Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously.......waste of my time and money | Forums

Seriously.......waste of my time and money

So i was waiting and waiting and waiting for this game, i play the trial just to see what its about "wow this is amazing i need to buy it, is that really his daughter?".
    Straight away i i bought MS points without leaving my chair and buy the full game, and what a misery as soon as i got past the demo level i start noticing unfinished and untextured models everywhere. (have you looked closley at skeletons, cars, and bodys hanging from poles on buildings?).

This game was in the making for 6 years, SIX YEARS, i could of got 4 people from college and make this game within 2 months. This game is utterly terrible and i feel ripped off as they made the demo level so perfect that it made you have to get the game, whats more is it only took me 3 hours to complete the game! there are SNES games longer than that, even if you dont like it i think you should go through the game one more time just to count how many objects you can spot that are unfinished, i estimate 80+.

Just looking at what ive written already you can see its a bad game and i have not even mentioned the controls while climbing, countless times i try to climb up and Adam thinks i want him to go left or right, and these people made Assassins Creed? How on earth could this game be in the making for 6 years? that amount of time in development we should of had a city the size of 10 US states and over 100 hours of gameplay with 100's of sidequests.

Oh and what about the fog, how do the "Gangs" see me in the fog when i cant see them? and why do some of them have body armour? seriously this game is a shambles and it should never have been made. Worst game of 2012 by far........actually scratch that worst game of all time.

Rant over feel free to join in
    Last edited by DUI_Murda; 03-15-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The game was announced in 2008, that's when development originally started. Then, in 2010, it was taken right back to the drawing board, so in effect it only had a two-year development. No idea where you're getting six years from, no game has a development cycle that long. The new Tomb Raider has only been in development for three years, the same applies to Assassin's Creed 3 - and those are huge budget triple-A titles. The facts in your posts seem somewhat badly researched, like thinking the same people who made I Am Alive also made the Assassin's Creed games. They didn't. Ubisoft Shanghai developed I Am Alive after taking over from Darkworks in 2010, whereas Ubisoft Montreal, Gameloft and Griptonite Games developed the AC series.

SERIOUSLY. $8.

What kind of game can you buy for that, a crappy 2D side scroller if you're lucky or maybe Angry Birds, or some lame Avatar Items, and you're complaining about a game that plays a lot like Splinter Cell Conviction (it's built off of the same engine).
    The textures are just fine, the length is fine, the unfinished models don't really detract at all from the premise and the gameplay.

The full game expands on the trial, significantly, so anyone saying the trial was good and the full game wasn't, obviously wasn't even paying attention when they demo'd it. I've got no problem with people not liking the game, it's certainly not a mainstream type of title, but sometimes it seems like people just want to moan for the sake of it.

Good game, good quality, EXCELLENT PRICE, especially if you went in with reasonable expectations instead of assuming you're going to get Assassin's Creed for eight bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    SERIOUSLY. $8.

Good game, good quality, EXCELLENT PRICE, especially if you went in with reasonable expectations instead of assuming you're going to get Assassin's Creed for eight bucks.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but it's not good quality. Recheck the forums.

Downloaded it on the PS3 last night...no, its not the best looking game and yes there are some glitches with the movement but for the price, I have no complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsnakeeyes View Post
    I'm sorry to have to tell you this but it's not good quality. Recheck the forums.
    Oh, you're of the mindset that the majority is always right? (I'm not even sure that the majority didn't like it anyway, it's always the disgruntled that are the noisiest). Do a bit of history research on the majority in Germany in 1940, might alter your opinion on majorities a tad.
    At the end of the day, majority is just mob rule anyway, the idea that MORE individuals are some how smarter or more perceptive han one individual with a higher IQ is a laugh. (not saying I have the higher IQ.....well I probably do ).

But I respect that you didn't like it.
    Personally, considering that 8 bucks couldn't have even got me into a crap movie but in this instance delivered 3-6 hours of enjoyable and intelligent game play in an original environment, with comprehensive and intuitive controls and strategy, and using common sense as a basis for my assessment I would still have the opinion that IAA was a 'good quality' game. Checking the opinions of negative, pessimistic and immature members on the forums won't alter that. Nor will the opinion of a reasonable sound mind that lacks the ability to present that opinion in a reasonable and amiable manner.
    Last edited by SolidSage; 04-14-2012 at 02:12 AM.

I have to say it's been one of the best, most original survival games I've played in a long time. It's well worth the money

I have but one maybe 2 questions, I have recently purchased the game for 11.99 which yes is a good price, and i loved the game, I played 8 hours of it, i have managed to get Mei and her mother on board a boat, but the guy apparently, says he can not go with them, as he must find his own family, then the game ends abruptly, why is this and where is the rest of the game?

Red face

your right in many ways about this game but seriously if you have time to write an essay complaining then you have way to much time on your hands, the game just needs to be longer, quit your whining, go back to little big planet or something...

Sweet jesus, you beat it in 3 hours??? My first playthrough took 6 and a half hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast