View Poll Results: Please select Yes or No on the following proposed rule changes:

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: Intermediate category added of 70,001-90,000, between Beginner and Advanced

30 75.00%
  • NO: Intermediate category added of 70,001-90,000, between Beginner and Advanced

8 20.00%
  • YES: Another category, beyond expert, of guitar god (scoring cutoff starting at 220k)

16 40.00%
  • NO: Another category, beyond expert, of guitar god (scoring cutoff starting at 220k)

19 47.50%
  • YES: A restructuring of rankings based on Accuracy and Streak (Scores will only decide category)

13 32.50%
  • NO: A restructuring of rankings based on Accuracy and Streak (Scores will only decide category)

25 62.50%
  • YES: An honorable mention category added for highest Accuracy Percentages and Note Streaks

26 65.00%
  • NO: An honorable mention category added for highest Accuracy Percentages and Note Streaks

10 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REAL Poll: Weekly Song Challenge Rule Changes | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Exclamation REAL Poll: Weekly Song Challenge Rule Changes

Based on the results of this poll I will implement changes to the weekly song challenge rules. Remember, I envision the song challenge as being the product of the community. I might have proposed the idea for weekly challenges but the community has developed the idea and run with it.

Keep making this idea better so we can make it a more enjoyable experience for you!
    Last edited by Stringfiend; 03-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Good choices. Will be interesting to see the votes.

I would also suggest an addition poll option,,,,

If you post a score in the next level up, then your score in the lower levels are no longer counted. Advanced NMM and advanced MM are being won by the same people - there's not really any pointg in having NMM
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

I'm with Kinch on that, it would make more sense to me if you could only enter one level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokco View Post
    I'm with Kinch on that, it would make more sense to me if you could only enter one level.
    We have it set that you are automatically removed from the last level if you post in the level above. However, the Expert category is one level, Mastermode and Non-mastermode and people wanted to be able to enter scores in both. We may consider changing this if we had another category above Expert.

Everyone wants a category that they can win, but it might turn out that this would require creating too many divisions in the rankings.

I don't mean to be snarky, but I will be.

This is getting to be like 3rd grade, where every kid is a winner, and we can't have losers, or kids will get discouraged. There will be a prize, for every score.

OTOH, whatever makes ya'll happy, I'll keep turnin' in my scores each week, that I can. It is all fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    I don't mean to be snarky, but I will be.

This is getting to be like 3rd grade, where every kid is a winner, and we can't have losers, or kids will get discouraged. There will be a prize, for every score. :rolleyes
    Haha, I agree. We can't make everyone happy. Maybe one day everyone will have their own respective category to "win" then no one will feel like a loser.

lol - fair enough. Get rid of NMM then - what's the point of it?

41 years ago I won 1st place in a beautiful baby competition so I'm sorted for silverware

(Oddly enough, many years later we discoved that a friend was dating the girl who got 2nd). So I'm not sure what that means...
    Last edited by KinchBlade; 03-19-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

Why don't we just make categories in five-point increments, so everyone can win? Jiminy.

There's not even prizes, so why is everyone so uptight?

Quote Originally Posted by KinchBlade View Post
    lol - fair enough. Get rid of NMM then - what's the point of it?
    I think it really comes down to particular songs. Some songs are VERY hard to master even while getting scores in the 90k+ range. For example Surf Hell wasn't too hard to master, so there was less of differentiation for the NMM category, but on Higher Ground, there were some sections that were very difficult to master without a ton of grinding.

Just my two cents.

***EDIT**** I just realized I was confusing advanced with NMM. Please disregard my comment. For what it's worth I'm with Rcole, at the end of the day I don't really care what the categories are, I'll just submit my scores and see where they land.
    Last edited by Funk-n-Stein; 03-19-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast