Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there still people playing online? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

is there still people playing online?

I was talking to a friend of how awesome splinter cell multiplayer online was and how we should buy it and get on and play, and he brought up a good point on whether people still play or not. i know on xbox and ps3 it took a while to find a game sometimes over 10 min and that was shortly after the game came out, (maybe a couple months or so). i know splinter cell has always had a small player base online but the game was soooo much fun.

So my question is, Do people still play multiplayer online on PC and how long does it usually take to match up?
    Is it worth it more to get double agent or conviction for pc?
    is the player base different?
    should i buy it at all?

please keep in mind im getting the game SPECIFICALLY for the online multiplayer and NOT for the single player , i dont care for campaign i dont care how good it is im into multiplayer not single. please help so i dont waste my or my friends money by getting this game and never being able to find a match.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I still play this game. My uplay id is jonjon1998

but do people still play i mean you say you play , how long does it take to find a match when you play? and is it still mercs vs spys or do they not have that anymore? i saw they added new game modes but does the original one still exsist?

Anyone?

Hello Wickidbliss... glad to hear to you are considering buying Splinter Cell Conviction. Most definitely, people are still playing Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line... but I must admit, the playing field has dwindled (as most on-line games do after a couple of years). You will find Splinter Cell Conviction die-hards (like myself) who love this game so much and just can't get enough, as-well-as new players. I have over a hundred friends on my list, but only a couple of dozen are on at any given time. There are peak times to finding Splinter Cell Conviction players on-line... evenings/weekends and holidays are best... this past holiday season (around October to January) there were tons of players on-line... it was great fun. During peak times, matchmaking can take anywhere from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes... during non-peak times, matchmaking can take 2 to 10 minutes (depending on how many players are on-line).

Unfortunately, a large portion of players are having connection problems/issues due to the simple fact "most Splinter Cell Conviction players do not have the knowledge to properly open ports in router/firewall or app that monitors/blocks ports" (a requirement to play multiplayer on-line http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...alhQcGxlVGs%3D). Many players assume they have opened ports in router (port forward) and in firewall correctly, but in fact have not... thus causing connection problems/issues. I'm sure that after days/weeks/months of trying to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line and receiving messages like "The Splinter Cell Conviction server is unavailable at this time" or "Unable to join... connection not responding" frustration/anger sets-in and players get on this forum and rant and/or give-up playing Splinter Cell Conviction all-together.

I personally think that Splinter Cell Conviction is the greatest game ever... it is the only game on the market (currently) where you and your coop partner can play h2h (hand to hand) completely Stealthy... no other game on the market comes close... or, you can play all-out Rambo style using the "really cool" Mark & Execute feature. The 3Dimensional graphics (with respect to geophysics) are extremely intense and realistic... New Orleans map is my favorite; it's awesome. The characters physical movements in the game are so realistic and lifelike... again, no other game on the market comes close this type of amazing programming and graphics. Hands-down, Splinter Cell Conviction is the best of the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell series... no comparison. On top of all this... I have had the pleasure of talking (via Splinter Cell Conviction Voice chat) to players from across the globe... Turkey, Russia, Egypt, Korea, Vietnam, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, India, Brazil, Chile etc... the list goes on-and-on... many of these players and I have become very good friends... all of them love Splinter Cell Conviction.

Yes, you definitely should buy it... but do your homework first and ensure you have met the minimum hardware/software requirements http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a..._id/13493/p/88. Also; familiarize yourself with opening ports in your router and firewall so you can be prepared http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...alhQcGxlVGs%3D. I hope I've answered most of your questions... see you on the battlefield.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Green.Hornet; 03-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green.Hornet View Post
    Hello Wickidbliss... glad to hear to you are considering buying Splinter Cell Conviction. Most definitely, people are still playing Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line... but I must admit, the playing field has dwindled (as most on-line games do after a couple of years). You will find Splinter Cell Conviction die-hards (like myself) who love this game so much and just can't get enough, as-well-as new players. I have over a hundred friends on my list, but only a couple of dozen are on at any given time. There are peak times to finding Splinter Cell Conviction players on-line... evenings/weekends and holidays are best... this past holiday season (around October to January) there were tons of players on-line... it was great fun. During peak times, matchmaking can take anywhere from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes... during non-peak times, matchmaking can take 2 to 10 minutes (depending on how many players are on-line).

Unfortunately, a large portion of players are having connection problems/issues due to the simple fact "most Splinter Cell Conviction players do not have the knowledge to properly open ports in router/firewall or app that monitors/blocks ports" (a requirement to play multiplayer on-line http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...alhQcGxlVGs%3D). Many players assume they have opened ports in router (port forward) and in firewall correctly, but in fact have not... thus causing connection problems/issues. I'm sure that after days/weeks/months of trying to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer on-line and receiving messages like "The Splinter Cell Conviction server is unavailable at this time" or "Unable to join... connection not responding" frustration/anger sets-in and players get on this forum and rant and/or give-up playing Splinter Cell Conviction all-together.

I personally think that Splinter Cell Conviction is the greatest game ever... it is the only game on the market (currently) where you and your coop partner can play h2h (hand to hand) completely Stealthy... no other game on the market comes close... or, you can play all-out Rambo style using the "really cool" Mark & Execute feature. The 3Dimensional graphics (with respect to geophysics) are extremely intense and realistic... New Orleans map is my favorite; it's awesome. The characters physical movements in the game are so realistic and lifelike... again, no other game on the market comes close this type of amazing programming and graphics. Hands-down, Splinter Cell Conviction is the best of the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell series... no comparison. On top of all this... I have had the pleasure of talking (via Splinter Cell Conviction Voice chat) to players from across the globe... Turkey, Russia, Egypt, Korea, Vietnam, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, India, Brazil, Chile etc... the list goes on-and-on... many of these players and I have become very good friends... all of them love Splinter Cell Conviction.

Yes, you definitely should buy it... but do your homework first and ensure you have met the minimum hardware/software requirements http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a..._id/13493/p/88. Also; familiarize yourself with opening ports in your router and firewall so you can be prepared http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...alhQcGxlVGs%3D. I hope I've answered most of your questions... see you on the battlefield.

Good luck.
    I agree with him

And I dont find a match, I usually play with the friend(s) I have

Green.Hornet. I got the Insurgency Pack. I was waiting for you to pick one of those maps

I bought this game last year and on my behalf it was a disappointment in regards to the first three games (4th was even worse). In terms of singleplayer I found the game fun until the level where you have flashbacks from the war (Arabian location, can`t remember the exact place). At the same time...I tried for about 10 times to play it online but with NO RESULT.
    To be honest I am glad to hear that people still play it online, because I believe it has a potential that unfortunately the single player does not offer.
    I am currently reinstalling it and hopefully I will be able to find people in the game. Take care guys!

i play and i have skype with mic if someone used my skype is sharonmaster1and uplay wolferoftime

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast