Thread: Cool down DLC details | Forums

Cool down DLC details

I'm curious what's in the Cool Down DLC package before buying it. Can someone give me a quick explanation of the package, or even better a detailed list of exercises?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The exercises are really good, but the implementation look like pre-alpha release. If you do not care about the money, buy it. But the implementation is so ugly, so that I cannot recommend it. However, I use it regularly.

You can and should find something much better on the net. IMHO, the DLC is just horrible. I don't care about the couple of bucks it cost me, its the fact that I feel cheated on the layout of it and the cool down part. I used it a few times, but found it more a waste of time than anything. I have since found some after exercise cool downs to do instead on the web. You can also try some of the zen classes to stretch out, that is what I used to use in YSFE. However, do not even waste one red cent on Cool Down DLC.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

Zdarma, I agree with you almost completely. The Cool Down DLC has too little content and the implementation is not optimal. In addition, there are many more and even better stretching exercises than those in the DLC. On the other hand, it's better than nothing. Stretching is a really important thing that should be an integral part of each warm-up and cooldown. In my opinion the zen classes are no substitute for a good stretching.

I don't have much of a complaint about the stretching exercises themselves. I actually enjoy doing them. They are what they are and as K1200GRED has said some stretches are better than none. But I agree that the whole DLC appears very hurriedly thrown together and if they were going to put out something like that it should have at least been for free. I mean, how difficult would it have been to, at the very least, apply a texture to the "trainer"? The scenery is pleasant enough, I guess, but what's up with the floating green fuzzy balls? They're ridiculous!

____
    Life is in the details, don't miss a thing

LOL, I've already thought about the function of these green, hairy and somewhat cuddly balls. Maybe they have a special, relaxing effect. Perhaps one must first be stoned to realize their true meaning. But please, dear children: Do not try this!

K1200GTRED, you are right, stretching is important. However, the DLC is not really that good and once you watch a couple of cool downs on the web you can pretty much do your own and tailor it to your own needs. Sadly, I find the Cool Down DLC, a step above the Warm Up section in Activities, which though graphically nicer are just 2 minutes of annoyance IMHO.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

Zdarma, we agree. I had my own set of effective stretching exercises even before the Cool Down DLC has been released. For the whole set I need about half an hour. Often I do not have enough time for it or I'm just too lazy. Then I fall back on the stretching exercises of the DLC. From this perspective, the purchase has paid off for me. In addition, I also get a few more calories points if I do stretching or a part of stretching within YSFE - in line with the saying "Many a little make a mickle." (or in German "Kleinvieh macht auch Mist!"