Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rocksmith Best Buy Exclusive Edition versus "regular" version | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Best buy at one time was going to run there own personal store for rocksmith. Ie exslusive songs and what not. I guess the deal feel threw. You can actually see a best buy store menu part in game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Pervert View Post
    Best buy at one time was going to run there own personal store for rocksmith. Ie exslusive songs and what not. I guess the deal feel threw. You can actually see a best buy store menu part in game.
    You sure about that? That's the first time I've heard about exclusive songs for the BB version (other than the 2 free dlc songs when RS first came out).

The non BB version has a Guitar Center store. I think BB just paid for exclusive in-game advertisement (BB music store) for the version they sell.
    Last edited by MrKev1n; 05-30-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Need this as an update:

I own the Best Buy Edition for the 360, and I'm super low on space on my harddrive, so can someone confirm if these exclusive pedals became normal pedals in the retail release of Rocksmith Guitar and Bass?

FYI - these pedals in question are:

The Powerchorder instant power chord harmony pedal allows players to easily execute complex shifting power chord riffs and 5th harmony leads simply by playing single notes.

The Trem-Olé! vintage surf/Rockabilly/Western movie tone effect pedal couples a fixed speed, selectable tremolo with a slap-back delay.

The Robo Crunch high-tech, low-fi synth simulator combines a bit reduction effect with a slow moving flanger.
    Last edited by Fecal_Feast; 11-20-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    Taumata whakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu is NOT a crime

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal_Feast View Post
    Need this as an update:

I own the Best Buy Edition for the 360, and I'm super low on space on my harddrive, so can someone confirm if these exclusive pedals became normal pedals in the retail release of Rocksmith Guitar and Bass?

FYI - these pedals in question are:

The Powerchorder instant power chord harmony pedal allows players to easily execute complex shifting power chord riffs and 5th harmony leads simply by playing single notes.

The Trem-Olé! vintage surf/Rockabilly/Western movie tone effect pedal couples a fixed speed, selectable tremolo with a slap-back delay.

The Robo Crunch high-tech, low-fi synth simulator combines a bit reduction effect with a slow moving flanger.
    I'm not sure I understand your question exactly. It looks like BestBuy still has an 'exclusive' edition, but it does not include bass. The normal non-branded version is probably what you mean by retail. I cannot confirm nor deny the existence in that version, I only have the Best Buy version.

What I can say is that I don't think these pedals are anything special, and you are not missing out on anything.

I'm not a sound expert, but I've played with the pedal and Tone Designer in the game a fair amount, and I bought the BestBuy version because I thought I'd like that Trem-Ole to satisfy my surf needs.

The thing is, I never use it. There are at least 4 other sound effects in there that are at least as good, and I actually like better (personal taste of course).

More to the point- I cannot hear any difference at all between Tenor Recall tone, and a tone that I build using Trem-Ole. Tenor Recall you get from The Horrors song Do You Remember, at 70K.

I didn't look into the other tones in depth, but I'd bet anything you can build the PowerChorder and Robo-Crunch tone out of the other component pedals.

That almost certainly does not answer your question, but hopefully that's helpful.

I'm only talking about the retail re-lanch of the game, you know the Rocksmith Gutiar and Bass edition...

Uh you can sorta get a sound that's like the Powerchorder, but sadly last time I checked you can only have one pedal of the same kind on the pedal board....so it would be better to have the Powerchorder along with the other pitch shifter pedal and then you could get this cool full sound....uh also I think the other pitch shifter is an emulation of the EHX POG, which DOES NOT have Perfect 5ths... which is what a Power Chord is...so maybe you can't even emulate the Powerchorder withoutthat specific pedal.... :/

But yeah question still stands, does the re-lanch of the game have these (possibly formerly) exclusive pedals? -Thanks, Ben S.
    Taumata whakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu is NOT a crime

Now I have a new question. If I were to start over using the standard disc, I can still play purchased DLC songs right? I'm kind of concerned about there being two different stores, that makes me feel like they don't transfer over. Thanks for any answers.

My problem has been taken care of, I think all I had to do was update the game. I updated the standard version and everything works perfectly! despite the different versions, and even the saves worked!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123