Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassins vs Templars - which side would you choose? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

In order to achieve peace, only the Templar's methods are the ones that could lead to "peace", but I don't think we can qualify that as true peace, because what the Templar's envision to the world does not correspond to peace, it's much more about control and order.

The Assassin's main goal is to preserve free will, even if that means a flawed humanity. Like the Assassin's, I recognize that by preserving free will, it's impossible to achieve peace.

In the end, both want peace, the difference is they use different methods, although the funny thing is, in my opinion, no one, neither the Assassin's nor the Templars can in the end achieve true peace.

Peace doesn't exist.

With this said, I might add that I sympathize with the Templars, like I do with the Assassin's, for different reasons, but in the end, I prefer to live in a world where free will exists.
    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."

Al Mualim, 1191
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Peace doesn't exist.
    Peace between nations exist, and that was the main focus of AC1.

I prefer to live in a world where free will exists.
    This is funny, because there is no such thing as true free will.

Peace is just one goal for the templars on their way to a perfect society.

Currently I feel the Assasains are abit too dependant on the templars to exist. The whole series is basicaly:

Templars------------------------>Has a grand plan.

Assasains----------------->Has no plan, only seeks to stop the templars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Peace between nations exist, and that was the main focus of AC1.

This is funny, because there is no such thing as true free will.

Peace is just one goal for the templars on their way to a perfect society.

Currently I feel the Assasains are abit too dependant on the templars to exist. The whole series is basicaly:

When I said peace doesn't exist, I meant eternal peace, worldwide peace, a world without violence.

About free will, I didn't say that true free will exist, I meant that I prefer to live in a world where sometimes I can make my own decisions, do what I want, sometimes with limitations, and not in a world where someone can control others all the time, 24/7, manipulating events, and deciding everything that happens in the world.

Edit: I agree with you on the last part, and that's the Assassin's mission, when they say they want to preserve free will, they will automatically fight others who are trying to eliminate it.
    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."

Al Mualim, 1191

a world without violence
    Violence is a naturual human instinct. We need some of it to be stable individuals. When the templars say they want peace it means no war and everything controlled by one order.

Worldwide peace is a realistic goal that many humans work for.

I meant that I prefer to live in a world where sometimes I can make my own decisions, do what I want, sometimes with limitations, and not in a world where someone can control others all the time, 24/7, manipulating events, and deciding everything that happens in the world.
    And the templars let you do that. The templars rule in the shadows and keep up the illusion of your free will. Its a win- win situation!

"good" can't exist without "evil" and vice versa

and "stop the templars" looks like a plan to me...

Violence is a naturual human instinct. We need some of it to be stable individuals. When the templars say they want peace it means no war and everything controlled by one order.

Worldwide peace is a realistic goal that many humans work for.

And the templars let you do that. The templars rule in the shadows and keep up the illusion of your free will. Its a win- win situation!
    How do you even know what the Templars want?

How do you know what will happen and what will the Templars do if they launch the satellite?
    Last edited by Gil_217; 03-14-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Al Mualim, 1191

The Assassins were formed to give Humans free will, and to do anything to keep their free will. That is their goal.

Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21

Unity - Duty - Destiny
    Unofficial UbiForums Steam Group

"good" can't exist without "evil" and vice versa
    Neither the templars or assasains can be placed as good or evil.

and "stop the templars" looks like a plan to me...
    So if the templars somehow vansih, then what will the brotherhood do? Kill Greedy individuals? I just feel the organization needs to make goals of their own, like educating the masses, helping the poor etc.

How do you even know what the Templars want?
    Control mankind towards their ideals, attain peace, unlock the full potential of humanity. Its stated across the books, games and agent files of ACR.

How do you know what will happen if they launch the satellite?
    Well Vidic in the DLC says "Utopia will be within reach" The agent files of ACR says its about tracking individuals but also says they want to control with it.

My guess: Global piece of Eden effect.
    Last edited by Sukramo; 03-14-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexx21 View Post
    The Assassins were formed to give Humans free will, and to do anything to keep their free will. That is their goal.
    I think "assure humans' free will" is better than "give", we already have free will, the assassins won't give us more than we already have if they achieve their goal.....

And lol about them ruling in the shadows, that's what they were doing the entire time, that's why they are launching the satellite now, there's no need to rule in the shadows anymore, they can do it in plain sight, and no one can do nothing about it.

When I said all of that about you knowing what the Templars want, I was only pointing out at your comment about them ruling in the shadows and about what they will do if they launch the satellite.

This discussion we're having is kinda pointless because If they launch the satellite they can rule the world as they want, in the way they want.

Al Mualim, 1191

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast