Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M1014C Gameplay | Forums

M1014C Gameplay

Enjoy and have a nice day

"Loyalty runs deep"

Supaharo!
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

Looks like I would definitely enjoy that shotgun. Better than the pentagun?
    IGN: JonoBurr

Dang, super, your vids always make me smile. I use the full length version of the benelli, and I think it's awesome. That's a vertical foregrip, and the 1x optic? Same set-up I run on the full size.

@Johno, it's a bit more damage than the penta, with a longer reload, due to the tube mag. Not really an issue if you top it off every couple of shells.
    Last edited by Creepermoss; 03-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnoBurr View Post
    Looks like I would definitely enjoy that shotgun. Better than the pentagun?

Its good not better but different, the RELOAD is slow, its single Shelled not a revolver like then Pen and wen you have exhausted all rounds the game will only automatically reload 1 shell, sometimes you forget to reload come out of hiding to meet more then one Baddie with 1 Shell in the chamber. the handling is fun, the range is very short and its a weak POP. but non the less the speed is ridiculous it sprays and shoots buck-shots like a drunk guy at a urinal.

"Loyalty runs deep"

Just another Showing of how Way way way way to easy tyhe Shotguns are to use, and how the Spread is to Little and how the Distance is to far.

All in all nice Vid and yeah i tried the shotgun on the last day and my Score improved 10 folds..

Quote Originally Posted by AllStyle View Post
    Just another Showing of how Way way way way to easy tyhe Shotguns are to use, and how the Spread is to Little and how the Distance is to far.

All in all nice Vid and yeah i tried the shotgun on the last day and my Score improved 10 folds..
    They're not "so easy to use". There are a number of things that add up to make them appear the way you perceive them.

1) the small, fairly close ranges found on most maps gives the shotguns an advantage, by keeping most firefights inside of the gun's effective range. If we had some more open maps, they would be less useful, and you'd see less of them.

2) You remember being killed by a shotgun, but do you also take note of every shotgun user you kill? Probably not. Also, no-one is posting videos of themselves failing with a shotgun. All you see is the few people that really shine with them, using them well enough that they "make it look easy", just like a professional athlete while playing his particular sport. Dunking a basketball looks fairly simple when you watch someone like Vince Carter. Go try to do the things he does in your driveway with the same level of skill.

3)I (and probably most of the shotgun masters here) can maintain the same kdr with any other class of weapons. Those of us that choose the shotgun over another weapon use them because they fit well with the way we like to play. I'm an aggressive player, trying to do that with a gun that has less up-front damage delivery wouldn't work as well for me, so I run the shotgun.

I believe that you, Allstyle, have no exposure to real world shotgun mechanics. Here's a video showing what a mossberg 500 series will do at 80 yards, which is well beyond (like 3x or more) the effective range in GRO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hZ8qiyvi-M

The shotgun spread in GRO is actually more than in the real world, I think this was done for balancing purposes. If a 20" shotgun can put most of the pellets on a 36" wide target at 80 yards, they can certainly put all of them on a 20-24" wide target at less than 30 yards. I measure 22" wide at the breastbone, or "center mass", the point most shooters are taught to aim for.
    Last edited by Creepermoss; 03-19-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllStyle View Post

I am getting so tired of seeing posts like this. As for the reload on the M1014, I don't think it would be a problem for me since I basically reload everytime I take someone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepermoss View Post
    3)I (and probably most of the shotgun masters here) can maintain the same kdr with any other class of weapons. Those of us that choose the shotgun over another weapon use them because they fit well with the way we like to play. I'm an aggressive player, trying to do that with a gun that has less up-front damage delivery wouldn't work as well for me, so I run the shotgun.
    I'll use an AR depending on the situation, but I tend to main shotguns. But I stay versatile.
    Last edited by JohnoBurr; 03-19-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepermoss View Post
    I believe that you, Allstyle, have no exposure to real world shotgun mechanics. Here's a video showing what a mossberg 500 series will do at 80 yards, which is well beyond (like 3x or more) the effective range in GRO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hZ8qiyvi-M
    Remember that GRO is a game. Using things like this to support your claim is generally weak.
    The objective of this game is not to reach any level of realism, it's to use unrealistic setting/environments to make fluid tactical play.
    Last edited by gameshoes; 03-19-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gameshoes View Post
    Remember that GRO is a game. Using things like this to support your claim is generally weak.
    The objective of this game is not to reach any level of realism, it's to use unrealistic setting/environments to make fluid tactical play.
    Just because it's a game doesn't mean it can't model ballistics in a realistic way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast