short months after release.
    I worked very closely with Ms. Kleaneasy, and she really did try to resolve a lot of problems with the game, but received no help or support from Ubisoft, so as Stryker noted, she took a lot of abuse that should have been directed at Ubisoft.
    In most instances she was very tolerant and quite lenient with the rants that went on in these forums, (mine included) because she was unable to get any help, or in many instances, even a response from Ubisoft.

That said, Ubisoft would have to release a beta, actually listen to the community input, and correct most of the issues in Patriots, before releasing the game before any of our gaming group would have an interest.

For me and our gaming group to purchase another Ubi title, they would have to release a beta, and also a demo, (before release) so we could see if they have improved the sorry Ai, and the horrible netcode.

A true SADS and an SDK would also be a big help. (Actually, many serious gamers would have NO interest without these options included .. at least a SADS)

I haven't purchased an Ubissoft game since V2, and Patriots would have to be a huge improvement in many areas, with much longer support for the game from Ubisoft, and with the conditions listed above, before I would consider another purchase.

I haven't had the pleasure of working with the new forums managers, but welcome guys!!! .. If you would like a true feeling about what V2 was about, the issues that were present, the lack of help from Ubisoft and what Ms. Kleaneasy was up against and had to endure because of the lack of support from Ubisoft, go back and read the first 2 years of the threads and posts after V2 was released. Many of those issues were present in V1, and just carried over into V2.
    (V2 was basically an expensive, unfinished expansion pack of V1 with fewer maps and reduced players in co-op campaign mode)

Don't get me wrong .. V2 could have been a great game .. especially T-Hunt .. if Ubisoft had just stayed around long enough to fix and finish the many bugs, glitches, and the other more serious issues mentioned!

I would love to see a really good finished and polished FPS in the Rainbow 6 series, but I have little hope that will happen based on the Vegas series and Ubisoft's lack of support!!!

Hi, and thank you.

Well unless the mutiplayer connectivity is completely changed so no more having to be reliant on ubisoft's server system in order to actually play the game on-line I for one will not buy any future ubisoft title , because the ubi server is unreliable very unreliable it seldom will not go for days without getting brain wind, today being one of those brain-wind days "Not fit for purpose" this has been evident since Vegas 1 , ubi haven't ever fixed it,why not ? Perhaps it's because they have had your money and don't give a **** about customer service there needs to be more consumer protection in this area, companies who insist on using their own server system to provide connectivity for online game play /multi player should have to provide a robust & reliable server system and maybe even some kind of back up too, or alternative methods of connecting online, that's what a real game publisher would deploy, but they unlike ubi provide support for their games to be hosted by game hosting companies so are independent and can be geographically closer to the end user

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12