Thread: Weapon control and menu | Forums

Weapon control and menu

I have just acquired a new Windows 7 computer. There are a couple of problems that I've found with COD, like enlarging the map while on the mission and zooming with the static camera. However, the biggest problem is that of the weapons. In the control settings, there are the choices of weapon and ammo, but there is no choice as to the firing of the weapon. The only weapon that fires is the wing MGs and that is only fired with the space bar,the joystick will not fire any weapon. The other weapon problem is that I can;t get the turrets to fire or move (turn), maybe that is part of the first weapon problem? Is all this because of Windows 7 or is the solution somewhere else?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello Schubert. You have to assign a ****on on your controller as "trigger" to fire the guns. I have on the trigger assigned to "fire both 1+2" wich means it will fire all the guns in the fighter. For turets, you have to assign controls for moving the turret and by default i think the left mouse ****on fires the guns. The turret control is a bit more complicated and you should have a good look in the manual so you know how to set it up and use it correctly. The manual is a .pdf file in your game folder in the ..::\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Jaws2002; 03-20-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote